Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Axe. Product of the AFCs.

Rick

Don Juan
Reaction score
If there's one thing I'm really despising on television for awhile now, it's those mis-leading commercials about the AXE spray and deodorants.

A buddy of mine was involved at a sports camp thing over the summer and he noticed that a bunch of these young teenagers were grabbing out their AXE sprays and spraying themselves so they were pretty much drenched in the scent and assuming girls would be falling at their knees.

Of course that may just be a completely crazy case, but in general I hear a lot of sad advice from AFCs like wear axe and 'you can get piece from girls easily'.

This is quite possibly one of the biggest marketing schemes I've ever seen on television to warp AFCs minds.

What do you guys think of the whole Axe spray/deodorant product?

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its funny.
As most types of entertainment, many people take (entertainment) too seriously.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theres some new sh1t called "TAG" being marketed with the same concept as axe.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
theres some new sh1t called "TAG" being marketed with the same concept as axe.
yea...i saw that one too, the first thing that came to my mind was, wtf?

But apparently TAG has a more straightforward marketing concept compared to AXE.

TAG uses direct message marketing = women will swarm you if you wear this.

AXE uses indirect message marketing = women will want you....(but shown more indirectly)

it's the marketing that's causing this, axe is no different than any other body spray/deodorant. Even my friend's sister said some axe smells good and some smells bad.

steveoo5

Don Juan
Reaction score
If anyone takes any of those commercials seriously they they are idiots. thats like thinking frogs like beer or something, just retarded.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: ..Canadians..

joke..lol.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its a cheapass scent so kid's parents don't know theyve been smoking.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Axe because I get it cheap, and Voodoo is the best damn bodyspray I've ever smelled. The Axe Effect wouldn't hurt though, but I'm not getting my hopes up :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say stay away from any mass advertised cologne, body spray or even clothing. You'll end up smelling and dressing like everyone else if you go down that road.

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phantasmal
Axe is pretty bad, but BOD is worse. One of the scents is called "Ripped Abs."

I believe it's called "really ripped abs".

Also, that stuff works. How do you think I met my 7th husband? He walked by wearing that stuff and I was soon putty in his hands. It's was the first time I'd ever been so attracted to an 800 lbs man with no nose; I blame AXE :)

P.S. It's a commercial. Get over it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my 11 yr old son uses axe and bod... but like i said, hes 11.

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
my 11 yr old son uses axe and bod... but like i said, hes 11.
Damn, you're 27 and you have an 11 year old son?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*sigh*

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I say stay away from any mass advertised cologne, body spray or even clothing. You'll end up smelling and dressing like everyone else if you go down that road.
This is how i think too... And personally, I prefer to keep away from cheap/common products like AXE etc... And I also dont like having only one Deoderant, i like to change, so i have about 8 different deoderants which i wear at different times. I have 2 AXE deoderants though, but i only use those for normall everyday things, NOT for when i go out. And yes, those adverts ARE missleading and unfortunatelly there are some guys out there that give in to all of that rubbish. I buy something because it smells good AND different, not because it will make chicks "attracted to me", Thats what my DJ skillz do;)

Laterz...

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
You North Americans are getting it all wrong.

In the UK Axe is called Lynx.

Same scents and bottles, same adverts.

It is the Lynx effect not the axe effect.

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Axe and Bod and I don't know any better. I seem to have a terrible sense of smell and I feel pretty indifferent about all these body sprays. But girls have told me I smell good when I wear it, thus I wear it.

They are kind of pricey, if there is a cheaper way to smell good then let me know.