Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

BE CAREFUL When Cold Approaching

JamesonGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene.

Law 18: Do not build fortresses to protect yourself-isolation is dangerous.

Probably more relevant pertaining to one's regular social circle and career. The Prince's kingdom and court.

Backpacking in south America, you are not really going to isolate yourself. I would recommend insulating yourself from the half-wits, drunks, druggies, (gentusa en general)

I kind of agree with Tate's view on the likes of people who (not all but a lot) backpack to the likes of Thailand (and South America) you don't want to become infected with their poisoned mentality...

So perhaps...

Law 10: infection: avoid the unhappy and unlucky.

Watch your drink (be it agua or an alcoholic beverage) at all times (I don't mean stare at it like a lunatic, just don't let it out of your sight) as slipping a mickey in your drink and being relieved of your possessions (and maybe more) is something you would want to avoid.
Yeah, avoid people who have low energy, look broke, needy, everything we don't want to be

christie

Banned
Reaction score
The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene.

Law 18: Do not build fortresses to protect yourself-isolation is dangerous.

Probably more relevant pertaining to one's regular social circle and career. The Prince's kingdom and court.

Backpacking in south America, you are not really going to isolate yourself. I would recommend insulating yourself from the half-wits, drunks, druggies, (gentusa en general)

I kind of agree with Tate's view on the likes of people who (not all but a lot) backpack to the likes of Thailand (and South America) you don't want to become infected with their poisoned mentality...

So perhaps...

Law 10: infection: avoid the unhappy and unlucky.

Watch your drink (be it agua or an alcoholic beverage) at all times (I don't mean stare at it like a lunatic, just don't let it out of your sight) as slipping a mickey in your drink and being relieved of your possessions (and maybe more) is something you would want to avoid.
man, I have this book and haven't read it yet. Will get on it.

Thanks for the tips.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is par for the course in South America.

If you look foreign, you watch your ass. If you have a smartphone, keep it in a pocket where it won't make a print that gives it away. And be very careful of getting roofied as others mentioned, it happens to the locals too.

Also, just because one guy robbed you, never assume that he's acting alone. These fvckers usually work in pairs at the very least where one person distracts you and the other one robs you.

JamesonGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is par for the course in South America.

If you look foreign, you watch your ass. If you have a smartphone, keep it in a pocket where it won't make a print that gives it away. And be very careful of getting roofied as others mentioned, it happens to the locals too.

Also, just because one guy robbed you, never assume that he's acting alone. These fvckers usually work in pairs at the very least where one person distracts you and the other one robs you.
oh yah no doubt there was another, he was a ****in magician though, in a big open plaza in broad daylight I didn't see the other guy