Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Awesome article about the best cities for young people nowadays

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ehh.. that list is poor IMO. Chicago at #2 yeah right.
I was surprised about the Chicago and virginia ranking but the fact of the matter is we're talking about young people starting off in their lives not baby boomers are retirees so I can see how Chicago be ranked on that list

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was surprised about the Chicago and virginia ranking but the fact of the matter is we're talking about young people starting off in their lives not baby boomers are retirees so I can see how Chicago be ranked on that list
Chicago being higher than NYC and Miami just kills the credibility to me. Chicago is a nice city aesthetically but has a lot of issues. I guess if you are a young person from the Midwest and really want ti stay there… but #2 best in the USA? LOL

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bloody Americans, you know other countries have cities too?
Probably less likely to get shot in those.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicago being higher than NYC and Miami just kills the credibility to me. Chicago is a nice city aesthetically but has a lot of issues. I guess if you are a young person from the Midwest and really want ti stay there… but #2 best in the USA? LOL
Having stayed in both cities, including NYC for years, Chicago is by far the superior option to NYC when it comes to living. Just walk around and the streets are a lot cleaner, no more having to deal with rats running across every block you walk on. Chicago smells better and is a lot cleaner. It is like NYC without the constant misery and the daily grind that makes people moody whenever you hop on a rat and homeless drug addict infested subway.

IMO, NYC is slowly declining as a city in many ways and might culturally lose its influence to the likes of San Francisco in the future.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having stayed in both cities, including NYC for years, Chicago is by far the superior option to NYC when it comes to living. Just walk around and the streets are a lot cleaner, no more having to deal with rats running across every block you walk on. Chicago smells better and is a lot cleaner. It is like NYC without the constant misery and the daily grind that makes people moody whenever you hop on a rat and homeless drug addict infested subway.
I’ve also spent time in both. Chicago being “cleaner” does not equate for being a better city for young people. No offense but your post is extremely biased.

Compared to NYC, Chicago has significantly higher crime, more severe climate, weaker job market, less developed public transit system, smaller nightlife scene, and it’s less diverse (manifests itself in demographics and food). I personally like Chicago, however saying it is the second best city in the US for young people is just total horse shvt.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve also spent time in both. Chicago being “cleaner” does not equate for being a better city for young people. No offense but your post is extremely biased.

Compared to NYC, Chicago has significantly higher crime, more severe climate, weaker job market, less developed public transit system, smaller nightlife scene, and it’s less diverse (manifests itself in demographics and food). I personally like Chicago, however saying it is the second best city in the US for young people is just total horse shvt.
Cleaner is better for anyone, who in their right mind would want to walk through smells of radioactive waste that get stronger in the summer in Manhattan? As for the crime, it is very focused on the Southside and poorer parts of Chicago and let's not pretend that NYC is a safe haven anymore. Crimes are constantly on the rise in the city as thugs easily get out of prison and commit the same crimes on subways, this is not happening in the Bronx, it is happening in places like Union Square!

For a city its size, Chicago owns NYC but it just seems like NYC is better because it has so many people in it. This is not to even mention that real estate and rent is far more affordable in Chicago than it is in NYC.

Chicago beats NYC in quality of life every which way and if someone can find a job there (which I agree with you, is tough depending on industry), it is a far better option.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cleaner is better for anyone, who in their right mind would want to walk through smells of radioactive waste that get stronger in the summer in Manhattan? As for the crime, it is very focused on the Southside and poorer parts of Chicago and let's not pretend that NYC is a safe haven anymore. Crimes are constantly on the rise in the city as thugs easily get out of prison and commit the same crimes on subways, this is not happening in the Bronx, it is happening in places like Union Square!

For a city its size, Chicago owns NYC but it just seems like NYC is better because it has so many people in it. This is not to even mention that real estate and rent is far more affordable in Chicago than it is in NYC.

Chicago beats NYC in quality of life every which way and if someone can find a job there (which I agree with you, is tough depending on industry), it is a far better option.
The crime and job market is not comparable. You can research the stats. Also, young people tend to care about nightlife, diversity, and to some extent climate. Few people outside of the Midwest pack up and move to Chicago. NYC gets transplants from all over, including Chicago. The winters are just that terrible in Chi-town.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The crime and job market is not comparable. You can research the stats. Also, young people tend to care about nightlife, diversity, and to some extent climate. Few people outside of the Midwest pack up and move to Chicago. NYC gets transplants from all over, including Chicago. The winters are just that terrible in Chi-town.
NYC's rise in crime is indeed comparable to that of any major city, when you have to fear being pushed right into a subway track and when it is one of the leading topics for the governor's race which has gotten Zeldin in a tie in the polls with a Democrat incumbent? Yeah it's an issue. As for nightlife, for a city its size Chicago has a stellar nightlife. Diversity? Plenty of it in Chicago as well and I prefer the real diversity of Chicago as opposed to the SILOED immigrant "stick to yer own kind" mindset that pervades in NYC.

