Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being too serious

Trumpetman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so recently people have been telling me that I'm a little uptight about things and too serious. Got any thoughts on how to be more open and stuff? Thanks
Brandon

Kelso

Don Juan
Reaction score
No one likes an up-tight/serious person. Seriously, juss kick back in life, do what you have to do and have some fun while doing it. ;]

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uptight about stuff

be more relaxed, more inclined to bend the rules, less worried about the consequences of your actions.

what are you uptight about?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He doesn't find retarded games amusing. Good for him. He wants to be above them. Good for him. Do YOU want to be less uptight? cause you obviously are a reason. It's not about the others, it's about you. Why are you so serious?

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be too serious. For me at least, it was a self esteem thing. I had very low self esteem, so I was always anxious and tense in social situations. This made me act extra serious, afraid to smile or laugh or flirt.

This may or may not be your problem. You have to ask yourself why you have this problem. Do you take things too personally? Are you afraid to smile? Are you easily offended by "offensive" material? Are you having fun with life, or are you too focused and letting the little joys pass you by? Whatever it is, find a way to deal with it. Let go, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoso
I used to be too serious. For me at least, it was a self esteem thing. I had very low self esteem, so I was always anxious and tense in social situations. This made me act extra serious, afraid to smile or laugh or flirt.

This may or may not be your problem. You have to ask yourself why you have this problem. Do you take things too personally? Are you afraid to smile? Are you easily offended by "offensive" material? Are you having fun with life, or are you too focused and letting the little joys pass you by? Whatever it is, find a way to deal with it. Let go, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Bingo.

Isidroman

Reaction score
I'm also incredibly up-tight and I am constantly reminded of it by everyone. However, people talk to me because I am humorous and can say the craziest things without laughing.

I also use my c+f attitude with women and tell them that they're only talking to me because they're turned on by my mysterious charm. I've only tried it twice; I don't talk to many girls or people in general.

European

Don Juan
Reaction score
I m a bit similar to this but the difference is that I dont have self esteem problem and that im not uptight about things. My problem is that when I talk to girls i tend to talk "smart" and very logical and scientific. It is like I always try to teach them about something and use little humor in the process. I just feel like a 50 year old wise man. Do you guys believe this is a problem? I have difficulty making a typical and humorous "teen" convo.

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i had the same problem very recently until a few days ago. the main reason was that though i am well aware that one of my assets is my smile, i don't wanna smile. tho im happy, i myt give a hint but i just didn't want to get the reputation of one who 'tries to get noticed'.

now im having a lotta fun and meet new people already. im broadening horizons and im smiling more. tho there are times you'd catch me with my brows meeting cuz of all the exams i have. :)