"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

bad humor?

pbguru

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Orlando, Florida
is self-depricating humor a bad thing? i feel that i have a conan obrian sense of humor...but im afraid it portrays weakness (even tho the girls are laughing with me), am i right on this?

and if its bad...how can i stop?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Drex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
568
Reaction score
0
They are laughing at you, not with you. Stop doing that!
 

1hepcat

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
avoid

I would say avoid it! Once in a while I'll make a joke that almost falls into the category, and think about it later. If you don't respect yourself, how can you expect a girl to do so?
 

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Age
43
It all depends on your personality. For most, it looks like you're trying to get pity. I have the personality where I can pull off the "I'm fat and ugly and stupid and nobody likes me" jokes. They key is being confident.
 

Aisle55

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Being self-deprecating and confident is basically another form of c&f. Bad humor is saying you like 'tall ugly' girls. Man, did I get a bad response from that one haha. Oh well, lesson learned!
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
This kind of humor is bad only if you're refering to things that are actually true. If you're jokingly whining about being skinny when you've really got a 6 pack and huge muscles then its good, but if you weigh 100lbs then its bad.
 

pbguru

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Orlando, Florida
thats where its weird: im 6'1 175 lbs, and in pretty good shape

i was joking about me being a wimp, which im not (she knows i play tournament paintball so i basically get bruises and welts for fun) and she tells me later it was a turn-off

but luckily we broke up so i dont have to deal with her not knowing when i joke, although its easy to tell with my laughing and stuff

im still gonna try and eliminate it, cause i think its just as easy to replace it with something ****y

and i just realised she was the only girl of 3 that im dating where i actually use that kind of humor, but thanks anyhow
 
Top