Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best ways to increase energy as we get older?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
could be the trick.
About 90% of day-to-day anxiety was eliminated overnight a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know I had that much until suddenly it was gone. Fascinating stuff.
I agree that I'm feeling circumstantial fear at making the wrong decision in dealing with a situation, but that will pass as soon as the decision is made.

Been doing longdistance outdoor walking and the stairclimber at the gym for fresh endorphins. I'll restart my lifting program in two weeks or else I'd have that clarity tool rn.

Willing to add a tool to jumpstart decisionmaking-clarity by using a 48 hour fast.
' Rip off the bandaid and just do it.'
'Jump into the deep end'

How do I know unless I try?
I have a female friend who has a "irrational" fear at highway speeds. It causes her to be paranoid and overly cautious, but the fear and lack of control of the situation is more apt to cause an accident.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
I have a female friend who has a "irrational" fear at highway speeds. It causes her to be paranoid and overly cautious, but the fear and lack of control of the situation is more apt to cause an accident.
I had that fear briefly over about 2 or 3 months in 2007.
It culminated at its worst in a spell one morning of vertigo that I went to emergency for. Drunken sailor walking to the left and room spinning when I lay down.
I think it was an ear infection I either took meds or ear drops for.
Gone!
Made me grateful to my Higher Power for giving me the few months of a heads up warning by giving me anxiety during highway driving that this vertigo was going to occur. I don't know if I'd be alive if this happened to me while driving.
Maybe that lady could have investigated an ear infection as the cause for her specific driving-at-high-speeds fear?

You're prompting me to think there is a biochemical reason for my brain fog and hesitancy to commit to a decision. I have added fasting to my existing regimen.

I hope the Op of this thread can consider the same. mrgoodstuff knows what he's talking about with the body, follow his advice

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had that fear briefly over about 2 or 3 months in 2007.
It culminated at its worst in a spell one morning of vertigo that I went to emergency for. Drunken sailor walking to the left and room spinning when I lay down.
I think it was an ear infection I either took meds or ear drops for.
Gone!
Made me grateful to my Higher Power for giving me the few months of a heads up warning by giving me anxiety during highway driving that this vertigo was going to occur. I don't know if I'd be alive if this happened to me while driving.
Maybe that lady could have investigated an ear infection as the cause for her specific driving-at-high-speeds fear?

You're prompting me to think there is a biochemical reason for my brain fog and hesitancy to commit to a decision. I have added fasting to my existing regimen.

I hope the Op of this thread can consider the same. mrgoodstuff knows what he's talking about with the body, follow his advice
I learned most of it from extreme situations and my bad relationships. The bad relationships sucked and they set me back by many years, but i learned some things we simply either cannot DO, or simply cannot ALLOW. That there is a cost to it, and that cost could be your mental health, your clarity, your confidence, certain mental skills can be degraded and minimized in certain types of interactions.

In general when we join with someone friend or lover, they should bring something of value to us, whether it is additional joy, shared experiences, trust and understanding. If it's always conflict or setback, that's just not a fruitful situation.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
I learned most of it from extreme situations and my bad relationships. The bad relationships sucked and they set me back by many years, but i learned some things we simply either cannot DO, or simply cannot ALLOW. That there is a cost to it, and that cost could be your mental health, your clarity, your confidence, certain mental skills can be degraded and minimized in certain types of interactions.

In general when we join with someone friend or lover, they should bring something of value to us, whether it is additional joy, shared experiences, trust and understanding. If it's always conflict or setback, that's just not a fruitful situation.
Thankfully, I'm completely on my own and taking full responsibility for how I feeeeelll day to day.

Maybe its possible the Op has people in his life poison-dripping him that he doesn't realise are robbing him of energy?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thankfully, I'm completely on my own and taking full responsibility for how I feeeeelll day to day.

Maybe its possible the Op has people in his life poison-dripping him that he doesn't realise are robbing him of energy?
Poison dripping i like that.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The "poison drippers" are likely antagonistic from his life before and now they "act friendly" on the surface while still harboring hate, dislike and contempt.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like most things in life. The concepts are very simple, but the execution is difficult.

1) Get plenty of sleep. This means a routine one way or another. This is easier if you do the things below as well.
2) Eat healthier. This affects your sleep, mood, everything. You have to discover the foods and techniques that work for you, and eliminate things that cause bloat or inflammatory reactions. You also have to find a way to fit plenty of fruits, vegetables and healthy fats into the diet and of course these are the hardest foods to deal with as they are more expensive and have to eat them quickly due to shelf life. It is what it is. Food in its natural form.
3) Exercise, in two forms. You need to push the body with some type of weight training or work. You also need some type of endurance, whether that's biking/walking/running once in a while. Doing these regularly helps sleep.

Anybody can do these things immediately, with sacrifice.

Some other things that can be done: fasting (you have to find what works for you), multi-vitamins, and mental well-being.

Last edited:

christie

Banned
Reaction score
The "poison drippers" are likely antagonistic from his life before and now they "act friendly" on the surface while still harboring hate, dislike and contempt.
Yes, most likely. We've all had this happen. Important to become aware of this happening.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some good ways to increase our energy as we get older? I have tried coffee and caffeine so far and didnt like the results. Im looking for more options.
This will be redundant as other guys have stated already but yes, fitness and nutrition are your best tools to increase energy levels as you get older.

