Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Basic Flirting Moves?

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading an article on the SS homepage titled "You Must Initiate Everything With a Woman," and I came across the words "...do the basic flirting moves."

Here's the article: http://www.sosuave.com/rondavid/succeed55.htm

I'm far from an expert in flirting techniques. Hell I don't even know what defines flirting.
I'd like some help breaking it down, not just for me but for everyone who's clueless to how flirting can be used to its full potential.

C+F, kino and teasing are the only things I can think of.

I want to raise two questions about flirting:
1. What did the author mean by "basic flirting moves?"
2. When do you know that your flirting is successful and you're doing the right thing?/When do you know you're doing the wrong thing?

It's probably real basic stuff to you guys who have frequently practiced it, so I expect some helpful feedback.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll help, and this is a page from Entropy's ebook but it's the truth

Flirting is breaking rapport in a fun way. C&F, teasing, saying "I hate you" with a coy smile, playfully pushing the girl away, etc all take the rapport that's already there and break it in a fun way. The biggest way people mess up with flirting is when they have no rapport to begin with. You can't break something you don't have

I'd go into more detail but you can find all of it if you google Entropy and PUA

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off all. That is a great article. I think that it's topic is more important than the question you asked, but I digress.

To me flirting is teasing, playful touching, being a little mean and just joking around with.

The most important thing about flirting is that it should be fun.

BTW ready123, since you mentioned Entropy, any chance you were at the Casanove Crew seminar where Entropy and Doc Hollywood talked?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flirting is pretty much any playful teasing or touching. Try reading the Jerk versus Nice Guy and Touching sections of the DJ bible. There's a ton of great examples.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
BTW ready123, since you mentioned Entropy, any chance you were at the Casanove Crew seminar where Entropy and Doc Hollywood talked?
nah I wasn't there man. how was it?

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
I'll help, and this is a page from Entropy's ebook but it's the truth

Flirting is breaking rapport in a fun way. C&F, teasing, saying "I hate you" with a coy smile, playfully pushing the girl away, etc all take the rapport that's already there and break it in a fun way. The biggest way people mess up with flirting is when they have no rapport to begin with. You can't break something you don't have

I'd go into more detail but you can find all of it if you google Entropy and PUA
Hah, I do this all the times with girls, not even knowing that I am flirting. Wow, no wonder they love it and keep coming back for more. Not only with the hot girls, but the average looking ones too.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
nah I wasn't there man. how was it?
Heh somebody at one of the meetings knew me from Sosuave since I use the same handle over there so I thought it might have been you.

The talk was very informative. They covered a range range of tactics on flirting, sticking points and day 2's.

Since you're in SoCal you might want to check out the CC.

Hmm my 2,000th post. I've been a member for 5 years and have 2,000 posts....

This is a time of reflection.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
This is a time of reflection.
This is your reflection:
Less posting, more picking up

:p

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
This is your reflection:
Less posting, more picking up

:p
That's basically what I mean. So many posts, so little progress.

Getting back on topic, flirting can be difficult if you're not used to it. You also have to be in the correct frame of mind for it to even happen. I had a couple of opportunities with some girls in my dance class but I just wasn't able to go into flirting mode. I think I may have been too focused on not trying to screw up the moves.

Reaction score
Haha well I don't really know the difference between flirting and talking. Smile, tease, and have a good time. And touch. Get to know the other person. That's it.

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always think flirting is more sensual touching. Like stroking her back, back of her neck, stomach, arms, etc...

Playful hitting is how girls flirt. Men flirt by doing what I implied above.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting...I'm trying to create a frame where I can understand how to build attraction.

So far, I've gathered that flirting is:

Being playful, touching/kino, teasing, C+F, joking/sarcasm, breaking rapport.

I have a few questions but I want to start with - What's breaking rapport mean?
How much rapport do you need in order to break it? Why do you want to break it; what does that do? If you were trying to break rapport, how exactly would you plan to accomplish this?

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Breaking rapport is basically showing you have your own identity and personality.. Not always agreeing with girls, having your own set of values and maintaining confidence in everything you do. Also, no matter how much you like a girl never let her know how much. You have to maintain the frame that you don't need her in your life to be happy.

This doesn't mean be an a$$hole and always disagree with her, it just means to have a strong frame and don't let her intimidate you no matter how hot the girls are.

Best thing to do is mix it up. Establish some rapport and if you share common interests with the girls, fine. But you also have to demonstrate that you have your own personality too.

Example..

Her: I love corn flakes!
You: Ugh corn flakes? I prefer cheerios.

Something like that

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. There are so many PUA's in the community, I stopped keeping track of names before the Game came out. Now I just read up on the stuff that resonates with me, which is just stuff from TD, Entropy, and a PUA called Halffull that nobody's heard about who runs connection game similar to mine.

OP, here's a link to an article on Entropy's blog that has a small section explaining flirting.

Also rapport is not a quantity. She's either with you in the moment or she's not. You either have rapport in the moment or you don't.

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Touch her hair!! It turns girls on so much you do not even know. Neck and ears work great also. Of course only do this when you've known the girl for a while and are already building with the kino. This is the stuff that pulls out all the stops. (She'll think about you sexually, you'll most likely be warming her up for a kiss). Try to bring it up casual, compliment her on her hair (color, curliness, straightness). They don't spend hours on it for nothing. Don't sound gay when you're doing it tho, you shouldn't know too much about hair if you're not hetero or gay.