Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beta Males And Why Are Women Choosing Them Now

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have to define what a beta male is. According to a lot on this forum and the manosphere, the fact I’ve got married and had kids makes me a beta male. Which I disagree with. I want a legacy and a little empire. Most leaders in history were married.

The question in marriage is do you take her frame.

As for women choosing beta males, it depends on the woman. I know plenty that could NEVER get with a strong guy as it’s a threat to their dominance. They don’t necessarily want to cheat on them (more likely).

I see tons of beautiful girls in their 20s with goofy, non masculine guys.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, but 24-25 year old attractive women are absolutely not settling for betas at that age
24-25 is actually often when they start considering betas and start categorising alphas as ‘bad boyfriends’. Their strategy changes, the test for more commitment signs and reject more alpha approaches. An 18-22 year old will chase her chad and see him as a potential future husband, but by 24 has learnt that chad will never commit and she starts to compartmentalise men. An 18-22 also goes for complete alphas (eg athetes, musicians, influencers etc) but 24 and above go for a mix of alpha and beta and more professional career types

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, but 24-25 year old attractive women are absolutely not settling for betas at that age
Except for Courtney Ryan. Every rule has a few exceptions but you are generally correct.

OP the article literally says word for word ‘trading in the alpha male of their past for a beta male’
In other words; they banged a bunch of alphas and are now looking for a beta now that they’re older. This implies women chose the alphas first and betas are getting the leftovers. Nothing new here; we all know women settle down with betas once they turn 24/25 after theyve had fun with alphas:
Please read the article properly before posting. If women were actively choosing betas over alphas, the majority of men would be getting by laid definition and there would be no incels
It's not a good deal to get the leftovers. Some betas will be happy get some amount of sex from leftover women, as that can be considered preferable to being an incel or a guy that experiences long droughts.

Outside of Courtney Ryan, reasonably attractive women in their primes are not choosing betas, unless the betas can flaunt some wealth. Betas flaunting wealth is a part of how Teddy Baldassarre (a dweeb) got Courtney Ryan. Decades ago, Bill Gates played the same guy, but used money and CEO status to get a careerist woman with an MBA from a prestigious university.

24-25 is actually often when they start considering betas and start categorising alphas as ‘bad boyfriends’. Their strategy changes, the test for more commitment signs and reject more alpha approaches. An 18-22 year old will chase her chad and see him as a potential future husband, but by 24 has learnt that chad will never commit and she starts to compartmentalise men. An 18-22 also goes for complete alphas (eg athetes, musicians, influencers etc) but 24 and above go for a mix of alpha and beta and more professional career types
Not 24-25. Probably around age 28-30+
We don't know exactly when women will have some openness to some beta males. Rollo Tomassi thinks this occurs around 28/29 with the Epiphany Phase. Maybe it can happen as young as 24-25, as @SmoothSmooth thinks and the Courtney Ryan example indicates. I have an example from my local area social circle where a woman settled for a guy with 2+ points lower looks SMV in her late 20s likely because he would be decent husband/father material and she likely couldn't secure a commitment from someone with equal looks.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not 24-25. Probably around age 28-30+
Not even then. I’m telling you it’s different out there now, the age ranges we have used in the past are different. I know tons of women 35+ who absolutely still chase Chad and friendzone all the others. They aren’t successful most of the time but they’re still chasing. It’s getting to where women don’t start looking at betas to date until they hit 40.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have to define what a beta male is. According to a lot on this forum and the manosphere, the fact I’ve got married and had kids makes me a beta male. Which I disagree with. I want a legacy and a little empire. Most leaders in history were married.

The question in marriage is do you take her frame.

As for women choosing beta males, it depends on the woman. I know plenty that could NEVER get with a strong guy as it’s a threat to their dominance. They don’t necessarily want to cheat on them (more likely).

I see tons of beautiful girls in their 20s with goofy, non masculine guys.
Those goofy men, are they tall? Because I see many women with men I’m like “wtf?!” but he’s tall and that’s all that matters apparently. I can’t think of any other reason she’s with him from what I’m seeing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We don't know exactly when women will have some openness to some beta males. Rollo Tomassi thinks this occurs around 28/29 with the Epiphany Phase. Maybe it can happen as young as 24-25, as @SmoothSmooth thinks and the Courtney Ryan example indicates. I have an example from my local area social circle where a woman settled for a guy with 2+ points lower looks SMV in her late 20s likely because he would be decent husband/father material and she likely couldn't secure a commitment from someone with equal looks.
I’m telling you it’s different out there now, the age ranges we have used in the past are different. I know tons of women 35+ who absolutely still chase Chad and friendzone all the others. They aren’t successful most of the time but they’re still chasing. It’s getting to where women don’t start looking at betas to date until they hit 40.
I can identify with what @Robert28 is experiencing. It is a bit imprecise when women show openness to betas.

