Becoming a father

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it like to become a father?

I'm still young (26) and I just got a paternity test back confirming the baby is mine. He's two months old, has blue eyes and brown hair. He's so freaking cute...

I'm still in school, every girl in my class is a single mother. So if they can do it, so can I.

I have a job that pays 200 a day in tips on a regular night plus 110 regular. So I know I can pay for the kid...

I just don't know what to expect...

I just know my life is going to be very different after today.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez said:

I'm still young (26) and I just got a paternity test back confirming the baby is mine. He's two months old, has blue eyes and brown hair. He's so freaking cute...
Congratulations! :up:
Bonez said:
I'm still in school, every girl in my class is a single mother. So if they can do it, so can I.
Just because others do it it doesn't mean that they do it well. :nono: Done well will take an effort takes more effort than what most people will show you.
Bonez said:
I have a job that pays 200 a day in tips on a regular night plus 110 regular. So I know I can pay for the kid...
Suggestion, find out if your girl will be using health insurance to pay for the baby, if not you had better start budgeting.
Bonez said:
Indentured servitude.
Bonez said:
The party's over, life's about to begin.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez said:
Great, if you're in love with and in a relationship with the mother. I would imagine not so great under different circumstances.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get a DNA test, maybe its not yours.

they say 10% of men are raising kids who aren't theirs.

if i ever have a kid i'll know whether its mine or not. if its born with a 12 inch **** then its mine ;)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
congrads!!
being a parent is great.
its my favorite job in the world..

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
its my favorite job in the world..
It's not just a job, it's an adventure!!! :up:

GO ARMY!!!

ducaro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Felicitations to you!

oh yeah, life will be a lot different... and yeah its gonna be great!

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stavrogin said:
What kind of school is this?
Nursing school:) Easy bachelors of science, and tons of women to ogle at.

P.S. I'm not seeing the mother, we had the paternity test done and I AM the father. I'm doing already with the kid, I visit him everyday before working the bar and I talk to him. I'm getting so many friends coming up to me telling me I was the kind of father they hated before I started looking after him.

The little rascal drinks milk like a mofo, bottle, not breast... and he's going to be a BIG boy like his mom and dad:p

Thanks for the encouragement too guys, it helped a ton... except francisco, I've never liked his advice and I'd rather just keep on thinking he gave bad advice again and not even bother.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
It's not just a job, it's an adventure!!! :up:

GO ARMY!!!
it is an adventure, sometimes is it extremely hard, and then sometimes it is extremely fun !

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
it is an adventure, sometimes is it extremely hard, and then sometimes it is extremely fun !
Like raiding their Halloween goodie bags when they get home from Trick or Treating and getting all the good stuff first. :up:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Like raiding their Halloween goodie bags when they get home from Trick or Treating and getting all the good stuff first. :up:
and sneaking christmas presents home and hiding them in strange places only to wrap them in boxes that are huge to make their minds wonder what they could be...while chopping on those cookies they left out for dear old santa.
that one is fun too.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best wishes, bro!

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez, You get to experience a new and very real kind of love. It will be rather soul shaking.

This little guy has a few very high expectations of you, a full tummy, a clean bottom and a shoulder to coo and burp on. He doesn't care about your car or home, he doesn't care about your clothes or your hair style. Riding him around high atop your shoulder will make you his hero.

You will be the world's great singer, dancer and cook. You will be stronger then Superman, more intelligent then Einstein, and more handsome then Adonis. In his eyes, you are his world.

He needs nothing more then a happy face drawn on a paper plate and maybe a frozen wash cloth to chew on when the teeth start coming in. He will do his best to enjoy each and everyday one at a time and you should do the same.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have four children. Like anything else, it is what you make of it. It really is like what BLP says sometimes. For the other times just keep in mind it will make you a better at handling stress than you ever thought possible.

Now, from a man’s standpoint I found the first year the hardest because my natural inclination is to go do things. You just can’t do that at a moment’s notice without planning. The first year they need so much nurturing. I can’t speak for all men, but, I am not very good at that. I think women are better at that.

After about the second kid I recognized that I suck at that and stopped feeling bad about it. Occasionally, I felt a bit like a cave man holding the baby and handing it over as I grunted “Here woman, IT crys!!!”

Now, since this is a men’s forum: The puntang choo-choo train does not have to stop either just because you have a little one. You will have to work to make sure that does not happen. The three hour bone-A-thons may be out for a while, but you will adapt.

AlphaSoldier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez said:

Being a dad is great... the most amazing challenge in the world.

However, I've got the slight impression you fvcked up your life. A baby needs a proper environment to grow up: a dad, yes, and a mum too. The fact that you had to undergo a test means that the mum is well.... somewhat slutty, to say the least. OK, and you can afford to have it, but who's gonna look after him when you're working?

With those credentials, I think you're headed for failure. Sorry, dude, that's the fvcking truth.

Anyway, good luck. It's difficult but not impossible. You have rough times ahead of you.

Alpha Soldier

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlphaSoldier said:
Being a dad is great... the most amazing challenge in the world.
WOO-HOOOOOO!!!! :rockon:
AlphaSoldier said:
However, I've got the slight impression you fvcked up your life.
DOH!!! :kick:

Sorry, couldn't help it... :p

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every sociological study shows this kid will have tougher troubles than those with a stable family. The absolute last thing this world needs is another single mother and father. F-ck, this isn't some kind of game, it's a kid's life. It's not an adventure, a job, or whatever, it's a freaking responsibility.

I'm sure I'll be labeled old fashioned and conservative (I'm not). I just don't understand all the congratulations. I'll congratulate the guy when he takes responsibility. Good friend of mine had a couple kids out of wedlock that he's no longer seeing (gf took off and he couldn't find her, had an investigator and everthing) ... I congratulated him on these acts this many times: zero. We're still best friends, but he knows where I'm coming from. Oh yeah, the ex-gf -- wherever she may be -- has five kids from three different men.

I don't understand the props going out to a 26-year old single guy who brings a child into poverty with many obstacles ahead. Clue me in how this is such a great thing. Let's hear it for custody hearings, alimony, absentee fathers (or mothers), psychological damage to the kid. Sheesh.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster said:
...I don't understand the props going out to a 26-year old single guy who brings a child into poverty with many obstacles ahead. Clue me in how this is such a great thing. Let's hear it for custody hearings, alimony, absentee fathers (or mothers), psychological damage to the kid. Sheesh.
Because he plans on supporting the little one. Personal accountability doesn't seem to be the norm nowadays so hearing a guy say that he's actually going to help support his own isn't a bad thing.

RAFCbearfilm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations as well! Being a single dad as well, it's going to suck having to deal with the mom, make sure that you get the support and custody figured out real soon and always make an effort fo be there for your kid. I am not going to paint a rosy picture for you in these regards, but your kid never asked to be in this situation so there is no reason that he needs to pay for any of this.
That said, being a Dad is one of the greatest joys that we can have and your perspective of the world is going to change for the better!