Fitness, whether that's a workout at Gym, outdoor activities, etc will always naturally increase levels of testosterone. Staying active also rewires your brain and helps maintain focus and attention which is a big tool in modern distracting times. Meaning, you will spend less time worrying about those modern-day distractions that will consume your mental capacity and rob you away from focusing on yourself and what truly matters.

And probably the most important tool is nutrition. You are what you eat and you've heard that a million times, yet we choose to eat junk food that is literally trash. Focus on a healthy diet, perhaps one that you can control (meal prep). And if you have the budget for it, invest in consulting with a nutritionist. We love meat, but unfortunately, meat is not a protein we can easily digest so it is quite heavy for our bodies. You don't have to become a vegetarian or vegan, but cutting down your meat consumption can give your body a rest and allow it to spend that energy elsewhere and not digesting that steak for several days. Again, always seek professional help when it comes to nutrition so don't take our advice as fact.

The last thing we recommend is to practice NoFap. We do. And we feel the difference in energy and focus. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of videos circumventing Youtube on this practice. Some of them are quite good and some are rubbish. But the bottom line is (without getting to the science of it, you can do your own research) practicing NoFap for periods of time will help you increase levels of energy. Something that once you are past 30 is quite noticeable.

Remember to take everything everyone says here at face value unless they are certified to talk about nutrition or fitness. Yes, we can speak from experience which is in our opinion more valuable than a degree, but you will have to vet everyone's advice carefully as opinions are dime a dozen, and everyone is entitled to them and has at least one.

Modern Man Advice

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Workout and exercise. Stay in shape. Lose your gut. Maintain higher T levels. Take care of your liver which detoxes the body. Maintain good thyroid levels which controls your metabolism and energy levels. Eat high quality organic foods as often as possible.

Effectively you have to put more time, energy and effort taking optimum care of your body to get the same results as when you were younger. Think lf it like a car...as it gets older you need to ensure you are properly maintaining it if you want it to perform at it's best. Your body is no different.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Maximus Optimus

This is going to be counter to the advice that you are getting but this has been my understanding and experience so far so here it goes.

As I’m getting older I’m focusing my body more on longevity, flexibility, stretching, and mobility rather than lifting heavy like I used to because over time your body doesn’t recover as fast as it used to when you are young...on top that you get injured really easily as well. So the older you start to get the more careful you have to start being with your body because the wear and tear of your muscles and joints will start to take a toll on you overtime as well as the process of aging. Because of that reasoning I have stopped lifting weights altogether because even though it’s supposed to be “good” for you I don’t see it benefiting me long term. I know someone is going to be posting all the scientific data about lifting weights and how it benefits the body and I understand that but I’m doing what feels good to my body and sharing my experience so far.

Instead I walk more, stretch, and work on flexibility. I still have functional strength which is still pretty solid and that’s all I need for now. I don’t know how my body is going to age or what health problems I might encounter throughout the years or 30 years from now but I’m definitely looking to age gracefully and stay healthy as long as possible and maybe even become a centenarian with this approach.

I also don’t eat like I used to and fast majority of the day and eat till about 70% full which is easier on the body and doesn’t cause the crash, lethargy or mental fog that you get when you stuff yourself too much like I used to. Fasting has many reported benefits and one of them is mental clarity and high energy levels. I usually eat 1 meal a day sometimes 2 if I’m really hungry and don’t eat after 8PM. I don’t want to write a whole article on it but you can research fasting for yourself to get a better idea of how it works. It takes time for the body to adjust to this type of eating but I guarantee you that once your body adapts your energy levels will be through the roof.

Since I’ve started eating like this I’m absolutely shredded to the bone, very lean, and have managed to maintain the same waistline that I’ve had since high school and of course I’m a lightning rod of energy. I’ve also become more conscious of what I put in my body especially sugar and caffeine. I used to drink an energy drink or chugg down coffee throughout my twenties thinking it would give me more energy but it was having the opposite effect. It wasn’t until I hit my thirties that I decided to cut it out and lo and behold my energy levels have become consistently stable and I don’t have any crashes anymore. I know coffee is supposed to be “good” for you according to the “research” that is put out there for the masses but I didn’t experience any of the benefits except temporary highs and bad crashes.

I also don’t drink or smoke... never have, never will. (Hard to believe for most people but it’s true). Don’t eat junk food or drink any soda of any kind and try to eat as clean as possible which fills me up with good fuel.

Another thing that I would recommend is that as soon as you wake up drink a big glass of water. Every morning that I do that I can literally feel my brain waking up and my body feeling energized. I don’t drink more than a liter of water a day and most of the time when people complain of low energy they are usually dehydrated...so make sure you get enough water for the day.

As mentioned by some of the other posters sleep is very important so make sure you practice good sleep hygiene. That means no using screens 1 hour before you go to sleep. The rest you can research on sleep hygiene practices to help you with that.