Some of this depends upon a woman's options. If a woman isn't using swipe apps and isn't very active on social media platforms, she will have less abundance and be more open to a beta male.

There are women in their 30s in larger cities who use swipe apps and have immense abundance. Are these women inclined to settle for a beta? Not as much. I've seen examples in my personal life of childless women in their mid-30s who have 500+ options in their swipe queues. Is a 35 year old childless woman going to want a beta when she has 500+ options?

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beta vs Alpha: This is simple guys.

Beta: For these convos is just a guy whose strategy to get women is to pay with being a provider ie having a good job, respect in the community, being a gentleman etc etc this is the blue-pilled mindset and the mindset that exists in the boomer, trad, and corporate circles, wealthy circles, pretty much all 'serious' 'respectable' men unfortunately. This is a dying social concept where men sacrifice their own morals and freedom and accept the job/family/social commitments and basically just fit themselves into society as workers.

Alpha: It doesnt need to be a player or anything like that. The difference is this guy is less commited to work, money and providing those things.

The reason for this is that an Alpha has personality, leadership and attractiveness. He can provide a level of emotional leadership a beta cannot. To be able to function on that level the Alpha cannot be working a full time career job or business, because that will require emotional work from him that he cannot put into being a leader. So it is one or the other.

So an Alpha has to minimise his effort put into work, because to some extent his personality, emotional leaderships, social skills are a form of work. For a beta, he commits to working and being a provider full-time, so doesnt have any remaninng energy or personlity to become a leader or Alpha Male.

Alpha: Gets women due to talent of getting women.
Beta: Gets women by paying.

Over time as women make their own money Beta is less and less useful.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those goofy men, are they tall? Because I see many women with men I’m like “wtf?!” but he’s tall and that’s all that matters apparently. I can’t think of any other reason she’s with him from what I’m seeing.
Am tall but yes women do have a massive thing for it but I have friend who’s 5 8 and does amazing

Good facial genetics are worth more than anything

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Didnt read the article. Is it about women riding the c0ck carousel for years, having an epiphany phase, and marrying a beta? That would be old news, wouldnt it?

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 is right.

Women don’t start looking for betas until they can‘t get pregnant / lose their looks / become menopausal, which is late 30s early 40s. There is 0% chance a 33 year decent looking women with 0 kids 0 divorces will date / sleep with / settle for a beta.

He is also right about height. All things considered, girls will be with a guy JUST because he is tall. I’ve experienced it. You would have to have tons and tons and tons of money to take up for lack of height. We are talking hundreds of millions.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not going to read the article, but a couple considerations:

Women on hormonal BC prefer beta males because it tricks their body into thinking its pregnant. When women are pregnant, they want security/provider beta types who would make good fathers, not a Chad.

Women in general are so narcisstic that the only men they can tolerate is weak beta males they can control. Many women in my experience cannot handle the "fvckboy" types who they cannot control or hold power over.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
All things considered, girls will be with a guy JUST because he is tall. I’ve experienced it.
I've experienced this as well, being 5'6" I see obese tall guys with beautiful woman. Short guys have 2 options, take the black pill or develop finance, muscles and game to make up for the lack of height.

When I see tall broke guys I don't respect them, I think "damn bro, you were given height for free and you can't develop other two traits on your own?"

I have an older brother who's 38, 5'11, broke and fat, and I think "wow the universe gave you the gift of being tall but you're so puzzy that you couldn't developed yourself to your full potential other than being taller than me for free?" A bit of jealousy I guess, but its true

Last edited:

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a beta male. I will wife a girl up, not cheat and be loyal if she's the woman I vet and perceive worthy. My goal is to have a big family, I guess I'm beta for being loyal to my women and fam. I'm 5'6 too.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman is still in her sexual prime at 24-25, her appeal is incredibly wide.
If she is smart and wants to have children at a healthy period in her life than she should be more concerned with finding a suitable partner in the long term. That said women that are above average will continue to rely on their looks for much longer because they simply can. They can and should be more choosy.

