bad humor?

pbguru

Don Juan
Reaction score
is self-depricating humor a bad thing? i feel that i have a conan obrian sense of humor...but im afraid it portrays weakness (even tho the girls are laughing with me), am i right on this?

and if its bad...how can i stop?

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are laughing at you, not with you. Stop doing that!

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
avoid

I would say avoid it! Once in a while I'll make a joke that almost falls into the category, and think about it later. If you don't respect yourself, how can you expect a girl to do so?

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on your personality. For most, it looks like you're trying to get pity. I have the personality where I can pull off the "I'm fat and ugly and stupid and nobody likes me" jokes. They key is being confident.

Aisle55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being self-deprecating and confident is basically another form of c&f. Bad humor is saying you like 'tall ugly' girls. Man, did I get a bad response from that one haha. Oh well, lesson learned!

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This kind of humor is bad only if you're refering to things that are actually true. If you're jokingly whining about being skinny when you've really got a 6 pack and huge muscles then its good, but if you weigh 100lbs then its bad.

pbguru

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats where its weird: im 6'1 175 lbs, and in pretty good shape

i was joking about me being a wimp, which im not (she knows i play tournament paintball so i basically get bruises and welts for fun) and she tells me later it was a turn-off

but luckily we broke up so i dont have to deal with her not knowing when i joke, although its easy to tell with my laughing and stuff

im still gonna try and eliminate it, cause i think its just as easy to replace it with something ****y

and i just realised she was the only girl of 3 that im dating where i actually use that kind of humor, but thanks anyhow