Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

BE CAREFUL When Cold Approaching

JamesonGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of you guys may have never had violence as an issue cold approaching, but I just want to give a warning to everyone based on my experience. The normal advice and which I think usually works great is to warm up and talk to everyone, be social with all the strangers around you, but you must still must have major caution, whenever talking to strangers. This is especially important when going out and gaming in South America, where I am. Recently when I went out, started greeting strangers, and spreading out positive vibes, it was going great, getting social getting out of my head. I took a break in a public plaza in broad daylight with people around. A young man came up to me and I greeted him as usual and said whats up, thinking it's just another guy that's interested in talking to a foreigner or is going to ask for a handout. He wanted to show me something on his phone. As I looked at the phone I immediately noticed my backpack had disappeared, I looked back at him, then grabbed him, but lost my grip as he took off. I then proceeded to eat **** on the cement ground as I lost my grip on him, and severely busted my hip and still can't walk for many days now.

I just want to write all this because I think it's a topic no one ever really talks about with game, and meeting strangers in general. It can be quite dangerous if your not constantly scanning your environment. I should have known to tell this guy to step back as soon as I saw him coming towards me. I guess this is the reason people are so afraid of cold approach, meeting strangers in general. Evolutionary it was risky and dangerous, and it still can be in modern society. But, with all this said, the solution isn't to stop meeting new people and new girls, just to be cautions, always scan your environment and make sure your safe. Don't engage with people who look ****ed up. If any of you have any stories of violence or danger when out I'd like to hear it. Stay safe out there, peace

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of you guys may have never had violence as an issue cold approaching, but I just want to give a warning to everyone based on my experience. The normal advice and which I think usually works great is to warm up and talk to everyone, be social with all the strangers around you, but you must still must have major caution, whenever talking to strangers. This is especially important when going out and gaming in South America, where I am. Recently when I went out, started greeting strangers, and spreading out positive vibes, it was going great, getting social getting out of my head. I took a break in a public plaza in broad daylight with people around. A young man came up to me and I greeted him as usual and said whats up, thinking it's just another guy that's interested in talking to a foreigner or is going to ask for a handout. He wanted to show me something on his phone. As I looked at the phone I immediately noticed my backpack had disappeared, I looked back at him, then grabbed him, but lost my grip as he took off. I then proceeded to eat **** on the cement ground as I lost my grip on him, and severely busted my hip and still can't walk for many days now.

I just want to write all this because I think it's a topic no one ever really talks about with game, and meeting strangers in general. It can be quite dangerous if your not constantly scanning your environment. I should have known to tell this guy to step back as soon as I saw him coming towards me. I guess this is the reason people are so afraid of cold approach, meeting strangers in general. Evolutionary it was risky and dangerous, and it still can be in modern society. But, with all this said, the solution isn't to stop meeting new people and new girls, just to be cautions, always scan your environment and make sure your safe. Don't engage with people who look ****ed up. If any of you have any stories of violence or danger when out I'd like to hear it. Stay safe out there, peace
We completely agree with you. Your safety aka survival always comes first. Especially when traveling where you do not know the norms or customs, etc.

Thanks for the reminder!

Modern Man Advice

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
You don't want to be paranoid when traveling, nor do you want the other extreme of a happy-go-lucky chappy open to all experiences and "living his best life" (makes me want to puke when I hear that) with no boundaries.

Do adopt a healthy dose of cynicism as a default setting.

A young man came up to me and I greeted him as usual and said whats up, thinking it's just another guy that's interested in talking to a foreigner
Highly unlikely. Lose that idea.

When travel or thieving starts to wear on you you'll start saying "oh what does this cvnt want" instead. This will put you on guard instead of being too open.

is going to ask for a handout.
Yes more likely in the likes of south america / Cuba. They'll ask you for something small /insignificant at first (using the law of compliance to get you to do a small favor ) and then the requests will get bigger.

He wanted to show me something on his phone.
A lot of snatch and grab thieves use distraction methods. Keep frame, don't follow someone else's reality. They react to you, don't react to them. Then again, lucky there was no weapons involved.

I take it you speak Spanish if you are talking to every mother and her brother?

JamesonGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't want to be paranoid when traveling, nor do you want the other extreme of a happy-go-lucky chappy open to all experiences and "living his best life" (makes me want to puke when I hear that) with no boundaries.

Do adopt a healthy dose of cynicism as a default setting.

Highly unlikely. Lose that idea.

When travel or thieving starts to wear on you you'll start saying "oh what does this cvnt want" instead. This will put you on guard instead of being too open.

Yes more likely in the likes of south america / Cuba. They'll ask you for something small /insignificant at first (using the law of compliance to get you to do a small favor ) and then the requests will get bigger.