IMO, if people cannot afford Manhattan (which very few can), there is zero reason to move to NYC.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC's rise in crime is indeed comparable to that of any major city, when you have to fear being pushed right into a subway track and when it is one of the leading topics for the governor's race which has gotten Zeldin in a tie in the polls with a Democrat incumbent? Yeah it's an issue. As for nightlife, for a city its size Chicago has a stellar nightlife. Diversity? Plenty of it in Chicago as well and I prefer the real diversity of Chicago as opposed to the SILOED immigrant "stick to yer own kind" mindset that pervades in NYC.

IMO, if people cannot afford Manhattan (which very few can), there is zero reason to move to NYC.
Biased. Your post reeks of bias. The OP’s list isn’t that credible. Any list that has Chicago as #2- ahead of NYC, Miami, Southern California, Atlanta, Houston, and Washington DC is capping. Chicago is cool but you just don’t find young people from other regions of the US moving there at rates compared to the cities I just listed.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Biased. Your post reeks of bias. The OP’s list isn’t that credible. Any list that has Chicago as #2- ahead of NYC, Miami, Southern California, Atlanta, Houston, and Washington DC is capping. Chicago is cool but you just don’t find young people from other regions of the US moving there at rates compared to the cities I just listed.
I lived in NYC for years, it's my favorite and least favorite city at the same time but I will address your other point since you hate it when I criticize the city :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Going about the other cities such as Miami. The rent prices have skyrocketed during the pandemic in this city, you'll be paying over 2k for a studio if you want to live in any part that has anything fun to do. Some may consider 2 high for Chicago but having visited, I could understand why it was ranked so highly. The amount of parks and the fact that you have a clean enough beach in the city itself was worth it IMO.

I do agree with you that the job market is not as good as NYC and the winters can be brutal but for a city its size, Chicago is not in any way a bad place and its rent prices are quite fair compared to a lot of other cities out there.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicago is not in any way a bad place and its rent prices are quite fair compared to a lot of other cities out there.
Chicago is not a bad city at all. It just isn’t the #2 destination for young transplants over the cities I listed.

I work in NYC. It both amazes me and baffles me where some of these young kids are moving in from. Not my place to argue with what is reality.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicago is not a bad city at all. It just isn’t the #2 destination for young transplants over the cities I listed.

I work in NYC. It both amazes me and baffles me where some of these young kids are moving in from. Not my place to argue with what is reality.
Milwaukee WI isn't that great either. Madison WI is far superior

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I am going to one day go back to NYC no matter what happens so I want the city to do well. As much as I may sound like hating on the city, Manhattan made me. However, I know it is not doable for most young people. So many of my classmates who moved ended up moving out after a couple of years. The city has a big grind factor to it that most young people cannot handle.

The networking opportunities are insane and it has a lot to offer but I can see why Chicago would be ranked so high. It is a cleaner and somewhat more relaxed version of NYC. You walk the streets that are so wide so you no longer have to cuss like a sailor because the tourist in front of you is walking slow and you have to get around them.

I will always love NYC (well really only just Manhattan), it made me.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The networking opportunities are insane and it has a lot to offer

I will always love NYC (well really only just Manhattan), it made me.
Networking is the name of the game. I moved to metro NYC almost 8 years ago. My annual income has tripled since. No telling where I would be had I stayed in my home town. Opportunity is what most young people are searching for. They don’t give a crap about which street is cleaner.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Networking is the name of the game. I moved to metro NYC almost 8 years ago. My annual income has tripled since. No telling where I would be had I stayed in my home town. Opportunity is what most young people are searching for. They don’t give a crap about which street is cleaner.
Similar experience except for the fact that now, so much has gone remote and online. If you are only going for a career in a given niche space like let's say tech, I will suggest Seattle and San Francisco (even Austin) over NYC anyday. IMO, the networking pays off in NYC if you are in big finance or big4 consulting but those fields are trending downwards.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This list is unimpressive. El Paso and Tucson are not among the 20 best cities for putting down roots.

A couple of the areas in there are justifiable. Houston has a lot of opportunity and the advantages of being in Texas. Houston, San Antonio, and Austin were on the list but not Dallas.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This list is about liveability and economic growth, not where all the sexy fun young people stuff is. Chicago is where you wanna go if you wanna live in a big city for small town prices.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So true and it always manages to reinvent itself unlike detroit