Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being muscular

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To each, their own. We should be promoting healthy lifestyles and bodies (like another poster created a thread about muscularity/etc) rather than validating sedentary lifestyles that lead to dad-bods.
I firmly believe we should all aim to maintain our bodies in peak physical condition. To do any less is ungrateful and irresponsible.

But the reality is that no one is perfect. A lot of posters here appear to think that unless a guy is a sculptured adonis, then the only reason a woman could ever be with him is to use him like a chump. You shouldn't have to look very far to realize that simply isn't true.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But the reality is that no one is perfect. A lot of posters here appear to think that unless a guy is a sculptured adonis, then the only reason a woman could ever be with him is to use him like a chump. You shouldn't have to look very far to realize that simply isn't true
I think you have a reasonable point, Zekko. I see a lot of threads here talking about looks vs game blah blah blah. And I always have the same urge to jump in the thread and say 'its not that simple, it's a combination of many things that create attraction'. But I know no one will listen because everyone's heas is too far up their ass looking for the 'one' thing that will get them pvssy. So I refrain.

But at any rate.. tonight a girl told me that I look like a Greek god. And damn son. My head just ballooned like a motherfvcker. Get you a girl like this fellas.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just nonsense and thinking that's too black and white. If a girl likes a guy, she'll be attracted even if he's not in peak physical condition. You really believe women will only like a guy who is a chiseled muscle man? That's laughable.

A girl doesn't have to have a perfect body to be attractive. Now if she's an obese pig, obviously that's not attractive. But a small imperfection can even be endearing.

No wonder guys on the internet are so negative.
That is not the point. Women will still be with a guy who has a “Dad bod” if there are other reasons why they are attracted to or want to be with him.

The fallacy is that women find the dad bod attractive or sexy. They do not.

It’s like saying they would prefer a Seth Rogen body to a Hugh Jackman body. Ridiculous.

-Augustus-

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fallacy is tIt’s like saying they would prefer a Seth Rogen body to a Hugh Jackman body.
That's interesting, since one of the articles I was looking at listed Hugh Jackman as having a dad bod. Obviously he is a guy who has built a lot of muscle. But this goes along with what I was saying about how a guy could be between workout cycles, or a guy who has built a lot of muscle, but has taken a break and let his fitness level slip a bit. Just a bit. Such a guy could be said to have a dad bod. This is just my observation of how the dad bod has been described in the media, and who they are holding up as examples of it.

This is part of the point I am trying to make. Dad bod doesn't necessarily mean the guy is a fat slob, maybe just a tad soft in a spot or two. It's not always enough to ruin his overall presentation. And maybe he could whip himself back into shape in a week or two. Such a guy is not necessarily that far gone.

The fallacy is that women find the dad bod attractive or sexy. They do not.
I agree no one is going to aspire to have a dad bod, and that a dad bod is not representative of the male ideal. I disagree if you are saying that no woman could be attracted to a dad bod guy's body. Jason Mamoa is often described as having a dad bod, especially when he isn't cutting for a movie. He might have a little girth in the midsection, but I definitely think you could find a woman who was attracted to his shoulders, or his arms, chest, or whatever. Maybe a guy has a spectular penis lol. So I wouldn't say that a woman couldn't find such a guy physically attractive.

The other thing is this: The first time I heard about dad bods was an article about women who were insecure about their own bodies, so they were more comfortable being with a guy who didn't look like a fitness model. If the guy was too chiseled, it made them feel self conscious about their own bodies (whether they had real reason to be insecure or not).

So you're right, fat is not attractive. But dad bod doesn't necessarily mean obese, it's a matter of degree. I definitely think a guy with a dad bod could be seen as physically attractive, he's just not perfect.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
whatre your stats? You have more muscle than me but I can bet I lift more than you. Maybe i should focus more on hypertrophy.
I'm going to make another thread later on workout equip to buy. I have a treadmill and dumbell weights but want to know what equipment to buy so I can get muscles in my abs. I'm slim. I want lean muscle, not looking like a meat head so I want to know what equipment to buy that will build up muscles in my abs that doesn't cost over 600 bucks. I can join a gym and my sub division is putting in a small gym as well but it's easier for me to just workout at home any time of the day I want.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was recording my handstand workout so here's a screenshot from one of the clips.

For science.
Goddamn you've gotten ripped af bro! One of these days I'm gonna have to surpass you hahaha.

I'd consider that bodybuilder status. Not literally bodybuilder, just clearly chiseled abs and visible muscles.

My goal is the abs part before graduation, I'm not necessarily worried about muscle rn.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I personally like how much NHL players are built. They have muscle all in the right areas but not overly ripped because skating is a heavy cardio activity. That is the kind of being in shape I like.

Would you say most women like that versus a roid head guy who just has big arms and chest?

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally like how much NHL players are built. They have muscle all in the right areas but not overly ripped because skating is a heavy cardio activity. That is the kind of being in shape I like.

Would you say most women like that versus a roid head guy who just has big arms and chest?

Do bodybuilders get women? Yes. Some.

Do hockey players get women? Yes. Some.

Do dad bods get women? Yes. Some.

Do runners get women? Yes. Some.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whatre your stats? You have more muscle than me but I can bet I lift more than you. Maybe i should focus more on hypertrophy.
Lmao I don't train for hypertrophy.

Damn son you wanna know everything huh? My phone is about to die so how about you share the lifts you're interested in and what your stats are and I'll tell you if it's more than mine later since you wanna jerk your ego so bad.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job!

All women want a washboard whether they admit it or not

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
360 bench 495 deadlift 365 squat
You bench more than me. I've only been training it seriously for the past 3 months. I never really rained bench until I got a coach. It was all gymnastic strength skills for upper body before then.

You deadlift more than me right now. I pulled 495 2 years ago though and I'm fixing my form right now. I don't know what my max is.

Similarly, I don't know what my squat is now. I did 320 for 4x4 earlier this week but I have squatted 425 2 years ago and 335 for 5x5 earlier this year before I got injured.