"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Being Poor

evolvingnerd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane, Australia
do you think that being poor as a child has any affect on your confidence and success with women?
when i was younger, and in college, 18-21, i lived at home, with my mother and brother, in a small house. i never had a car, and caught the bus to and from uni, but i did get to drive the car around whenever i could
mum was great. even though we didn't have much money, she always tried to give us th e best

however, cause we had a pretty small place, without much to do there...i never invited people to my house. even my best friends rarely came over (let alone any girls) - i was usually going there

now my brother, 18 is going through a similar situation to what i did...he still lives at home

any ideas / thoughts?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

chancer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
456
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
California, USA
Sometimes you just have to acknowledge the things that are going on in life. Rather than pointed out the things that seem to cripple your growth, you have to rise above and figure out a way to succeed. Ask yourself what can you do to be more confident and successful with women.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
No because I was (semi)rich and I still had bad confidence :(
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
Hell dude, I'm pretty well off and I have pretty ****ty confidence. I don't think your wealth really matters.
 

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
Age
40
My mate has lived in a dump his whole life and is the biggest dj about.

This is awful man, cant believe you even made this as a excuse.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Just because you're rich and you have crap for confidence doesn't mean wealth doesn't matter.

Having a lot of money doesn't mean you will have low confidence.

NOT having a lot of money...that definitely hurts your chances. I'm not rich. I'm not welfare poor, but I guess I'm like you evolvingnerd. I remember when all the kids would gather around the cool people because they had the newest gadgets, clothes, movie knowledge and whatnot. I didn't have that. That definitely makes you feel lower than them.

However, we must move through that and believe people who aren't super rich have a tad bit more motivation to succeed and change their future and help their family who sacrificed so much for them.

That's all I got. Hope it helped.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
I honestly think there are natural DJs from all social classes. I have poor friends who are natural DJs as well as rich friends who are great with women. On the flipside, I have friends who are $hitting money who turn into morons when confronted with a female...

It's not where you come from, it's the combination of factors that you have experienced that made you who you are, and you could have turned into anything even if you have a poor upbringing.

Just work on yourself, and improve. ;)
 
Top