Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Be a Man!

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
T
-Seeks to solve problems then to place blame.

If there is a problem, you solve it. You do not go, "Oh, BOO HOO! This was because of HIM." A woman naturally wants a guy who deals with problems, not pass them along. (Would you want that in your woman? Of course not!)

When a women tells you her problems and what not, she DOES NOT want you to solve it. She wants you to sympatize. Solving other problems that don't pertain her, while she notices would be better.

beshaman

Reaction score
nice post, plain and simple a man is someone who knows himself and doesn't doubt that

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As I'm aware, it seems Pook has established himself as the prophet who cries out with wisdom from the desert. I can only admire the depth of... profound... simplicity.

One concept I've used in my life, that has failed me to no end, is the analogy of life being on two different (but very much the same) polarities, both fighting for the same end, yet so different as to be questionable in it's application. And it is this:

Life is either the most gruesome war fought, or it's the most passionate love-making ever experienced. It is moved to and fro only by the courageous and valiant struggle to overcome and win the fight with death as the ultimate sacrifice... or it is the ecstatic bliss, the sensual depth of love unsheathed, unblemished, unashamed, expressed in it's full glory for the world to see. Thus, you are either standing alone, wounded on all sides, yet still, with the last ounce of energy left, staking your flag, your identity, your pride, your purpose in life, on the muddy ground of the battlefield... or, you're bare naked, sweaty, breathing heavily, loving, licking, sucking, caressing, and, ultimately, ****ing the **** out of that gorgeous woman of your dreams like you would never **** her again, expressing ALL you are into every stroke and penetration into her, as if it'd be your last...

This, to me, is what it means to be a man...

To stand with unmet courage, in the face of sheer adversity, in the middle of all hell... with fists raised, heart aroused, and balls to the ****in wall.

Or... to PENETRATE the world with all that you are, with no care, no insecurity, no shame to anything else. All that you are, at that very moment, is a ball of fire, an unquenchable flame, a beast of desire with which no thing, no circumstance, no code of conduct can restrain.

You are, at this very moment... a MAN.

Peace.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Cruise said:
Life is either the most gruesome war fought, or it's the most passionate love-making ever experienced.
Why are you implying that it's either one or the other? Being a man is both. It's the same process backed by the same principles, just expressed through different planes.

The greatest fighters are always the greatest lovers.

A lot of seduction artists are poor lovers. Even though they may sleep with many women, the feedback from the women always comes out:

"Since he's been with so many women and has so much experience, I thought he would be good in bed. But he was ackward and quick! ... and not something worth repeating."

Pick-up Artists don't know how to fight because they rely on calculation. But men who fight, align themselves with nature to free themselves. They understand that's the only choice to true freedom.

Passion in life translates directly into its romantic equivalent. But having no passion for oneself and one's life will also translate in the bedroom accordingly.

The best way to be successful with women is to be successful with ourselves. The best way to increase our attractiveness is to overcome our adversities... if you're pursuing long-term satisfaction and desire -- rather than a quick-fix.

Fight for life, and love will begin to fight for you. But pursue love at the expense of life, and both will stab you in the back.

The choice is not between life or love. The choice is between life and love... or nothing.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
George Gordon said:
Why are you implying that it's either one or the other? Being a man is both]. It's the same process backed by the same principles, just expressed through different planes.

The greatest fighters are always the greatest lovers.

But you're only reiterating what I just said... :rockon:

Thanks for the disacknowledgement though...

aussiegoat55

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bashful

The one who decided to "stand up" and criticize pook. The one here with an independent thought instead of the idolizing sheep saying "yes, yes, oh what a genius, we love you Pook". That should be another trait of a what a man has, non conformity and independent thought.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aussiegoat55 said:
Bashful

The one who decided to "stand up" and criticize pook. The one here with an independent thought instead of the idolizing sheep saying "yes, yes, oh what a genius, we love you Pook". That should be another trait of a what a man has, non conformity and independent thought.
I went to take a look back at Bashful's argument... It is littered with many false assumptions and fallacies. Then, when you get to the core of what he is saying, it is actually in agreement with Pook's post. Non-conformity in certain situations is great. But to be non-conforming just for the sake of being non-conforming is a waste.

