Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best DJ movies!

Slique

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks dig the characters of Aden and Mr. Big from the HBO TV Series "Sex and the City"

From the movies, I'd suggest bits and pieces of the James Bond character (Any Bond movie will do... particularly Sean Connery), Tony Montana (Scarface with Al Pacino), and Vince Vaughn's character (Trent Walker) in "Swingers".

Please use as entertainment purposes only. Reference could be fatal if you use these actual characters in your repertoire.

sactown1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Legends of the Fall is definately a great movie to watch, brad pitt's character is definately a real man, and an alpha male, i highly reccommend that movie to anyone.

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch Hustle and Flow. The guy who is a pimp knows how to put his girls in check.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Rich Connelly character from a science fiction show on ABC called "Surface."

He doesn't take any BS from anyone, is an excellent fighter, unafraid to use a gun, and makes much better decisions than his attractive female costar (and never gets suckered in by her looks).

It's all too common these days to show incompetent/stupid men who are constantly outthought and upstaged by women and even children in movies and on TV.

Surface is a refreshing change from that...

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ROCKY V
The Maltese Falcon
Alfie
40 Year old Virgin
Whipped
Glengarry Glen Ross
Rodger Dodger
Out of Sight
Wedding Crashers
The Wedding Date
Scent of a Woman
Casablanca
Fight Club
Swingers
Boiler Room (Drive and Motivation)
Scarface
Thank you for smoking
Van Wilder
Waiting
When We Were Kings

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sactown1 said:
Legends of the Fall is definately a great movie to watch, brad pitt's character is definately a real man, and an alpha male, i highly reccommend that movie to anyone.
Men acted that way back in the day (where the story line took place)...prior to the feminization of the American male.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In not particular order...my favorites would be (from start to finish)
1- Ocean's 11 & 12
3- Cool Hand Luke
4- Pulp Fiction
5- Fight Club
6- The Godfather I & II
8- The Sopranos (t.v. show)
9- SWINGERS (a must watch)

Somebody mentioned "Wedding Crashers"...give me a phucking break! Those dudes became wimps at the end.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say Sean Connery James Bond, Tom Cruise in Top Gun, and Al Pacino in Godfather......those are my idols anyway

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thefonz said:
I'd say Sean Connery James Bond, Tom Cruise in Top Gun, and Al Pacino in Godfather......those are my idols anyway
Top Gun showed more homosexual tendencies than any "men" movie ever made...IMO.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops,

Direct from the vault of Victory Unlimited:

My Three Favorite DJ Movies (in order.lol):

1. American Gigolo.

This came out around 1980, I think. Watch this movie just to see Richard Gere pull off the whole, suave, debonair ladies man character. He comes across like James Bond---without the gadgets, villainy, and plots to thwart world domination.lol

This guy was metrosexual when metrosexual wasn't cool. And by the way, metrosexual STILL isn't cool. It's just an insidious term that our feminized culture has come up with to knock men who take good care of themselves OFF OUR PEDESTALS.

It's just one massive shiit test thrown at us by our fallen, westernized society. Think about it.

2. The Tao of Steve

A nineties movie. This is a movie about a chubby, slacker, average-looking type guy who gets ALL the chicks. It's a comedy, but it has DJ insights in it that are AMAZING. This guy has a philosophy that all the famous pop culture people with the first name "Steve" are alpha males.

Examples: Steven Mcqueen (Bullet, homas Crown Affair), Steve Austin (Six Million Dollar Man), Steve Mcgarret (Hawaii 5-0). And so he has patterned his attitudes after them----and added some serious Asian philosophy to it as well.

This guy doesn't just demonstrate DJ philosophy through his actions he explains them to his friends as well. Watch this movie and you'll never look at the words "Be desireless. Be excellent. Be gone." the same way again.
I highly recommend it.

And I've saved the BEST for last.

3. CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

This movie came out in the early seventies. It stars Jack Nickolson and Art Garfunkel (yeah, that's not a typo...I said ART GARFUNKEL. lol). The movie is about two friends and their constant quest to find women and understand the nature of relationships. It starts with their college years and ends with them in their forties.

Art plays the nice guy/AFC. Jack plays (what else???) the jerk/DJ. The whole movies is about how they both fluctuate between the two extremes of being a nice guy, or being a jerk. And along the way, WE can see clearly how well either choice is working for each man. And the results are NOT as obvious as you may think...

