"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Best solution for ending AFC behavior

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
Fellas in your opinion, what is the best solution to end your AFC behavior/one-itis. In my opinion, I believe the best solution is having strong faith in God and praying. I believe that no matter if I have a woman or not, God will always be there for me and will always be my best friend. I believe that God knows whats best for me and will send me the woman when the time is right. Having faith in God ends desperate/needy behavior because women come and go, but God will always be there for you.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
Yeah you right bout that too.. But I believe if you have faith in God, those two things will automatically come.
 

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
Religious discussions are forbidden on this board so I won't go into depth, but I actually think the opposite is true.

I think the key is to stop depending on other people, fate, luck and God, and take responsibility for yourself. If you take comfort in believing in God, good for you, but do not depend on Him to write your fate.

God will not send you the right woman; YOU must find her. God will not make you succeed; YOU must work for success and you should always take blame for your mistakes and credit for your successes.

Inaction is possibly the worst of all AFC mistakes.
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
Agreed

Many (not all) religious people are AFC.. because they blindly follow the rules dictacted by others, and they use "God" as a crutch to excuse their own lack of action.

God will not send you the right woman... if that were true we would not have a terrible divorce rate. God won't do anything but watch as you chumps destroy your lives....

THis is a stupid thread.

DIetzcoi
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
SO this isnt so much you interested in our opinion, so much as you are giving a shout out to religion.

Simply believing in yourself is enough. At least that is tangible.
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
I think the best way to end being an AFC.


read the DJ bible..go look in the mirror..admit that ur not the man you thought you were...humbly let it go.

then start ur pursuit.

also respect yourself first
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
go look in the mirror..admit that ur not the man you thought you were...humbly let it go
Why not do the opposite? Go look in the mirror and tell yourself you're not the loser you thought you were, that you really can get any girl you want, then go out and do it!

P.S. LADawg49, right on!
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
... think the key is to stop depending on other people, fate, luck and God, and take responsibility for yourself.
Yeah. Of course we cannot be arrogant and say that we will never need help, because human being depends on each other to some degree.

But we should also be STRONG and work for our dreams, and not by waiting for someone to do it for us!


... you should always take blame for your mistakes and credit for your successes.
At the very moment you accept credits for your actions you'll have to accept the successes as well as the failures!

There're people that just assume the success but when they fail it was someone's else mistake!

Being a bit ****y is good, but too much will just prevents you from learning from your mistakes!
 

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
You are right skinnydart and thats been my mentality. I know that I can get any woman I want and that any woman will be lucky to have me. I believe if you have a good attitude, ull attract more women out there. What the purpose of my post was that a DJ can have strong belief in God and just cause someone prays/has strong faith in God does not mean he is an AFC.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top