Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bill Cosby Going to Jail

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There seemed to be an awful lot of smoke around Cosby for there not to have been a fire. I hate to think that he did this sort of thing, but he came from a different time when powerful men could get away with pretty much whatever they wanted to. Otherwise I would say that the thing that upsets me most about it is that he would be stupid enough to do this stuff.

I've been around a long time, and can't imagine for one minute how anyone could say that Bill Cosby was not the greatest stand up comedian who ever lived. Yet I've looked on a lot of lists on the internet, and he is usually only somewhere in the top ten, if he's included at all. It seems like a lot of people are saying that his actions have tainted his career, so that you can't list him as number one, and maybe shouldn't list him at all. That sounds a little like rewriting history to me though. Everyone of a certain age was familiar with Cosby's comedy albums from the '60s.

I've seen Jerry Seinfeld on TV arguing that you should be able to separate the actions from the act, but others have disagreed with him. Seinfeld was in awe that Cosby could go on stage and do a two hour standup routine, when it was a herculean effort for Jerry to put together one hour of material.

People seem to have given Cosby's crown to Richard Pryor, an obviously talented comedian in his own right. But I don't believe he or anyone else equalled or surpassed Cosby, and Cosby was able to do it clean. Now he'll probably spend the rest of his life in prison. It's a sad day for me.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been around a long time, and can't imagine for one minute how anyone could say that Bill Cosby was not the greatest stand up comedian who ever lived.
This is a sad reality of it. I have a ton of Cosby's albums, and I enjoy pulling them out once in a while and having a good laugh. The albums stand the test of time, and they're still funny to this day. There were a lot of 5hitty comedy records in the 60s and 70s that aren't even close to funny.

The way I look at it, you can't deny the guy's talent even though he fvcked up majorly. This is the way I've had to view guys like Cosby, Gary Glitter, Pete Townsend, etc. They've all displayed really good talent, but their personal life is fvcking disgusting. I have no problem enjoying the slice of talent these guys have given the world, but I refuse to say they're worthy of being role models.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It blows my mind you can settle for 3.5 million dollars and not have a clause saying she can't testify in any other cases. Plus while I'm against sexual assault as much as anyone if somebody pays you off you should go away. ESPECIALLY if it's as much money as this was.

I don't share your opinion about the hilarity of Cosby though. Maybe I came too late since I knew him only from the Cosby Show which was ok but not earth shattering in my opinion.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It blows my mind you can settle for 3.5 million dollars and not have a clause saying she can't testify in any other cases. Plus while I'm against sexual assault as much as anyone if somebody pays you off you should go away. ESPECIALLY if it's as much money as this was.
WTF

How about we take away the option of paying people off. It's either jail or they go free. I bet we'd get a lot less of this #metoo stuff.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't share your opinion about the hilarity of Cosby though. Maybe I came too late since I knew him only from the Cosby Show which was ok but not earth shattering in my opinion.
I fully agree with you about The Cosby Show. It was all right but nothing more (although obviously it was a big commercial success). I was specifically talking about his standup.

Billtx49

Reaction score
WTF

How about we take away the option of paying people off. It's either jail or they go free. I bet we'd get a lot less of this #metoo stuff.
Agree, but the payoff initially satisfies her greed and free money desires. Then years later some women eventually conclude it was not justice, but more meaningfull to her if she has decent self esteem, is in realizing that she was bought off like a hooker. Then she goes into a get your cake and eat it too mode.…

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
It's funny as a police officer I've dealt with sexual assault case. Never have I had one reported to me that was not from the same day or one day before. I took them very seriously. But if one came to me and said they wanted to report a sexual assault in my jurisdiction from 40 years ago, even 5 years go, or maybe even 6 months ago, I would probably end up loosing my job because I wouldn't be able to take them seriously. There needs to be a deadline for reporting this stuff. And it needs to be days and not weeks, months, years, or decades.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny as a police officer I've dealt with sexual assault case. Never have I had one reported to me that was not from the same day or one day before. I took them very seriously. But if one came to me and said they wanted to report a sexual assault in my jurisdiction from 40 years ago, even 5 years go, or maybe even 6 months ago, I would probably end up loosing my job because I wouldn't be able to take them seriously. There needs to be a deadline for reporting this stuff. And it needs to be days and not weeks, months, years, or decades.
Being a celebrity must be such a dicey life. No privacy to just be anonymous when you've attained your riches. Everybody getting into your business.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If someone accuses me of rape and another 100 person agrees with that, does that mean I'm guilty?

If so, don't they need show any proof ?
In a court of LAW, yes the burden of proof is always on the accuser.

However, in a court of 'do whatever the fukk you want', the evidence is played down.

My vote is for a second trial, in a REAL court of LAW, where the evidence is king and NOT mob rule.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

This case is a joke. No adherance to the 'statute of limitations'.

Can he appeal, and NOT get a trial in a court of ninnys?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
In a court of LAW, yes the burden of proof is always on the accuser.

However, in a court of 'do whatever the fukk you want', the evidence is played down.

My vote is for a second trial, in a REAL court of LAW, where the evidence is king and NOT mob rule.
For a crime to be committed, both the accused and the accuser/s must be together.

At the very least they must show proof that they were in the same room/location where the alleged crime took place.

Was there any proof?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was there any proof?
Nope, the conviction was based on heresay. I was excommunicated from my church under these same conditions.

People have lost their minds.:eek:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been around a long time, and can't imagine for one minute how anyone could say that Bill Cosby was not the greatest stand up comedian who ever lived. Yet I've looked on a lot of lists on the internet, and he is usually only somewhere in the top ten, if he's included at all. It seems like a lot of people are saying that his actions have tainted his career, so that you can't list him as number one, and maybe shouldn't list him at all. That sounds a little like rewriting history to me though. Everyone of a certain age was familiar with Cosby's comedy albums from the '60s.
Hell no. George Carlin is king. If not, then Dave Chappelle. I think for black people, it’s probably Bernie Mac though.

Reactions: Von

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

logicallefty

Reaction score
Well, they got what they wanted, Cosby in handcuffs. Is he really guilty? Most likely. But maybe not. Regardless, there are two things really irk me over this. One is the time between when it happened and now. This sh|t going back 10, 15, 30+ years to take men down is really scary and how many more of these are we going to see go down like Cosby's did? probably LOTS! The other thing that irks me is the fact that he paid Andrea 3.4 million bills in their civil agreement. SO, what happens with that? That agreement should be null and void now, and she should be paying him back!!

Everyone was all hyped up over the end of the world around 2012. People think the end of the world is a nuke or asteroid killing off the population, etc. Maybe that's not what it is. Maybe the end of the world is women taking over, taking men down, one man at a time. And we are seeing only the beginning of it. If I am right, Cosby represents what's coming. Scary sh|t..