Besides everything that I wrote I’ve also incorporated cold showers that have been a game changer with everything else that I do and it supercharges my mind and body. I take cold showers at least 7 days a week and when I’m done I feel energized and ready to take on the day. There has been a lot of extensive research on cold showers and how it’s good for inflammation, your hair and skin, producing more sperm so you can shoot bigger loads on woman’s faces and many more things. Again I don’t want to write a whole article on this because you can find all the information on YouTube or Google. A lot of people take the comfortable route of taking warm or hot showers but when you first take a cold shower it’s like a jolt of lightning going through your body and you will immediately feel a difference so I seriously recommend you trying it out and seeing the results for yourself.

All this combined keeps me mentally sharp, focused, energized and I wake up with strong morning erections. I know this got long but I thought I’d share my 2 cents. The body has its own intelligence and wisdom and our jobs is to tap into it and utilize its full potential by doing what is necessary. I believe that me doing everything and more that I mentioned has me functioning optimally and hopefully this helps you as well. If you decide to try some of the things I mentioned I believe you will definitely see results and your energy levels sky rocket.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Maximus Optimus

This is going to be counter to the advice that you are getting but this has been my understanding and experience so far so here it goes.

As I’m getting older I’m focusing my body more on longevity, flexibility, stretching, and mobility rather than lifting heavy like I used to because over time your body doesn’t recover as fast as it used to when you are young...on top that you get injured really easily as well. So the older you start to get the more careful you have to start being with your body because the wear and tear of your muscles and joints will start to take a toll on you overtime as well as the process of aging. Because of that reasoning I have stopped lifting weights altogether because even though it’s supposed to be “good” for you I don’t see it benefiting me long term. I know someone is going to be posting all the scientific data about lifting weights and how it benefits the body and I understand that but I’m doing what feels good to my body and sharing my experience so far.

Instead I walk more, stretch, and work on flexibility. I still have functional strength which is still pretty solid and that’s all I need for now. I don’t know how my body is going to age or what health problems I might encounter throughout the years or 30 years from now but I’m definitely looking to age gracefully and stay healthy as long as possible and maybe even become a centenarian with this approach.

I also don’t eat like I used to and fast majority of the day and eat till about 70% full which is easier on the body and doesn’t cause the crash, lethargy or mental fog that you get when you stuff yourself too much like I used to. Fasting has many reported benefits and one of them is mental clarity and high energy levels. I usually eat 1 meal a day sometimes 2 if I’m really hungry and don’t eat after 8PM. I don’t want to write a whole article on it but you can research fasting for yourself to get a better idea of how it works. It takes time for the body to adjust to this type of eating but I guarantee you that once your body adapts your energy levels will be through the roof.

Since I’ve started eating like this I’m absolutely shredded to the bone, very lean, and have managed to maintain the same waistline that I’ve had since high school and of course I’m a lightning rod of energy. I’ve also become more conscious of what I put in my body especially sugar and caffeine. I used to drink an energy drink or chugg down coffee throughout my twenties thinking it would give me more energy but it was having the opposite effect. It wasn’t until I hit my thirties that I decided to cut it out and lo and behold my energy levels have become consistently stable and I don’t have any crashes anymore. I know coffee is supposed to be “good” for you according to the “research” that is put out there for the masses but I didn’t experience any of the benefits except temporary highs and bad crashes.

I also don’t drink or smoke... never have, never will. (Hard to believe for most people but it’s true). Don’t eat junk food or drink any soda of any kind and try to eat as clean as possible which fills me up with good fuel.

Another thing that I would recommend is that as soon as you wake up drink a big glass of water. Every morning that I do that I can literally feel my brain waking up and my body feeling energized. I don’t drink more than a liter of water a day and most of the time when people complain of low energy they are usually dehydrated...so make sure you get enough water for the day.

As mentioned by some of the other posters sleep is very important so make sure you practice good sleep hygiene. That means no using screens 1 hour before you go to sleep. The rest you can research on sleep hygiene practices to help you with that.

Besides everything that I wrote I’ve also incorporated cold showers that have been a game changer with everything else that I do and it supercharges my mind and body. I take cold showers at least 7 days a week and when I’m done I feel energized and ready to take on the day. There has been a lot of extensive research on cold showers and how it’s good for inflammation, your hair and skin, producing more sperm so you can shoot bigger loads on woman’s faces and many more things. Again I don’t want to write a whole article on this because you can find all the information on YouTube or Google. A lot of people take the comfortable route of taking warm or hot showers but when you first take a cold shower it’s like a jolt of lightning going through your body and you will immediately feel a difference so I seriously recommend you trying it out and seeing the results for yourself.

All this combined keeps me mentally sharp, focused, energized and I wake up with strong morning erections. I know this got long but I thought I’d share my 2 cents. The body has its own intelligence and wisdom and our jobs is to tap into it and utilize its full potential by doing what is necessary. I believe that me doing everything and more that I mentioned has me functioning optimally and hopefully this helps you as well. If you decide to try some of the things I mentioned I believe you will definitely see results and your energy levels sky rocket.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!
How long is your cold shower? That strong morning erection is a good sign of overall health?