"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Be nice to the newbies

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
I know it can be annoying at times because everyone seems to ask the same questions and stuff but don't act all high and mighty just because you've been here longer, or they made a silly mistake. Don't act like you have never made a dumb post ever (Inclduing coming home at 4am drunk/high and logging into sosuave :rolleyes: ) Saying read the bible muthafvcka doesn't really get the point across so, try breaking down where they went wrong and then giving them a link to the bible or something. Even I have been a little pissed off at newbies from time to time, but these guys are the future of the site. They can be your next wingman, or that guy who takes your side in the club when an attention wh0re goes off it on you and all the other guys wanna jump you, he could be that guy who put your gf in place by nexting her when she got b1tchy, he could be anyone.

You don't even notice the newbies that don't stay around because we don't get to know them. We just give them some generic response and write them off as a lost cause. Every person here started off not as well as they end up, and someone gave them the time of day. I know it seems like it doesn't help when you are friendly to a noob and then the next day, another noob comes and asks the same question. But look at our current rAFC's they are telling people READ THE FVCKING BIBLE. Trying to look like they're some experienced person, when they've been here for like 10 days, and all they know from the site is Sir Chancellors tips on sex (which they won't need for like 2 years) and how to be rude to noobs

Be considerate because first impressions can alter whether a person decides to stay on the site and change their life for the better or continue his pathetic life, until he kills hiself over a hb6 or starts raping women, and ends up in jail.

-Clear your inbox.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
A "Master Don Juan"?
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=598343

Look at pretty much every reply here...
You can't link searches spanky.

If newbies read the Stickies it wouldn't be a problem, but they don't. Frankly If its something stupid that could have been avoided had they taken the time out of their life to read the bible, i'm gonna tell them to read it.

If they're not willing to make sacrifices to change their lives. Why should we?
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Are you gonna sacrafice to me first Vicky? Someone that's never proven or given anything to you? When a noob first comes here what have we given to them so far? Nothing! We just curse em off and say read the bible, but we on the other hand have been bestowed with all the knowledge and information so we should be humble (or at least friendly)

They can't make sacrifices about what they do not know. Basically you're saying they didn't read the part of the bible about sacrifices so they aren't worthy of any kind of respect. What sacrifice should one make who hasn't read the bible, he doesn't come in knowing all this stuff, I say we tell him in a civilized manner what is supposed to go down and let him ease into the community
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
Are you gonna sacrafice to me first Vicky? Someone that's never proven or given anything to you? When a noob first comes here what have we given to them so far? Nothing! We just curse em off and say read the bible, but we on the other hand have been bestowed with all the knowledge and information so we should be humble (or at least friendly)

They can't make sacrifices about what they do not know. Basically you're saying they didn't read the part of the bible about sacrifices so they aren't worthy of any kind of respect. What sacrifice should one make who hasn't read the bible, he doesn't come in knowing all this stuff, I say we tell him in a civilized manner what is supposed to go down and let him ease into the community
The sacrifice is to read the top of the page "New Here? We suggest checking out The DJ Bible before posting" What a concept :rolleyes:

Its not like they don't lurk first to begin with.

Now clear your inbox.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
*ahem*
How about please there spanky?
Hmm or I could just post what I'm gonna tell you in the moderators corner. Its up to you.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
check your sent messages, they add to the total.
 

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Kansas City
Hmmm...I was starting to suspect that LikRetSam was a bit of a prick, and you just confirmed it for me, thanks microphone fiend
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
I'll keep helping them out. Instead of being some wanna be hard man on an internet message board.

For as long as i'm around that is. Might not be much longer the way these boards are going.
 

Biphoria

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by wcknightjr
Hmmm...I was starting to suspect that LikRetSam was a bit of a prick, and you just confirmed it for me, thanks microphone fiend
You there. He gets ticked off by retarded issues or really dumb replies. But check his history, one of the best posters here.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by wcknightjr
Hmmm...I was starting to suspect that LikRetSam was a bit of a prick, and you just confirmed it for me, thanks microphone fiend
I'd pat you on the back for your brilliant discovery but your spine might snap. For the simple fact that you are here on this site, I will help you. Stop trying to create drama. Stop trying to be buddy buddy with MF and against anyone else. Blocking out certain advice based on the poster is going to put you at a severe disatvantage. I assume you're here because girls take up a big part of your life. In that regard, I don't need you. However, I or anyone else, could mean the difference for you. Wisen up. Stop acting like a little child 'he hurt my feelings'. You're crawling into your little ball right now just as you always have, always in the safety of the ball.

Some never participate. Life happens to them. They get by on little more than dumb persistence and resist with anger or violence all things that might lift them out of resentment-filled illusions of security.
-Dune books.


In regards to the post, this is retarded. If someone is going to take the time to write a well organised essay on their problem, I'll be more than inclined to help. Unfortunatly all the ****tards want a quick technique that ends up failing because they don't have the attitude. We're getting posts with half words 'ur' 'thang' etc.

Or even better: I like a girl, what do I do?

God damn. All these people thinking they are above what has already been done and posted. As Vincent said. They aren't doing anything to show merit of my (or anyone's) help. Being nice? That will only incline them to continue not doing anything and getting everything served to them.

