Average Cost of a Date in 2015?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
For those who like to pretend they get laid after buying a girl two keg beers and renting a movie from Redbox, this thread is to officially call you out on your blatant, shameless bvllsh!t.

According to Business Insider, the average cost of a CHEAP date worldwide is about $183, ($190 adjusted for inflation as the article is 3 years old). That means that in 2015 a FRUGAL man spends $570 on 3 dates (which we will use as the average amount of dates it takes to score).

Therefore, someone saying they only spend $20 before they score is exaggerating by 2850%. It also means that if sex is the endgame, a hooker charging $400 is 42.5% cheaper than the average girl. Now ask yourself this: how much does an impressive date with an HB9 usually cost?

Many will disagree here given the unemployment rate and their tendency to be delusional, so I'm asking them to please put statistics where your mouth is and detail your last score, listing how many dates, where you went, and what you spent (just like this article does).

Like I said: get a job.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/cost-of-a-date-around-the-world-2012-4?op=1

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I've never spent nearly that much on a date. My dates consist of
Hooters[40 bucks]
A bar by my house [40 bucks]
The movies[32.50]
Me cooking dinner at my house [25 bucks]
A stroll downtown [Free, maybe 10 bucks for ice cream]
Amusement park six flags[80 bucks]

My last score, my main plate. The one I enjoy hanging around the most. I spent 63 bucks at hooters while watching Connor Mcgregor fight. And it was only that much because I had drinks..

Last chick I one nighted I told her I was too tired to go anywhere and made her bring a pizza. I didn't spend a dime. If I'm going to spend 540 before we have sex I'm going to my local strip club on a weekday.. Going up to the hottest stripper and telling her I have her nights pay to come back to my place for a half hr.

Added a few more date examples of mine
.. I can think of not one time I spent that much on a date

Baltimore orioles tickets [80]
Gun range [65]
Pool [25]
Comedy club [60, 30 plus 2 drink minimum]
Zoo[40]

Where can you possibly take a chick for that much on a 1st date?
Why would you ?
Before I spend that much I'm buying some sneakers or something

1st date I'll take you out, just so I'm not a stranger. 2nd date is always at my house. I've had chicks object to coming to my house for the 1st date. I've never took a girl out on a date and she said "You have to take me on more dates before I come to your house"
One date should be all it takes, unless you just like hanging with her

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never spent more then $80 on a date, and that was dinner and a movie. To go to that length for a date, is just a waste of money and time, its basically throwing your money down the drain.

First date should just be a casual get together for coffee or some dessert, shouldn't be more then $20 spent and then maybe a nice walk.

And yes I have gotten laid just by spending $15 on petrol on a girl, it is possible, in the dating game, almost anything is.

Reaction score
My best dates where "movie nights".

1 or 2 redbox movies and a bottle of her favorite alcohol. The date is under $40 and usually results in a lay.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to spend more and more if you are a bad looking, out of shape neckbeard.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
You have to spend more and more if you are a bad looking, out of shape neckbeard.
I actually agree with this....

I've never spend a $183 on a date in my life, even for a girlfriend. I found out that most of my lays the less I spend the more I get laid where the more you spend the less you get laid.

My last date I didn't spend jackcrap she came over (OKcupid) wasn't feeling her kicked her out and ordered Pizza for myself ($23)

:crackup:

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
According to Business Insider, the average cost of a CHEAP date worldwide is about $183, ($190 adjusted for inflation as the article is 3 years old). That means that in 2015 a FRUGAL man spends $570 on 3 dates (which we will use as the average amount of dates it takes to score).
$183 for a cheap date. :crackup:

No reason at all to spend that kind of money for a first date on a woman that is probably not worth it. Spending that kind of money is beta bucks. You are paying strippers hundreds of dollars to get their phone numbers and to agree to go on a date. Of course you will spend more money than other men will. If you did not spend that money you would not get a date.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in NYC, You will easily pay a good chunk for a good time, drinks etc. Least expensive date I had was around $100. Most expensive?... I took 3 girls out.. I banged 2 of them but the night was very fun. Spent around $500+. I have the money to spend but Ive slowed down a lot. Even when i go out with my friends and we pick up girls at the bars, Easily spend $100 (Cab rides, Food, Drinks, Drinks with girls etc). Really depends where you go but I like going to the nice Lounges, Bars.

Heisenburger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't listen to the media regarding this matter. That's conformity.

Here's an example of a date i set up.

Took her to the park to draw a landscape. I gave us both a one hour timeframe. Had a great time. Bought myself and her an ice cream as a reward.

The date cost me a whooping 6 bucks. Got a lay out of it the next date.

You need to think outside the box. Not follow the sheep's way of thinking.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My last lay $15 bucks, a bar sloot my age at a college dive.

$5 the night I met her and $10 on the six pack the next nite at her place. I've spent some since then but doesn't really count. She's definitely not plate worthy.......next.

In the past I have over spent and still got laid but it's BETTER not to, pretty much a no brainer.

My high score was probably a fwb for 6-7mo, I might have spent $20- 30 directly on her that whole time. Rarely went out if we did it's was always dutch. Zero drama.....good times.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$600? I guess if you're going to 5 star restaurants and operas...

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL

For me it usually goes:

Movie: Free via Torrent download (at home)
Dinner: Chinese/Indian takeout/Pizza ~$20-$25
Beverage: $15-$20 for some wine or beer

That's really all it takes for me to get some action. This is only if I'm planning a "fancy" date. It'll be just the movie if I'm feeling cheap. :crackup:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
I actually agree with this....

I've never spend a $183 on a date in my life, even for a girlfriend. I found out that most of my lays the less I spend the more I get laid where the more you spend the less you get laid.

My last date I didn't spend jackcrap she came over (OKcupid) wasn't feeling her kicked her out and ordered Pizza for myself ($23)

:crackup:
Agree with this. Ive spent little money on most women Ive dated or slept with.

Girls really only get me to spend a lot when they are girlfriends. And even then I dont go crazy. No way is a hooker less expensive than a date with a regular woman.
MidnightCity said:
we get it neil. you do well for yourself and work with what you have so you dont mind spending money on your dates. im not knockin you but its getting tired seeing thread after thread of yours that rationlizes and seeks affirmation for the way you do things that work for you.

you dont have to believe that i spend on average 20$ on a first date sometimes even less sometimes nothing at all. but please stop calling others liars simply because you do things differently. theres impressionable young minds on this forum soaking up everything they read
Agree with everything you said.

Also for me, first date is usually coffee or something inexpensive but fun...like hiking, or a drive in movie, or whatever. Im not shelling out a lot on a perfect stranger.

That said, I dont date high maintenance women...so they havent cared as long as they got to spend time with me. I grew up not having a lot of disposable income of my own...and likewise in college. I always managed to attract women who didnt seem so fussed by it.

Hell, one girl I dated at the end of my senior year, I was so broke that I used all my cash to just have gas to go see her...and we used bottles she had saved up and redeemed them at the super market. Took that and bought some food to make dinner.

Cute lil thing she was too. But she did turn out to be a b!tch. And whats weird is that she dated a guy for years that was older and spent a lot of money on her, yet she put that aside while we hung out.
In2theGame said:
Here in NYC, You will easily pay a good chunk for a good time, drinks etc. Least expensive date I had was around $100. Most expensive?... I took 3 girls out.. I banged 2 of them but the night was very fun. Spent around $500+. I have the money to spend but Ive slowed down a lot. Even when i go out with my friends and we pick up girls at the bars, Easily spend $100 (Cab rides, Food, Drinks, Drinks with girls etc). Really depends where you go but I like going to the nice Lounges, Bars.
I grew up in NYC and still visit frequently. You dont HAVE to spend 100 bucks on a date. I mean you can, if the event calls for it. But there are a lot of fun things you can do and give a girl a good time without breaking 60 bucks.

And Im talking first dates. Once past the first few dates, I see nothing wrong with spending a decent amount of coin on a girl. Also, Ive hook up with two girls at once in the past as well...and I didnt have to spend 500 bucks to do it =P

Though I guess I could see myself doing that in one evening if I was on vacation and brought along two good chick friends.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually spend $20 on drinks. That includes my drinks as well. I get laid on the first or second date, or there is no third date.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see this in NYC. in LA you aren't going out for drinks ,foreal and spend less than 50 it's just not happening.

But AVG? lol. when i lived in arkansas i don't' think i ever spent more than 50 dollars on a date. Okay I take that back once.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've had this conversation before.

In all honesty, some people don't earn the mega bucks. If you read Freaknomics, you will understand that there are three driving reward factors for people to go to work:

-Financial
-Social
-Moral

When you increase the financial incentives, the motivation toward the moral and social diminishes. Take banks as one simple example.

The figures described in the OP cover about 1/4 of my ENTIRE monthly social budget. So the theory is I go on one date a week and have no life outside of that. I don't think so.

Lastly, anyone who spends money like that on a first date with no clear intention of getting laid is making a big mistake in my book. I'd rather go out for the night, have fun and probably end up hooking one anyway (minus the boring conversation).

I have a job and I work fcking hard for a pittance in public service. I am considered an expert in my field and dozens of m equlivalents, even superiors have come to me for advice over the last three years. I'm not complaining. I don't like gold-diggers anyway, so it's win-win.

raider87

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last few dates I went on, the girls wouldn't let me pay for anything.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BN...consistently spending an average of $183 per date is absolutely, positively ridiculous. I can see once in a while, but on average it should cost no more than $50 if just going out for a movie or drinks, and a little more if eating dinner. I live in LA and I rarely spend that much, even when we go to Vegas, which is pretty often.

Cmon man $183??? LOL.

nemz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two drinks in a pub £10 (date ends here if there's nothing going on) if I like her and there's a connection, go somewhere else, maybe to town and checkout what's happening - decent women will always get a few rounds of drinks in, so total cost probably around £20/30

I'd never take a woman out to eat primarily on the date, although things can progress to a meal sometimes.