Magellanic

Reaction score
There are only a few parts in this article that I agree with, but not many. Kindness is not a flaw, it is not a weakness, it is not a crutch. It is an advancement; it is a trait that proves that (some) men have successfully evolved beyond the personal egotistical need to "impress" a lady with their so-called "manliness".

A real man CAN be kind. A real man CAN be compassionate. A real man CAN be caring.

I have cried sad tears. I am still a man. I have devoted more of my life at a point to a single girl. I am still a man. I have listened, cared, and responded in kindness to those in need. I am still very much a man. I truly feel closer to the meaning of the word "love", and I am still a man. I feel no desire to impress anyone and show off, yet I still am a man. I do not command the respect of others, I earn it. And I am still a man. I truly fear hurting others through my actions, so I tread carefully. And I still don't feel any less of a man. :rockon:

Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is a beautiful piece of writing

The Zen Energy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll take bashful's distorted reasoning , and pook's honest advice, and make my own guidelines....while it's true that you should be yourself, but how bout not being AFRAID to be yourself, that's what a man is all about, the rugged charm, the fearless humor, and the fact that he isn't scared to deal with his consequenses, but by adding the fearless humor, he destroys his obstacles and you see a grin like he's come out of the best lay he's ever given and received.
Let's face it, too many people argue that one way is right, and another way is wrong, but for a man that sees this world in black and white, and sometimes a shade of grey, I say that there is no actual answer to our actions, Because the actions have already been displayed.

The Zen Energy

Don Juan
Reaction score
um, that post should be deleted, sorry, wrong thread.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bashful

No, he's just an excusing tool who failed to catch the essence of all of Pook's posts.
A Man is not defined by his gender, but defined by his Sexuality.
You can be male and have no sexuality, live a worthless life with zero ambition, no women and die.

Just being yourself isn't going to cut it if you want to be a Man, you have to get on a path of constant improvement, growth, enjoyment and most importantly in this area: Sexuality.

greenpeace937

Reaction score
Wish I had read this post earlier. Explains some of my past failed relationships.

Green Peace

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I listened to the song 'Stronger Than Me' of Amy Winehouse and it immediately reminded me of this great post of Pook. Amy describes a relationship with a guy who is definitely not – as Pook would say – in tune with his masculinity. And it bothers the hell out of Amy! Here are the lyrics:

AMY WINEHOUSE
Stronger Than Me

You should be stronger than me
You've been here 7 years longer than me
Don't you know you're supposed to be the man,
Not pal in comparison to who you think I am,

You always wanna talk it through - I don't care!
I always have to comfort you when I'm there
But that's what I need you to do - stroke my hair!

Cos' I've forgotten all of young love's joy,
Feel like a lady, but you my lady boy,

You should be stronger than me,
But instead you're longer than frozen turkey,
Why'd you always put me in control?
All I need is for my man to live up to his role,
Always wanna talk it through- I'm ok,
Always have to comfort you every day,
But that's what I need you to do - are you gay?

Cause I've forgotten all of young love's joy
Feel like a lady, and you my lady boy

He said 'the respect I made you earn -
Thought you had so many lessons to learn'
I said 'You don't know what love is - get a grip!' -
Sounds as if you're reading from some other tired script

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime
I just wanna rip your body over mine
So tell me why you think that's a crime

I've forgotten all of young love's joy
Feel like a lady, and you my lady boy

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the post that brought me to sosuave. I was linked to this thread from askmen. I bookmared this and read it from time to time. It took me about six months to figure out that there is an entire forum! :crazy:

Thanks for bumping this.

yaynyppys!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing

This post is absolutely amazing!!!! It makes sense.. everything it's saying is hardwired in us.