Welcome to Sosuave. Man up. You have no friends here.
 
Last edited:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Funny how people come to SoSuave COMMUNITY and have no friends? I thought it'd be the other way around...?

Anyhow when I first came to the site I posted without readin or searching, not because I was disrespecting the forums, to irritate people who've been here longer so are obviously superior or anything of that nature, but because I didn't know forum ettiqute (spelling error there...PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME LIK JUST BECAUSE MY ENGLISH ISN'T UP TO PAR WITH YOURS :rolleyes: )

Anyways I saw your response to Mizael's (more than legible, easy to comprehend thread) "My Confession" and you are the first person to reply, with words of wisdom like "End yourself?" Do you know Mizael? I'm just curious because here, you state in a response to someone questioning your "oh so cunning" sense of humour that you did it ONLY because you had a prior relationship with AFK. Anyways I shall leave the arguement here or I risk being banned or making you even more insecure-looking with your risque responses :rolleyes:
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Point 1:moot. There's a big READ ME FIRST sticky.

I don't care if you can't spell a word. I care if you don't take the time to type out your thread if you expect me to type a reply back. You started to look smart with your arguments until you invented one 'oh please don't flame etc'.

Point 2: Retarded thread, retarded answer. He is interrested in a chick and directly concludes it's oneitis. I can't tolerate people who create imaginary worlds for themselves.

Point 3: It was a joke to a fellow GAMER. Did you notice how 3 other people jumped in with GAMING REFERENCES?

Any other points you'd care to argue?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
I don't wish to carry on the arguement, however, LikRetsam if these posts do nothing but irritate you, why answer? why not just leave them be?

I agree that some of them need slapping. But i just leave it. It's not bothering me.
 

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
Personally, I think LikRetsam has the right way of going about the forum. Although, you really don't need to be so harsh at times bro.

The biggest thing that gets me is the fact that the new comers don't know how to use the search tool. Honestly, for all you newbies reading this, PLEASE use the effing search before posting! I'm gonna take the dance threads as an example. In the past 2 weeks I've seen 4-5 different posts on the SAME damn topic about dance! I get pissed not because of their ignorance, but because of their laziness. I know that I don't have to post and say "Search for it", but it really is at a point where the same goddamn topics come up over and over ad nauseam. Furhermore, it just clogs the forum creating too many topics to sift through to get to the ones that really need help or are really interesting.

It is good how the mods are taking the responsibility by closing threads that need to be closed, but we either need to be more strict about it, or need to somehow get this message across. I've seen forums flourish (not to say SS isn't) and grow just because the same topics don't appear 60-100 times within a week. The rules were extremely strict, but it worked extremely well.
 

Sparkyy

New Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I think that LikRetsam is right. Like he stated if everyone answered everyones questions with the answer then they'd just get too lazy to look for the post and end up making you, LikRetsam and all the others that have spent time learning the bible waste ages answering the same thing in 3 different threads every day.
I think that it works both ways really. If newbies were nice to Likretsam and others (by reading the bible/searching instead of asking the same question thats been answered before) then LikRetsam and others would be nice to them.
When LikRetsam replied to the post with "die" I think it was obvious it was an inside joke. As to the guy who said LikRetsam was a prick maybe you overlooked his posts that are very inspirational such as something like "nothing to lose; reform" and if he was a prick he wouldnt bother writing these posts.
LikRetsam could be a bit nicer but who cares. He does what people want him to do: help them improve their lives
In the end all these "Master Don Juan"'s are asking in return is for the newbies to use a little bit of their time searching for the answer before they post.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Point 3: It was a joke to a fellow GAMER. Did you notice how 3 other people jumped in with GAMING REFERENCES?

Any other points you'd care to argue?
The point of #3 is when in the thread you said you only called him a name because you were close, so therefore it is a safe assumption that you have an inside joke with all these newbies you harrass cuz i've seen a couple people that beg to differ. Theoretically that the deduction I get, yet you don't know them.

What I don't understand is how people think a newbie is "disrespecting" you by not looking at the stickied thread. I've been on threads for about half the time I've been on the internet, and I ALWAYS overlook the stickies. It happens, stop taking everything personally, you are a DJ for christs sake. The AFC's who come here

Oh and Sparkky....END YOURSELF!!! Hahaha I'm soo cool. I just made your life better. How bout you take Lik's balls outta your mouth and take a breath of fresh air. Where in all of my posts did I talk about breaking down every newbie post? I simply am pushing people to say something other than "go kill yourself" or "read the bible looser" or "You don't stand a chance hahaha" How about welcoming people to the board and nicely telling them what to do? You might think tough love is working but this is the internet, if anyone disrespects me I can just go look up porn, or log off my computer.

See sparkky is an example, he's been here a month and he WANTS to flame people who come on the board because that's all he's seen so far. If we set a better example we can have a more positive mindset here and build better DJ's in ourselves and others
 

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
See sparkky is an example, he's been here a month and he WANTS to flame people who come on the board because that's all he's seen so far. If we set a better example we can have a more positive mindset here and build better DJ's in ourselves and others
The hell are you talking about? No where did I get the impression he wanted to flame, but I digress... He just wants to lick LikRet's balls. lol :eek:
 
Last edited:

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top