Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beginning workouts, how long before you notice gains?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am just a beginner at working out, and I stopped for a bit recently due to exams. I've restarted now since realising stopping wasn't the best thing to do.

I only did 2 weeks workouts before exams, and now I've done 1 week (2 workouts).

How soon should I notice results (which indicates I am doing everything carefully)? I am very thin, but have some fat around my stomach, and just starting workout.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you define "gains"?

If you think you're going to look like Schwarzenegger in 3 months.. dream on.

If you read my GUIDE TO BULKING UP and follow it TO THE LETTER.. you might be able to slap on at least 10 LBS of solid muscle in the first 2-3 months.

D

p.s. THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE TO NOT WORK OUT. AS WITH ANYTHING THAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOU MAKE THE TIME. EVEN IF ONLY 30 MINS. IT'S CALLED TIME MANAGEMENT.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, make sure you aren't spinning your wheels by neglecting diet and rest. Quality time in the gym is less than half of the equation.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
true true...

Also you have to decide for yourself what your goal is... do you want to be stronger, which is the true purpose of working out? Or are you trying to improve your body "look"

In terms of strength.... working out on a consistent schedule will help. After 6 months of working out for about 45 minutes a day for 4 days a work... you will notice quite a difference. (I'm using that as an example, because that's what we did senior year of highschool. Weightlifting met every day, 5 days a week, and one day was "game day")
so... I noticed, that over say a 6 month period, my bench went from 180 lbs to 235... And many other excercises go up by rather large amounts as well.

There are a huge number of different workouts for different goals... so you'll have to find one that suits you.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My goal is basically to put on some muscle. Not too much, but to "balance" my chest and abs (having a chest that sticks out more than the stomach), as well as decent growth in arms.

Basically, what you would define as a cut body. Not bodybuilder-type, but just a little muscly.

I'm uncertain when to start seeing results. I try to eat as healthy as a I can, and I usually do weights that are heavy enough that I can only do 7-8 reps before I have to rest.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want to bulk... a good way is to do weights that go up... in a 10 - 8 - 6 reps format, or 8 - 6 - 4... where the weight goes up with each set.