alnite
Don Juan
Becoming One with The Society
Many of us would say that we are unique individuals. Every person has his own talents and personalities, and we should respect other people’s opinion. That’s true. However, this kind of thought would affect how we see people, or the world in general. We put too much respect on people that they don’t respect us. We value them more than we value ourselves. We love them more than we love ourselves. Do we get our love, respect, and value back? No.
I know it’s sad, but that’s how human beings function. Think about it. What’s going to happen if you eat too much? What’s going to happen if you work out too much? What’s going to happen if you dress too much? What’s going to happen if you talk too much? It creates a sense of neediness. It seems to me you demand something that you don’t have in an overactive way. Why do you seek so much validation?
The opposite is just as bad. What’s going to happen if you eat too little? What’s going to happen if you never talk? People will perceive you as a weirdo, or should I say a ‘nice’ guy? No, they won’t think of you as a grand hermit.
Too much is bad, too little is also bad. I think you have guessed the answer. Right in the middle is the answer. However, how do we know when we have acted just enough? Instinct. A wolf would only hunt when it’s hungry. Wolves don’t kill and eat every rabbit they see. They would only do so when they are hungry. They basically follow their instinct, and they do just fine.
What happens to us, the so-called intelligent human beings? We rarely follow our instincts for some reason that I don’t want to know or care. Our society creates an imagination of what’s wrong and right. It’s wrong to chop trees. It’s right not to talk to strangers. It’s right not to give a homeless money because he’s going to steal your wallet. It’s wrong to kill the bear that’s about to kill us. It’s wrong/right to…etc, the list goes on.
We have forgotten one important issue here. We ARE part of the society. We are one. Our instinct is basically your survival guide in every situation you will encounter. If you want to say something, say it. If you want to do something, do it. Today, I just had a very interesting day. I engaged in more conversations than I ever had. I had more topics to talk about than ever before that we didn’t even have enough time to continue our conversation. Why? It’s simply because I am following my instinct to talk about topics that I want to talk about. I have no shame, or a second thought to do it. I don’t even feel awkward when doing it (you know sometimes the first time you do it you will feel awkward as hell?).
HOW TO DO IT:
Remember, we are part of the society. So what you must do is to feel the presence of everything around you. The people, the trees, the buildings, the rocks, the ants, the mosquitoes, the grasses, the wind, etc. Feel them. You are ONE. Therefore, participate in everything around you. If you don’t participate, you are separating yourself from them, from the people, and thus, will be seen as ‘nice’ or maybe a real jerk. Everybody talks, but you don’t or you talk too much. You are alienating yourself. Don’t cover yourself. Expose. Don’t be unique. Blend with the society. Blend with everything around you. The uniqueness will come by itself.
For example, some group of people is talking about automobiles, and you happen to be a guy who is passionate in automobiles and you have that urge to join in the conversation. Join and talk with them. Another example is when somebody points out your mistake. Say it. Say you are sorry, say that you didn’t know. Don’t ever try to cover your tracks. You make an eye contact with this hot chick, approach! Get caught in a dry conversation? Make fun of it “Wow it’s so quiet!” Can’t say something? “I am speechless!” Of course, in a ****y and funny way. Have fun, and don’t hurt people’s feelings! Expose yourself.
The easy way to do it is to think that everything around you as you. Feel them. Feel their presence. You are one. Yes, that hot chick sitting 20 feet away from you is you (“Hello me, how’s it going?”). But, don’t approach every single girl you see, or your neediness will be seen and they will run away from you. A wolf doesn't hunt 24 hours non stop. Do it only when your instinct tells you to, then everything will become natural.
Many of us would say that we are unique individuals. Every person has his own talents and personalities, and we should respect other people’s opinion. That’s true. However, this kind of thought would affect how we see people, or the world in general. We put too much respect on people that they don’t respect us. We value them more than we value ourselves. We love them more than we love ourselves. Do we get our love, respect, and value back? No.
I know it’s sad, but that’s how human beings function. Think about it. What’s going to happen if you eat too much? What’s going to happen if you work out too much? What’s going to happen if you dress too much? What’s going to happen if you talk too much? It creates a sense of neediness. It seems to me you demand something that you don’t have in an overactive way. Why do you seek so much validation?
The opposite is just as bad. What’s going to happen if you eat too little? What’s going to happen if you never talk? People will perceive you as a weirdo, or should I say a ‘nice’ guy? No, they won’t think of you as a grand hermit.
Too much is bad, too little is also bad. I think you have guessed the answer. Right in the middle is the answer. However, how do we know when we have acted just enough? Instinct. A wolf would only hunt when it’s hungry. Wolves don’t kill and eat every rabbit they see. They would only do so when they are hungry. They basically follow their instinct, and they do just fine.
What happens to us, the so-called intelligent human beings? We rarely follow our instincts for some reason that I don’t want to know or care. Our society creates an imagination of what’s wrong and right. It’s wrong to chop trees. It’s right not to talk to strangers. It’s right not to give a homeless money because he’s going to steal your wallet. It’s wrong to kill the bear that’s about to kill us. It’s wrong/right to…etc, the list goes on.
We have forgotten one important issue here. We ARE part of the society. We are one. Our instinct is basically your survival guide in every situation you will encounter. If you want to say something, say it. If you want to do something, do it. Today, I just had a very interesting day. I engaged in more conversations than I ever had. I had more topics to talk about than ever before that we didn’t even have enough time to continue our conversation. Why? It’s simply because I am following my instinct to talk about topics that I want to talk about. I have no shame, or a second thought to do it. I don’t even feel awkward when doing it (you know sometimes the first time you do it you will feel awkward as hell?).
HOW TO DO IT:
Remember, we are part of the society. So what you must do is to feel the presence of everything around you. The people, the trees, the buildings, the rocks, the ants, the mosquitoes, the grasses, the wind, etc. Feel them. You are ONE. Therefore, participate in everything around you. If you don’t participate, you are separating yourself from them, from the people, and thus, will be seen as ‘nice’ or maybe a real jerk. Everybody talks, but you don’t or you talk too much. You are alienating yourself. Don’t cover yourself. Expose. Don’t be unique. Blend with the society. Blend with everything around you. The uniqueness will come by itself.
For example, some group of people is talking about automobiles, and you happen to be a guy who is passionate in automobiles and you have that urge to join in the conversation. Join and talk with them. Another example is when somebody points out your mistake. Say it. Say you are sorry, say that you didn’t know. Don’t ever try to cover your tracks. You make an eye contact with this hot chick, approach! Get caught in a dry conversation? Make fun of it “Wow it’s so quiet!” Can’t say something? “I am speechless!” Of course, in a ****y and funny way. Have fun, and don’t hurt people’s feelings! Expose yourself.
The easy way to do it is to think that everything around you as you. Feel them. Feel their presence. You are one. Yes, that hot chick sitting 20 feet away from you is you (“Hello me, how’s it going?”). But, don’t approach every single girl you see, or your neediness will be seen and they will run away from you. A wolf doesn't hunt 24 hours non stop. Do it only when your instinct tells you to, then everything will become natural.
Last edited: