Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Average earnings and other benefits in the US

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are the average earnings, and other benefits such as insurance that the average US worker receive?
I am wondering how much the average salary or hourly pay works out to, and what is the market value of insurance and other benefits the average worker receives?

Last edited:

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you trying to compare different countries? It's not such an easy case of comparing apples to oranges.

You are probably better off using something arbitrary like the Big Mac Index

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What are the average earnings, and other benefits such as insurance that the average US worker receive?
I am wondering how much the average salary or hourly pay works out to, and what is the market value of insurance and other benefits the average worker receives?
Impossible to determine. Varies so widely industry to industry that it's not really something that can be stated. Also can vary widely even WITHIN an industry.

Also highly varies by state and city within a state. Some places pay more because they are very expensive to live.

This is a good place to start tho I guess for basic info.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it really depends. I was making 74k in South Dakota with $1300 in total bills. Very very easy to make it. Now 74k in California? Not even possible.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even within a state it's difficult to make comparisons sometimes. For example I work in upstate New York, and make considerably above the average income for my area, just on base salary. Even more so when you consider bonuses, which are consistently about 10%, and stock comp. But if I compared what I was earning to someone in NYC, I'd be much closer to average.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Even within a state it's difficult to make comparisons sometimes. For example I work in upstate New York, and make considerably above the average income for my area, just on base salary. Even more so when you consider bonuses, which are consistently about 10%, and stock comp. But if I compared what I was earning to someone in NYC, I'd be much closer to average.
Yup...there are so many variables to consider that the question almost doesn't make sense since there is really no good way to answer it.