Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best Alcohol

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don´t laugh :D

Sometimes at social events, partys, clubs I do not only want to drink pure water.

So can u give me serious advise, what would be the "best alcohol" that wastes my workout/healh least?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is empty calories no matter how you look at it. If I had to choose what would do the best job of getting you 'feeling good' by drinking the least, I'd recommend Everclear. Not straight.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao. All alcohol is bad. Even that "healthy" glass of wine won't do you any good, bro. Steer clear.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want include drinking to your bulking...

Know that alcohol slowers your muscles ability to recover.
So better plan drinking somewhere between few rest days.
Otherwise, your exercising is going crap. If you drink a day or few days after gym, your recovering isn't gonna be good, you'll lose some muscle mass or if not lose, at least not getting any.

So remember while drinking that alcohol causes dehydration!
Drink a LOT of water before drinking while drinking and after drinking. Eat pasta and bread, they absorb some alcohol and prevent hangover. Generally, eat much and drink water even more. The next day drink water a lot and eat a lot. That helps you recover from temporal dehydration and prevent recovering slipping away from your hands. Recovering is REALLY important when bodybuilding!

Drink some soft drinks that don't contain much alcohol and try to keep on those clean alcohols. Simple alcohols have less toxins. Keep away from vines, whiskys, cognacs, tequila etc. that has complex structure and lot of toxins.

So drink drinks with little amount of alcohol in them, and those that are based to some simple alcohol, like vodka or other "clear" spirits.

A good trick is also drink water between your drinks to keep yourself hydrated.

Also, set yourself a limit. You don't want to puke your brains out and spend the next couple of days to recover your body from that torture!

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so your question wasn't SHOULD I DRINK OR NOT but WHAT IS THE "HEATHIEST ALCOHOL IF I HAD TO DRINK?"

Or rather ... which alcohol is the least bad?

Here ya go, just in my own opinion anecdotally:

1. First rule: only drink top shelf (read: usually expensive) alcohol if you are drinking hard liquor.

A lot of what many people think is a hangover is really the toxins from lousy grade booze. For example, you will feel much better if you drink a 15 year old single malt scotch than if you drink some lousy scotch. You'll feel much better if you drink Grey Goose vodka versus some eastern block garbage.

2. Generally, stick with the "purer" alcohols ... ie. vodka is the least offensive. Tequila and gin, for example, are both fairly "dirty" alcohols, meaning that they are composed of a variety of additional plant extracts, etc.

3. Don't mix your drinks ... many times it's the mixers that have been sitting behind the bar collecting dust for months or have sugar galore in them.

Ie. Drink a scotch either "neat" (ie without ice) or with ice or with water.
Or, drink a vodka with tonic (not with some mixer).

4. If you are drinking beer, the low calorie and low carb beers probably aren't that bad health-wise.

5. Red wine has been shown to have health benefits. A glass of that ain't so bad.

6. Most importantly ... whatever you are drinking, be sure to sneak some glasses of water between drinks to dilute the alcohol and to ensure that you piss out a lot of it, and stay hydrated. Try to drink a glass of water for every glass of booze.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To answer your question: It doesnt matter what type of alcoholic drink you drink. Vodka for example has like 40% alcohol. Beer only around 5%. So drinking 0,5 liters of vodka will give you as much "damage" as drinking 4,0 liters of beer. It doesnt depend on the name of the drink, just on the amount of alcohol thats in it.
Just getting tipsy by drinking like a 6pack (tipsy is not drunk btw ;-)) on friday and saturday has hardly affected my results...alcohol does harm your results, but if you only train to get a muscular body and dont see yourself as a bodybuilder who wants to get as big muscles as they can youll do fine if you just cut back on the alcohol. (no disrespect to bodybuilders though)

Oh and btw people who say beer gets ppl fat and hard liquor like vodka dont know what they are talkin about. Compare the calories of 0,5 liters of vodka and 4 liters of beer. Its almost exclusively the pure alcohol in the drink that gives u all those calories.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Alcohol is empty calories no matter how you look at it. If I had to choose what would do the best job of getting you 'feeling good' by drinking the least, I'd recommend Everclear. Not straight.

