best way to handle new girls @ work.. show some interest? or indifference?

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hot new chick at work. today was my 2nd day working w/ her. all the guys have been showering her w/ attention: initiating conversation, making lame comments, obviously checking her out, etc. me on the other hand, i was acting more like i didn't care: pretty much doing the opp. of all the other guys at work: hardly chatted w/ her, didn't pay much attention, never checked her out blatantly. i figure this would be the best move in the long run... work it slowly w/ patience.

i want to know how your experiences were like w/ hot new chicks at work. did you have success by hitting on her from the start? or failure? i feel that acting indifferent would be best, but i realize that going this route could also kill chances as well. timing is important i guess... what are your thoughts?

bingo_

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, what he said. seeing a girl everyday, like at work... that will be tough. plus you got all the other guys attacking her like sharks everyday. that's not easy.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
The best thing to do would be what everyone else ISN'T doing. Or in other words, don't just blatently hit on her and everything else like your co-workers. You thought of indifference, and I think that can work, but only to a certain level. I mean, if you ever wanna get anywhere with her, you'll HAVE to talk to her, right?

So, when you're talking to her, don't just comment on her hottness or obviously check her out all day long, like the rest of your workplace. Don't let her phase you. Basically, like you would treat any girl if you're a DJ. Just bust on her for being new and making mistakes, and then help her without supplicating to her. That's a good start.

But yea, as always, work and dating usually don't mix well at all. Be cautious.