Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attn Mods / Allen re: trolls

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I have an idea that I've seen used on another board I frequent. I know bans are rare around here and we get away with alot. Thats the good thing about the board. However the negative is that alot of negativity is allowed and doesn't get punished.

So my grand idea is ....drumroll please ...... TIMEOUTS.

If a poster is in a bad mood for a week and is on here being negative and not helpful at all, or trolling, then simply give him a timeout for a week.

If it ever happens again, then you can give him a month long timeout.

Third strike, your out, lifetime ban.

It also might cut down on multiple aliases and cause guys to smarten up. I've seen it work wonders on other forums.

FYI a timeout is a ban where they can't post for said period of time.

Just throwing it out there as an option to improve the board.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea, I could care less what happens there.

Law 10

Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky

You can die from someone else’s misery – emotional states are as infectious as disease. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. I would like it even better if there wasn't a strict escalation policy I think. I know that when i was going through my divorce I had at various times a lot of, shall we say, pent up angst, that caused me to be a little cranky once in a while.

Everyone has off days or weeks.

Good idea.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are current system uses warnings, temporary bans, then final banning.

In extreme cases we skip right to ban. But we do currently issue temporary bans

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Hell, I'm at strike two so I need to keep my P's and Q's on the straight and narrow.

Unless "someone" can wipe away those 2 previous infractions . . .

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
mpimpin said:

I guess grammer isn't a requirement to be a mod. Its our current system, not are current system.

lol just buggin.

Thanks for pointing it out. I guess its because we don't see the warnings. I've also never seen a temporary ban but meh.

Thanks for the explanation.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:

Maybe just a case where a long streak of "good behavior" resets the previous strikes might be a nice touch. Other than that it seems really a good system, much better regulated that *some other* relationship forums I could mention. *cough*run by nazis*cough*

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grammar isn't required for me to give a vote on banning someone or not :). I can actually just use the thumbs up or down smiley face.

We do take into consideration good behavior and valuable post history.

MacAvoy I don't know if you remember or not but in the case of LMS he received multiple temporary bans. The same with Docs.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
sssh were not allowed to talk about that.

ps it was a month ago.
"We're?" You're not a mod are you?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Properly because the good soul was a comedian by career and had a sense of humor that didn't set so well with the Mod's.

LoneSilver

krazyboy99 said:
so does anybody know why he got banned

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
krazyboy99 said:
so does anybody know why he got banned
My guess it had something to do with his sig, I remember him complaining about freedom of speech or something. Rules are rules.

Oh, and I think the mods gave someone a timeout before because they came back with their same screen name a month or so later after their ban. It doesn't mean that the person didn't create another account (or multiple accounts), heaven knows it's happened before.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
Properly because the good soul was a comedian by career and had a sense of humor that didn't set so well with the Mod's.

LoneSilver

Talk about a poor sense of humor, I think iqqi takes that honor. She's also defiantely addressed the mods. I'm not saying she should be banned, I'm just saying I don't how anyone got banned if she didn't :confused:.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dongfu, Docs, banned for the same reason: pushing commercial products here without paying for ads.

Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
I think they did that over at loveshack, right?
yes they do.
They give out infractions for going against said rules. Collect so many infractions and you are banned until the mod feels you can come back.
To many times and you're gone forever, and I have tested this system on more than one occasion, lol..

I do admit that they were very tolerant of me.. I got away with a lot, and I kept pushing, until wam!.. a boot in the ass I got:down:

Yes, O.P. the system works well, but it is more work for the forum ADMIN..

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
EricInTheHouse said:
yes they do.
They give out infractions for going against said rules. Collect so many infractions and you are banned until the mod feels you can come back.
To many times and you're gone forever, and I have tested this system on more than one occasion, lol..

I do admit that they were very tolerant of me.. I got away with a lot, and I kept pushing, until wam!.. a boot in the ass I got:down:

Yes, O.P. the system works well, but it is more work for the forum ADMIN..
Well over there they banned and deleted my threads without any warning.