I know very very few women in that age demo (my demo) who are even in committed relationships or taking things very seriously. They want to have 'fun' for the most part. Mid 20s is young and most narratives pushed through the mainstream advocate for women to NOT settle down and reinforce the idea that they have 'unlimited time'. Of course biology shuts down this cognitive dissonance, but the point still stands.

In a more rural area or less 'westernized' country you do so see younger ages when looking at relationships and marriage, but in a country like the United States (and especially if you are in a city/blue state) you see women holding off on 'serious' relationships/marriage much longer. Most people are apart of the herd and do not think for themselves. American women have been told to "never settle" and many take it to heart.

I do not blame women for wanting to capitalize on the hand they've been dealt, I just hope they understand the consequences that may arise down the line if they do not use their time wisely. Oftentimes they realize it too late and seeing a woman just on the verge of losing her ability to have kids in a frenzied state to have said kids is sad. You reap what you sow. I am glad I am a man and I have more dominion over my future and am not limited by biological factors in the same way women are. Men have the burden of performance and women the burden of choice.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your point on 'bad boys' does tend to ring true,
Young women will experience some bad relationships and will learn to avoid guys that give off those vibes since most woman genuinely want healthy relationships and not to be played. You can 100% be an 'alpha' and not be a womanizing player who pulled those shenanigans though. That and how many players do you know in real life that end up in ltr's or marriage? Most of them. People change and have different life goals and directions to follow, we are not static. Oh! and most girls want a genuine 'bad boy' that is only sweet to them.

Guys here forget that women actually want to like the man they get in a relationship with and not just some total hot asshat.
The bad boy exudes confidence and masculine energy,
but if he isn't a likeable person who knows how to treat a woman you can guarantee he will lose that girl (if she has any semblance of self worth). Most 'alpha players' couldn't keep a girl long term if they tried with their current mental framework and cognitive biases. You can 100% be a confident, strong willed, dominant and sexual man ('Alpha') while pursuing long term relationships. You can also be those things and be a player spinning to win, they are not mutually exclusive in regards to what constitutes an 'alpha' as other have mentioned.

Will women with time reassess who it is they want a committed relationship with? Certainly, does that mean intrinsically that the guy they get hitched with is beta? No. Is it more likely that the man she ends up with is less of an a**h***? Well one would hope if that girl actually learned from her past then yes. Could that mean she is more likely to settle? Yes........Men do the same ****.

When we are in our primes and sowing our wild oats we go for young attractive women and don't care about anything else aside from the physicality aspect. Then with age and a change of direction men tend to prioritize finding a suitable wife/ltr once they've 'sowed their wild oats' and want stability and comfort. The discord arises when we have two opposite sexes who have been acting in stark contrast to one another now at a point of wanting commitment.

Men want young and pious traditional women for marriage, but they cannot find those girls today, they are unicorns in a herd of sheep. That is why you see most men 'settling' for women and inversely many women settling for 'lesser' men. The few higher value guys or 'Alpha' men will look to younger girls if they are within their reach and the higher value more attractive women will do what best suits them and their imperative.

Both sexes will pursue their sexual strategy which assumedly works best for them. Or so they think...

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These posts are the classic "sosuave nonsense".

Just because it's partially true, does not mean it's guaranteed.

We ALL are aware a woman may run into an "alpha" who does not value her then she'll run into a "beta" and "settle". Personally, I can't let these women get my nuts tied up in a bunch, why would you? I saw a chump super saiyan beta 5'2 Indian (w/ a bad ass mustang) cop a decent 5'7 Indian chick. Plus, I saw other women approach him. Do I care? NO. I'm happy for my guy.

Let's focus on what's important. Jealousy, bitterness, and constantly thinking about other men THEN posting on here to get a few "yup, those betas winning bro!" is honestly stupid. Who cares who women choose? Just vet the b****, pick the b**** and live ya life.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman is still in her sexual prime at 24-25, her appeal is incredibly wide.
If she is smart and wants to have children at a healthy period in her life than she should be more concerned with finding a suitable partner in the long term. That said women that are above average will continue to rely on their looks for much longer because they simply can. They can and should be more choosy.

I know very very few women in that age demo (my demo) who are even in committed relationships or taking things very seriously. They want to have 'fun' for the most part. Mid 20s is young and most narratives pushed through the mainstream advocate for women to NOT settle down and reinforce the idea that they have 'unlimited time'. Of course biology shuts down this cognitive dissonance, but the point still stands.

In a more rural area or less 'westernized' country you do so see younger ages when looking at relationships and marriage, but in a country like the United States (and especially if you are in a city/blue state) you see women holding off on 'serious' relationships/marriage much longer. Most people are apart of the herd and do not think for themselves. American women have been told to "never settle" and many take it to heart.

