Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"be fun", ok but how?

markiyah2

Reaction score
Hi,

I just terminated reading "bang" by roosh. in his books he empathize the importance of being interesting and fun, fun as in making girls laugh.
I'm afraid that I may be rather boring.
Do think it's important to make girls laugh (ok, not excessively, just the right amount)?

Do you have any real resources about it ? A good book or a good something, not just random tips or a 10 minutes youtube video.

Thank you guys

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's plenty of stand up comedy on YouTube for free. Find a comedian or two that you genuinely like and follow their material. You don't have to be a comedian, but emotion is contagious. When you talk about things you genuinely find funny, it will make people laugh.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chads make women laugh when there is no joke or the joke is bad. You try hard to make her laugh but then she is using you until another guy steals the scene. Just be cringe friendzoning.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try deadpan homour, that at least does not make you look like a clown, more witty smart.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's plenty of stand up comedy on YouTube for free. Find a comedian or two that you genuinely like and follow their material. You don't have to be a comedian, but emotion is contagious. When you talk about things you genuinely find funny, it will make people laugh.

OP - Ignore the material, but do focus on timing and delivery. You're going to be funny by being in the moment, not by memorizing anything.

Two things:

1) do stream-of-consciousness and free-association exercises to sharpen your wit

https://www.reddit.com/r/improv/comments/2zkhpa

2) get in the practice of actively looking for absurdities (easy to do in today's world)

Regarding Roosh, watch videos of him speak and endeavor to not be like him. Roosh is an unfunny guy.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One key to humor is the subversion of expectations. The setup should lead one way, and then your punchline should be some other completely unexpected resolution of your setup (or someone else's setup) that still makes sense.

For example there's a joke that goes "my grandfather died in Auschwitz" and then "oh my god I'm so sorry to hear that" and the punchline is "yeah, he fell out of the guard tower."
(The setup implies he's a victim and the punchline is that he was a Nazi)

Another one is like: "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather..." Followed by the punchline "...and not screaming in terror, like his passengers."

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to steal material, at least make it your own (revise the details) and say it happened to you THAT DAY.

Good humor always has the sense of being fresh.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One key to humor is the subversion of expectations. The setup should lead one way, and then your punchline should be some other completely unexpected resolution of your setup (or someone else's setup) that still makes sense.

For example there's a joke that goes "my grandfather died in Auschwitz" and then "oh my god I'm so sorry to hear that" and the punchline is "yeah, he fell out of the guard tower."
(The setup implies he's a victim and the punchline is that he was a Nazi)

Another one is like: "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather..." Followed by the punchline "...and not screaming in terror, like his passengers."
Anthony Jeselnik:
"I ran over a little kid with my car the other day...don't worry, everything was fine....nobody saw me."

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just another skill set that needs practice practice practice.
You don’t need to be a standup comedian using recycled jokes.
Listen to her or read her profile and insert wittiness. Amusement and paying attention is a step in the door.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Become good at storytelling...
Watch actors and actresses on those late night talk shows and how they spin up stories that are really engaging and have you interested in finding out what happened as they start telling them.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women associate fun with being spontaneous. **** her in a public place, or somewhere random. Tell her to get ready and say you're going out and don't tell her where you're going. Surprise her. Do risky things, say risky things. Be adventurous. You really don't have to do anything too crazy.. just be unpredictable. Keep her wondering. Show her things she hasn't seen before. Do things she hasn't done before. Keep her laughing constantly. Be that guy where your mere presence is addicting and she can't get enough of it.. make her crave your attention. People naturally wanna be around others that lift them up and make them feel good. Humor is one of the best tools you can ever use.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being fun is not equal to being funny. If you try to be funny, you’ll come across as a tryhard clown. Some people are naturally funny, some aren’t. Don’t be a standup comedian. Being fun is being adventurous. Being fun is someone who enjoys life and radiates that. Make memories in life, then you can tell about your adventures. You will automatically get good at storytelling by doing it. Don’t watch stand up comedians but rather actors that are great at dialogue. Like Denzel Washington has a special way of talking and story telling that’s really entertaining and keeps you hooked. Be charismatic, not funny.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Its over for BoringCels

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are naturally more fun when you are doing something you like doing.

Where many men go sideways is that they try and figure out what some chick might like and then deliver that then they try to pretend they like it. I dated a women who used to LOVE going to yard and estate sales. I fvcking hate that sh1t... The idea of picking through someone else's garbage is such a waste of time. But I caved once and went with her, and all most of the dudes that I ran into while doing this were doing the same, arms folded standing around... occasionally carrying stuff to a car. There were a few men that really liked doing this, and they were having fun, and their women were happier.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are naturally more fun when you are doing something you like doing.

Where many men go sideways is that they try and figure out what some chick might like and then deliver that then they try to pretend they like it. I dated a women who used to LOVE going to yard and estate sales. I fvcking hate that sh1t... The idea of picking through someone else's garbage is such a waste of time. But I caved once and went with her, and all most of the dudes that I ran into while doing this were doing the same, arms folded standing around... occasionally carrying stuff to a car. There were a few men that really liked doing this, and they were having fun, and their women were happier.
Yes and I’d say it’s also a big loss of frame if you keep doing things only she enjoys. Men LEAD. It’s okay to try something out that you’re not sure you will like but continously doing something you don’t like will make her lose respect for you and you will also radiate your boredom to her. If a woman wants to do something I really don’t want to do, I just tell her to take a friend along or go alone.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and I’d say it’s also a big loss of frame if you keep doing things only she enjoys. Men LEAD. It’s okay to try something out that you’re not sure you will like but continously doing something you don’t like will make her lose respect for you and you will also radiate your boredom to her. If a woman wants to do something I really don’t want to do, I just tell her to take a friend along or go alone.
Agreed. I actually enjoyed garage sales because I used to be an eBay flipper back in the day. Just something fun to do and gave me an excuse to wake up early. I used to take my BM with me and she would often finds "things we needed" or get stuff for the kids. It was something new and different. With my last ex she told me she had never been to a trampoline park, so I took her and my kid. I go to the beach as often as I can during the summer. I do karaoke when I go to bars. I go with the flow on things. Nothing is forced or rushed. If a restaurant is packed or booked, who cares, I'll pick another one. I'll finger my girl/plate while we're parked in a car. I'll spank her ass randomly. These are all simple things you can do that scream fun/spontaneousness. Just be different. Do new things. Explore new things. Don't be the guy that takes her to a movie for 2 hours and the only kino you can do is hold her hand. Do real activities. She will be much more invested in you. I promise.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I actually enjoyed garage sales because I used to be an eBay flipper back in the day. Just something fun to do and gave me an excuse to wake up early. I used to take my BM with me and she would often finds "things we needed" or get stuff for the kids. It was something new and different. With my last ex she told me she had never been to a trampoline park, so I took her and my kid. I go to the beach as often as I can during the summer. I do karaoke when I go to bars. I go with the flow on things. Nothing is forced or rushed. If a restaurant is packed or booked, who cares, I'll pick another one. I'll finger my girl/plate while we're parked in a car. I'll spank her ass randomly. These are all simple things you can do that scream fun/spontaneousness. Just be different. Do new things. Explore new things. Don't be the guy that takes her to a movie for 2 hours and the only kino you can do is hold her hand. Do real activities. She will be much more invested in you. I promise.
This man gets it. You want to be the guy that makes **** happen. Everyone loves that guy and no you don’t need to be a killer comedian to be this type of guy.