A lot of snatch and grab thieves use distraction methods. Keep frame, don't follow someone else's reality. They react to you, don't react to them. Then again, lucky there was no weapons involved.

I take it you speak Spanish if you are talking to every mother and her brother?
Awesome reply, agree with everything, never lived in really a dangerous area, but now I know better. It won't happen again that's for sure, not the same way. Luckily I didn't get stabbed or anything

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'll do you one better. I was out with this chick in Brazil that I met on the plane. She was, at least I thought, super into me. She picked me up in a hummer and we parked it at the backwater hotel I was staying at. We went out just the two of us to get some drinks at a bar near my place. I don't know what happened but she suddenly dissapeared into the crowd. I went all over the place looking for her and calling her name. After an hour or two, couldn't find her so I went home. She was waiting in the hotel lobby crying hysterically. As soon as I walked up to her she started screaming at me "You left me, You left me!". I was like... "listen, calm down, I'm sorry". She says "I have NEVER walked on a sidewalk before! You left me to die! Do you know who I am!?!?!? My father is LAWYERX and my boyfriend DUDEX will come find you!" and she left. I didn't know she had a bf and I had no idea who the hell her father or bf was, I figured she was just a nutty patricinha. So she leaves and I call my friend and tell him and he's like "GTFO NOW!!! YOU JUST WENT OUT WITH CAMILLA X her dad works for the govt and her boyfriend is some famous narco"

I'm like nah, man it's whatever, it'll be fine.

That night I'm awakened by POUNDING on my door and some dudes yelling. Holy **** I've never been so scared in my life. The pounding and yelling went on for 30 minutes and they were literally trying to kick down the door. I went quiet, slid off the bed and hid underneath and pulled the covers down so they sort of covered the bottom and started praying.

Eventually they went away I guess, but I didn't leave the room for a day or two just to make sure. I found another place the next day.

Be careful out there guys, you never know who you are dating.

JamesonGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll do you one better. I was out with this chick in Brazil that I met on the plane. She was, at least I thought, super into me. She picked me up in a hummer and we parked it at the backwater hotel I was staying at. We went out just the two of us to get some drinks at a bar near my place. I don't know what happened but she suddenly dissapeared into the crowd. I went all over the place looking for her and calling her name. After an hour or two, couldn't find her so I went home. She was waiting in the hotel lobby crying hysterically. As soon as I walked up to her she started screaming at me "You left me, You left me!". I was like... "listen, calm down, I'm sorry". She says "I have NEVER walked on a sidewalk before! You left me to die! Do you know who I am!?!?!? My father is LAWYERX and my boyfriend DUDEX will come find you!" and she left. I didn't know she had a bf and I had no idea who the hell her father or bf was, I figured she was just a nutty patricinha. So she leaves and I call my friend and tell him and he's like "GTFO NOW!!! YOU JUST WENT OUT WITH CAMILLA X her dad works for the govt and her boyfriend is some famous narco"

I'm like nah, man it's whatever, it'll be fine.

That night I'm awakened by POUNDING on my door and some dudes yelling. Holy **** I've never been so scared in my life. The pounding and yelling went on for 30 minutes and they were literally trying to kick down the door. I went quiet, slid off the bed and hid underneath and pulled the covers down so they sort of covered the bottom and started praying.

Eventually they went away I guess, but I didn't leave the room for a day or two just to make sure. I found another place the next day.

Be careful out there guys, you never know who you are dating.
God damn man that is some heavy ****, unfortunate you had to go through that. I guess the moral of the story is as men we should be just as cautious when dealing with any woman as with anyone. Sounds like a red flag, picking you up in a hummer, where is she getting all this money. Maybe as men we should be the ones giving more **** test to the women, before choosing to engage with them further, see how they react, if their overly emotional and immature. Easier said than done though, but stay strong, most of these women unfortunately are ****ing crazy and immature

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I have heard stories in a lot of these poor foreign countries about how they trick people into things so they can either steal from them or rob them...including in India where groups of kids will literally surround you and won't let you move until you give them money.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God damn man that is some heavy ****, unfortunate you had to go through that. I guess the moral of the story is as men we should be just as cautious when dealing with any woman as with anyone. Sounds like a red flag, picking you up in a hummer, where is she getting all this money. Maybe as men we should be the ones giving more **** test to the women, before choosing to engage with them further, see how they react, if their overly emotional and immature. Easier said than done though, but stay strong, most of these women unfortunately are ****ing crazy and immature
I was in my twenties and stupid asf. My mother was an in-charge for Air Canada so I got to sit in first class when there were extra seats, that's how I met her. It was a good lesson... the 3rd world is a great place to acquire all the character building stuff you miss out on in the 1st. In Brazil...at least in the capital cities, the rich fly from building to building in helicopters. When I was going down, like 18 years ago, no one stopped at red lights at night or you'd have someone pointing a gun in your face. Dunno what its like now.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you gotta be careful,their is a famous scam whats happened to me in our local supermarket car park,2 gorgeous girls approach you,and offer to help put your shopping in the car,then,they start kissing,and offer to get in the back seat,strip off and "put on a show" for you,afterwards,one of the girls gets in the front,asks you to take your jacket and trousers off and gives you a hand job! Whilst you are distracted,the other girl rifles your pocket and steals your wallet...before you know what happens,they are gone! be careful guys,I fell for this scam on Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Saturday,and twice on Sunday

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think this idea that you should 'be social with everyone when gaming' is total bullsh*t, and is one of the most idiotic theories that came from PUAs.