I 2nd that. Drink it straight and you'll probably die--it's powerful stuff!:cool:

http://www.beerliquors.com/liquors/grain.htm

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madgame

Oh and btw people who say beer gets ppl fat and hard liquor like vodka dont know what they are talkin about. Compare the calories of 0,5 liters of vodka and 4 liters of beer. Its almost exclusively the pure alcohol in the drink that gives u all those calories.
4 liters of beer: 1640 kcal

0,5 liter of vodka: 1155 kcal

vodka still 2/3 less calories

Food Name: BEER, REGULAR
% Calories from Carbohydrates: 37.18

However if you drink light beer then it's 1120 calories.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madgame
To answer your question: It doesnt matter what type of alcoholic drink you drink.
it does matter actually.

Generally, the body will react more negatively to darker hard liqiuds (such as whiskey) than clear ones like vodka.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by B9
it does matter actually.

Generally, the body will react more negatively to darker hard liqiuds (such as whiskey) than clear ones like vodka.
As I said... :rolleyes:

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice
As I said... :rolleyes:
heh, skimmed a bit through the thread.;)

Good post though.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
just drink.

if you mix things, mix them with diet pop so you're not having extra bad calories. drink a protein shake mixed in water and take a multivitamin before hand and you'll be fine.

yeah, you can sit in your room by yourself on the weekend or go out and be the weird guy that just stands there sober while everybody else has fun.

but listen, you're posting this at sosuave, so you're probably working out with looks in mind, not to be a pro bodybuilder or for sports or anything.

will it slow your gains? sure. will you put on fat at a slight faster rate than usual? of course. But, you sure aren't gonna notice the difference in your gains. it's not like you'll be like "oh man, I could lift this much heavier if I didn't drink last weekend" and as a drinker I can tell you, that the amount of fat I put on from the beer, whiskey, and other **** I drink is very little. barely even exists. granted that might be because I have a decent metabolism, but I know a lot of guys that drink on the weekends and still look pretty cut. Just don't drink everyday. have fun on the weekends. you might want to throw in a cardio session every once in a while if you feel like you're putting on too much beer fat. And never, EVER drink when you're cutting.

You'll be fine. Live while you can. Remember, there's no difference between a nerd who stays in every friday night to play Halo or a guy that stays home every friday to make sure he gets the most out of his gains. Both aren't out living and it's a god damn shame both ways. Especially if you're just lifting for looks.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lemieux66

You'll be fine. Live while you can. Remember, there's no difference between a nerd who stays in every friday night to play Halo or a guy that stays home every friday to make sure he gets the most out of his gains. Both aren't out living and it's a god damn shame both ways. Especially if you're just lifting for looks.

Good stuff.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 liters of beer: 1640 kcal

0,5 liter of vodka: 1155 kcal

vodka still 2/3 less calories
Now you add a liter of orange juice to your vodka like most ppl who i was talkin about do and you have another 450 cals and both figures are pretty much the same, right?

oh and you meant vodka still has 1/4 less calories i guess?

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My rule is ONLY drink vodka or good beer. Good and simple alchohol. NEVER drink ****tails, ****tails = overpriced mixture of old juice and the ****tyest alk there is.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there's not best combination. Just drink whatever you want. Its like does it hurt less to be stung by 100 bees or 200 bees? who the **** cares either way your getting stung by an ass load of bees. Get it?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really just boils down to quantity. You could have the highest alc and impurities/sugar beer you could find, and if you only have a couple of bottles it won't make a difference.

You can have the purest, highest filtered and premier priced beer, but if you drink enough of it you will stall your gains, feel like sh1t and if you keep on doing it, turn into the shape of 70% of the lardy arsed world's population.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some good posts here. I'll definetly remember some of prosemont and Hot Ice