Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best DJ movies!

deadaim89

Don Juan
Reaction score
I describe a DJ movie as any movie with one or more characters that display the honed characteristics of the perfect DJ. Basically meaning if you were to watch the movie you would actually be learning some good material

Fight Club - Brad Pitts character in this movie is completley C&F, and his care free attitude demonstrates key DJ examples. (also most movies with Brad PItt will work haha)

Thank you for smoking - This movie just started its wide release yesterday, i beg you all see it. The main character is a Tobacco spokesman, this characters ability to keep cool in tough situations, his C&F attitude is a perfect demonstration, not to mention that you can learn alot about smiling's effectivness.

Im only listing two because i want you guys to post as well!

Malachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Fight Club" is one of the main DJ movies imho!.

But check out "Cruel Intentions 2" it's an amazing film!...but get's abit p$$yish at the end.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta watch the original "cruel intentions" again. I was flirting way too much during the movie to pay attention to it:p

I'm gonna watch coach carter in a few minutes, will get back to you with a short critique

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Coach Carter eh? That one dude's got some game in there... where they're in Richmond, and he says something to chick like, "I'm not INTERESTED in ME, I'm interested in YOU." Chick was diggin it.

BUT

007 is always a classic.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hitch is a good movie, in the beginning. But from middle to end, it's just story.

I beg you all not to become star wars freaks, but Han Solo is a good character to watch.

And umm... There was a movie with Ben Stiller in it that I thought would be a good movie for "DJ"s... I can't remember the name. It's one of his older ones... Not "Theres Something About Mary".

Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what about Don Juan de Marco...
I haven't seen it, nor the 1920s movie version

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Billy Bob Thorton is an awesome actor, watch anything with him or Samuel L Jackson.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flippinfreak said:
Billy Bob Thorton is an awesome actor
You're a Billy Bob Thorton fan? I've been trying to remember the name of this movie I saw with him in it once. I think it's called Sling Blade, but I'm not sure. It's about a guy that killed (i can't remember if it was his family or father or what) in his past. And then he gets out and he's all religous and what not.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol NLP(association) again. Nah, I've only seen a handful of his movies... No idea which one your talking about, was it good? Do a search on imdb for Billi Bob Thorton or any other actor to get a feel for their taste in roles thay want to play.

I mentioned him because just his character is amazing. He is always portrayed as a total loser in terms of being a successful DJ, but there is something else about his character that is just amazing. His vulgar language most likely.

Brad Pitt was approached and chosen for the part of Tyler Durden in Fight club. The producer chooses the actor.

I wonder if there are actual movies that are written specifically for a certain actors background. Then when the movie is put into planning they are the first to know...

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a movie called sling blade on there. I'm guessing that must be it. It was a really good movie though. I recommend it. I don't know if I would go as far as saying it's a DJ movie, lol. But for entertainment purposes.

I know a lot of writers have an actor in mind when they write their movie scripts. Especially if they're writing a sequal that someone has already signed onto. As far as writing a movie specifically for the actor though, I'm not sure. Because there's always that chance that the actor wont sign on.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, "always that chance that the actor wont sign on" is what intrigued me. If they chose another actor to fill another actors shoes, what would the implications be. How would a guy act if he were put in that situation? Say an AFC actor was put fill the shoes of Samuel L Jackson... think they could pull it off?

Anybody seen the longest yard?

I just saw a preview, I think it would be awesome for a DJ to learn from.

PS to derek, all entertaining moves don't have to be recommended for a DJ, tey just have to be recommended for a DJ to learn from.... ie, watch Fight club, and think of living outside your comfort zone.

chator56

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe some of the titles I'm hearing. 'Teenwolf'? 'Coach Carter'? These are not movies about Don Juans. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, okay. But Billy Bob Thornton and Samuel Jackson? Maybe someone needs to define what a Don Juan is for you guys.

The stereotypical C&F character was best done by John Travolta in 'Saturday Night Fever.'

The Bad Boy rebel character has been done many times by many different actors. A Good early movie version is Marlon Brando in 'The Wild One.' But chances are you won't find that one in your local videostore, it's way too old.

David De Angelo suggests watching any James Bond movies to get the cool lady's man thing down.

Reaction score
talking about James Bond, I suggest watching Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan, Brosnan's style is cold, while Connery..um, its hard to describe.

Roger Moore is okay in his earlier yaers

Bigg Boss

Don Juan
Reaction score
The early parts of the movie HITCH had good DJ moments.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the movies I mentioned before? Forget them. Anything with Ryan Reynolds (better known as the lead character in National Lampoons Van Wilder). That guy has so much game it's not even funny (well, his characters always do anyway. I don't know about him personally).

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Van Wilder....funny ass movie. He's a DJ too, C&F, all that jazz.

gwen: was that girl a freshman?!
van: she reads at a sophomore level

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When We Were Kings.

>>>>> Waiting <<<<<<<<
Everyone watch Ryan Reynolds in this, DJ.

ShyRyder

Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear fight club cults are going to start to pop up all over north America people talk about it all the time. I was talking to this guy at work and he asked me if I watched fight club. He said his favorite quote was “losing all hope is freedom” I think he is trying to hit rock bottom. There was weight to what he said because he had bags under his eyes and recount for me his 24hrs drinking binge.

As far as a DJ movie I think yah he is a role model for just basically not need women whatsoever to pursue what he want to do in life.

When we were kings was great I love the documentary Ali is the greatest. Fvck Don king sell out motherfvcker.

A lot of people like Ryan Reynolds, he is a Canadian boy, Van city.

I think Swingers covered a lot of the subject matter the best.

Ryder