When I go out to approach women, I'm not interested in 'being social with everyone'. I'm totally focused on looking for women and approaching them. Like lazer focused. All this 'being social with everyone' is unnecessary and distracts your focus from hunting for women.

The scenario you present wouldn't have happened to me, because if random guys try to talk to me while I'm out looking for women, I politely and swiftly brush them off.

I DO agree that we need to be careful out there, though, but it's not something I worry too much about. I DO agree there are some mental case women out there too, and unfortunately you'll meet a lot of them in this game when you're playing the numbers on masse. Lord knows, I've met my fair share of them. I might write a post about them sometime.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course there's risks with being social, but the benefits outweigh the costs if you know how to leverage it.
'The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere-everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from-it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people, find allies, mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd...'

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

South America is about 10x as dangerous as Europe or North America. You have to be very careful over there about where you go and who you get involved with. I say this as someone that has lived there and traveled all over the continent.

JamesonGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this idea that you should 'be social with everyone when gaming' is total bullsh*t, and is one of the most idiotic theories that came from PUAs.

When I go out to approach women, I'm not interested in 'being social with everyone'. I'm totally focused on looking for women and approaching them. Like lazer focused. All this 'being social with everyone' is unnecessary and distracts your focus from hunting for women.

The scenario you present wouldn't have happened to me, because if random guys try to talk to me while I'm out looking for women, I politely and swiftly brush them off.

I DO agree that we need to be careful out there, though, but it's not something I worry too much about. I DO agree there are some mental case women out there too, and unfortunately you'll meet a lot of them in this game when you're playing the numbers on masse. Lord knows, I've met my fair share of them. I might write a post about them sometime.
I agree with you, just for someone like me with little experience cold approaching and a lot of past social anxiety, briefly greeting other people in passing seems to seriously help me loosen up and feel comfortable actually talking to women I'm attracted to.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's got not much to do with cold approaching.

And more so to do with getting scammed by criminals.

They'd just a soon steal from a dude taking pictures as a guy doing warm up drills.

Once I was in a bar in Mexico, talking to a friend.

The waiter brought out drinks, I turned to hand him a $20 then turned back to continue the conversation.

Then I looked at the dude again, and he'd swapped out my $20 for a $1, and acted like that's all I gave him, wanting more.

I told my friend what had happened after the waiter left and my friend thought it was the funniest thing ever.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gotta use common sense. Esp over seas. No dark alleys or going with strangers. I am more inclined to pull her then go with in 3rd world countries.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Of course there's risks with being social, but the benefits outweigh the costs if you know how to leverage it.
'The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere-everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from-it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people, find allies, mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd...'
my Dad said something similar before. Where's that quote from?

Max Baker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you gotta be careful,their is a famous scam whats happened to me in our local supermarket car park,2 gorgeous girls approach you,and offer to help put your shopping in the car,then,they start kissing,and offer to get in the back seat,strip off and "put on a show" for you,afterwards,one of the girls gets in the front,asks you to take your jacket and trousers off and gives you a hand job! Whilst you are distracted,the other girl rifles your pocket and steals your wallet...before you know what happens,they are gone! be careful guys,I fell for this scam on Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Saturday,and twice on Sunday
There goes semen retention!

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
my Dad said something similar before. Where's that quote from?
The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene.

Law 18: Do not build fortresses to protect yourself-isolation is dangerous.

Probably more relevant pertaining to one's regular social circle and career. The Prince's kingdom and court.

Backpacking in south America, you are not really going to isolate yourself. I would recommend insulating yourself from the half-wits, drunks, druggies, (gentusa en general)

I kind of agree with Tate's view on the likes of people who (not all but a lot) backpack to the likes of Thailand (and South America) you don't want to become infected with their poisoned mentality...

So perhaps...

Law 10: infection: avoid the unhappy and unlucky.

Watch your drink (be it agua or an alcoholic beverage) at all times (I don't mean stare at it like a lunatic, just don't let it out of your sight) as slipping a mickey in your drink and being relieved of your possessions (and maybe more) is something you would want to avoid.