I do not blame women for wanting to capitalize on the hand they've been dealt, I just hope they understand the consequences that may arise down the line if they do not use their time wisely. Oftentimes they realize it too late and seeing a woman just on the verge of losing her ability to have kids in a frenzied state to have said kids is sad. You reap what you sow. I am glad I am a man and I have more dominion over my future and am not limited by biological factors in the same way women are. Men have the burden of performance and women the burden of choice.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your point on 'bad boys' does tend to ring true,
Young women will experience some bad relationships and will learn to avoid guys that give off those vibes since most woman genuinely want healthy relationships and not to be played. You can 100% be an 'alpha' and not be a womanizing player who pulled those shenanigans though. That and how many players do you know in real life that end up in ltr's or marriage? Most of them. People change and have different life goals and directions to follow, we are not static. Oh! and most girls want a genuine 'bad boy' that is only sweet to them.

Guys here forget that women actually want to like the man they get in a relationship with and not just some total hot asshat.
The bad boy exudes confidence and masculine energy,
but if he isn't a likeable person who knows how to treat a woman you can guarantee he will lose that girl (if she has any semblance of self worth). Most 'alpha players' couldn't keep a girl long term if they tried with their current mental framework and cognitive biases. You can 100% be a confident, strong willed, dominant and sexual man ('Alpha') while pursuing long term relationships. You can also be those things and be a player spinning to win, they are not mutually exclusive in regards to what constitutes an 'alpha' as other have mentioned.

Will women with time reassess who it is they want a committed relationship with? Certainly, does that mean intrinsically that the guy they get hitched with is beta? No. Is it more likely that the man she ends up with is less of an a**h***? Well one would hope if that girl actually learned from her past then yes. Could that mean she is more likely to settle? Yes........Men do the same ****.

When we are in our primes and sowing our wild oats we go for young attractive women and don't care about anything else aside from the physicality aspect. Then with age and a change of direction men tend to prioritize finding a suitable wife/ltr once they've 'sowed their wild oats' and want stability and comfort. The discord arises when we have two opposite sexes who have been acting in stark contrast to one another now at a point of wanting commitment.

Men want young and pious traditional women for marriage, but they cannot find those girls today, they are unicorns in a herd of sheep. That is why you see most men 'settling' for women and inversely many women settling for 'lesser' men. The few higher value guys or 'Alpha' men will look to younger girls if they are within their reach and the higher value more attractive women will do what best suits them and their imperative.

Both sexes will pursue their sexual strategy which assumedly works best for them. Or so they think...
As a bad boy that currently has a rotation of 4 objectively hot young 20 year olds…And could easily get more if wanted, I can tell you that you are wrong…
Women definitely go for the bad boy. It’s an archetype in the female subconscious, just like the ‘pure girl’ is in the male subsconsious. It’s not logical. It is what it is. The bad boy has high sexual market value because he genuinely doesn’t care about the girl that every other man wants to commit to

and personality means nothing to women. Social boldness / confidence yes, but ur ‘personality’ doesn’t get a girl wet

Age 24-25 is when smart girls start thinking long term and going for more beta types. A lot of these relationships don’t work because the girl isn’t sexually attracted to these men. They break up, cheat etc and repeat cycle until late 20s/30s when they accept it and settle down for real

M

member160292

I've experienced this as well, being 5'6" I see obese tall guys with beautiful woman. Short guys have 2 options, take the black pill or develop finance, muscles and game to make up for the lack of height.

When I see tall broke guys I don't respect them, I think "damn bro, you were given height for free and you can't develop other two traits on your own?"

I have an older brother who's 38, 5'11, broke and fat, and I think "wow the universe gave you the gift of being tall but you're so puzzy that you couldn't developed yourself to your full potential other than being taller than me for free?" A bit of jealousy I guess, but its true
I’m under 5’6 and have no problems. Work harder to compensate

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short guys have 2 options, take the black pill or develop finance, muscles and game to make up for the lack of height.
Or they can date shorty latinas.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is, the way the manosphere defines beta, it's automatically an insult, which it shouldn't necessarily be. I've always thought these labels are fine for teaching lessons, but when it comes to real life, they can stick them up their arse.

Anyway, by 25, almost a quarter of women are married. There are a lot of attractive young couples out there. Are you trying to tell me all those women are married to alphas? It doesn't seem likely, or possible.