Best Allergy Medicine?

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What allergy medicine do you guys recommend?
It's allergy season and I think I'd like to switch over to a different medicine.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have a pharmacy at my job and ALOT of customer love the "Airborne" stuff,there is something alot the lines of 'made by a teacher' on the front.

Hope that helps!

Doctor Who

Don Juan
Reaction score
Allegra is my personal favorite. I would recommend seeing an actual doctor to ensure that it is seasonal allergies, and not a sinus infection or some other ailment. Obviously you need to go to the doctor to get the perscription for a majority of allergy medications anyway. So that shouldn't be a problem. Either way, allergy meds work best when taken daily for prevention, rather than an "as needed" basis. Avoid the meds with "D" at the end. They include sudafed. Most of the time you don't need the allergy med and the sudafed. If you do wind up needing the combo, you can always take the sudafed on top of the basic allergy med. You don't need the daily regimen of sudafed most of the time.

Last edited:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if your symptoms are mild, i find nothing beats two benadryl taken at night -- i sleep like a baby, and it generally prevents the only mild symptoms i ever get (of course, i was completely unaware that i even had such symptoms until very recently -- i used to think i was just unlucky enough to always get a cold around now).

for more persistent stuff, i like claritin-D, esp. if you can find a big box o' generic. if you get the D variety, make sure you get the real stuff, i find the non-cookable replacement for pseudoephedrine completely useless.

obviously this is written from the perspective of someone who doesn't exactly "struggle" with the symptoms. your mileage may vary.