In this movie, you see almost ALL the techniques of PUA/DJism at work. You'll see C & F, push/pull, alpha male projection, negative hits, teasing, eliciting values, secret society (people who enjoy casual sex), shiit tests, AMOGing, etc,---you name it.

It's ALL there folks. And there is a lengthy specch that a prostitute recites for Jack Nickolson's character in the end that is EASILY as powerful, but MORE direct than ANYTHING you've heard in FIGHT CLUB. (which I also think is a great food for male-thought movie as well).

In that speech, the prostitute spells out the differences between men and women. Then she comments on EXACTLY the type of man that it takes to tame a woman AND make her lust for him!!!

Troops, this is some "in your face" type stuff going on in this movie. Brace yourself before you watch it. If you're a burgeoning DJ or a recovering AFC, you will be shaking your head in recognition AND surprise at how accurately the portrayal of nice guy versus jerk behavior is.

You'll LEARN a lot.

I can't recommend THIS movie strongly ENOUGH.

PLEASE GO OUT AND RENT THIS MOVIE.

I would be VERY interested to hear YOUR opinions on the depth and truthfulness of this movie.

Peace...one day.

Commando

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a movie entitled Broken Flowers starring Bill Murray that addresses the Don Juan lifestyle.

...ps...you do realize that Fight Club, while an entertaining movie is about a man with a split personality?

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound corny or antiquated. Watch Cary Grant.

You think James Bond is cool? Ian Fleming, who wrote the James Bond stories, said he based his character on Cary Grant.

Cary Grant was also the first choice to play Bond, but it would've been a one shot deal and they wanted an actor that was willing to make a few films for them.

I was watching "Charade" one afternoon and it dawned on me that this was the way to be with women.

In "Charade", he's cool, classy, confidant and in charge. He doesn't chase after nor get rattled by the woman, played by Audrey Hepburn. Watch how he handles her. Watch his demeanor.

Here's the interesting thing about that film. When Cary Grant was approached about that project, the storyline had him (he was about 50 at the time) chasing after her (she was around 35). He said he wouldn't do the movie UNLESS they rewrote it so that she was chasing him instead. He wasn't going to make a movie where he looked like an AFC.

There's a line in the movie where she says to him, "Do you know what's wrong with you? Nothing."

Hepburn: "I love you, Adam".

Grant: [pause]"Yes I know. You told me."

He portrayed something stemming from an inner reserve. "An easiness around women, great charisma and personality, bravery; cool under pressure, and attracted women like magnets."

Watch him in "Notorious" with Ingrid Bergman.

Roger Ebert's observations about Grant:

"Hitchcock's shot begins on a balcony overlooking Rio. Grant begins to kiss Bergman, and as they stay in each other's arms, they move slowly inside, where Grant picks up the telephone and makes a call, still holding her and kissing her, and then he guides them toward the door while she breathlessly makes dinner plans and he smiles rather remotely at her and then leaves, saying goodbye with an ironic smile.

This is the kind of scene that perfectly captures what was unique about Grant as a movie actor. He had the kind of handsome charm and sex appeal that made him completely convincing as a romantic leading man, but mere seduction never seemed very high on his list of priorities in the movies. "

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cary Grant fan here too.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
William Wallace in Braveheart

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

collalife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
much love ima study brad pitt in fight club. i recommend all 007 movies.
the gay marriage movie with adam sandler just study adam sandler he busts everyones balls constantly. if you wanna be cool and understand the smoothness of a pimp/don juan and mouthpiece watch THE MACK with max julian. FOCUS ON MAX.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
2. The Tao of Steve

A nineties movie. This is a movie about a chubby, slacker, average-looking type guy who gets ALL the chicks. It's a comedy, but it has DJ insights in it that are AMAZING. This guy has a philosophy that all the famous pop culture people with the first name "Steve" are alpha males.

Examples: Steven Mcqueen (Bullet, homas Crown Affair), Steve Austin (Six Million Dollar Man), Steve Mcgarret (Hawaii 5-0).
Heh, the only guy I know who rivals me with the ladies is called Steve. And my real name is Dan. This name (or Danny) is only ever used for cool guys in movies, don't know why.

My brother is also called Dan.

As usual in these threads I will nominate the films of Robert Mitchum.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Airbud:up: