"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Attention whoring on social media a red flag?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
We've all seen it, the girl who posts tons of pictures on her instagram in skimpy little gym outfits, shots of her cleavage, etc. I've long been of the opinion that for a normal woman to do stuff like this is a red flag. In my opinion, I feel that she is clearly trying to get attention and validation, whether or not this is out of insecurity or narcissism I'm not sure.

However, the main issue with this is that such behavior on social media is totally the norm today and it's almost hard to say whether or not this could still be considered a red flag. I'm not even old but behavior that would have been deemed unacceptable or embarrassing just a bit over a decade ago is now completely normal.

What is your take on this?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
We've all seen it, the girl who posts tons of pictures on her instagram in skimpy little gym outfits, shots of her cleavage, etc. I've long been of the opinion that for a normal woman to do stuff like this is a red flag. In my opinion, I feel that she is clearly trying to get attention and validation, whether or not this is out of insecurity or narcissism I'm not sure.

However, the main issue with this is that such behavior on social media is totally the norm today and it's almost hard to say whether or not this could still be considered a red flag. I'm not even old but behavior that would have been deemed unacceptable or embarrassing just a bit over a decade ago is now completely normal.

What is your take on this?
Good chicks are rare. Plenty of garbage out there.
 

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
1,849
Reaction score
563
Location
West Coast
It's a red flag.

There's a reason why most females enjoy the beach or the pool. It's not actually swimming. It's so they can wear a bikini and show off their body.

Their behavior hasn't changed it's just society made it more accepting.

A female that exploits this is one that you should avoid.
 

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
It's a red flag.

There's a reason why most females enjoy the beach or the pool. It's not actually swimming. It's so they can wear a bikini and show off their body.

Their behavior hasn't changed it's just society made it more accepting.

A female that exploits this is one that you should avoid.
Going to the beach to show off could almost be comparable to girls who go out to bars and clubs all done up in their sluttiest of outfits and makeup purely for attention. I've seen women who were married out for a night with their friends dressed up like this.

However, that isn't necessarily something that they are doing on a regular basis but the point is that such behavior, both in the real world and on social media, seems to be very common and normal for them.
 

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
It's a red flag.

Probably the best girl I've been with does it and she does confide in me, it's a legitimate character flaw and red flag. She is loyal but the need for the attention is there. That doesn't mean it disqualifies her but it's a problem.
Do you feel it's insecurity or just a narcissistic type personality who always need the spotlight on her, granted there is a bit of overlap with both of these though. I kind of feel like this type of behavior is a bit more normal and acceptable for teenage girls but once you start getting into your 20s a lot of this behavior should be far less out there.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
It's both. She tries really hard to keep it under wraps. Narcissism is almost a synonym for insecurity, look at the male NPDs on sosuave.
Having narcissistic tendencies does not necessarily mean you have NPD, but yeah I get what you are saying.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Oh, I agree lol. I do know that there are good women out there that don't feel the need to behave in such a manner but it seems to be a rarity.
It is a rarity if ur social circle is primarily engrossed in using social media.

Enlarge ur social circle to be inclusive of other women.
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Now you have to ask yourself this question:

Does she look like a slut?

Some dead give aways:

1. tatoos
2. body modifications aka excessive piercings and other strange sh1t.
3. tight pants or yoga pants
4. lots of skin showing or clothing that focuses on her body.
5. caked on makeup

Did I miss anything?
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Now you have to ask yourself this question:

Does she look like a slut?

Some dead give aways:

1. tatoos
2. body modifications aka excessive piercings and other strange sh1t.
3. tight pants or yoga pants
4. lots of skin showing or clothing that focuses on her body.
5. caked on makeup

Did I miss anything?
Actually depends on what you want from a woman.

If it's just to have some fun then everything is good.

If a man is looking to wife up, then point 1 and 2 is a dead give away, while the rest is subject on the location or purpose of being so.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
It is a rarity if ur social circle is primarily engrossed in using social media.

Enlarge ur social circle to be inclusive of other women.
I'm 28, pretty much every female remotely my age range in regards to dating is going to use social media and most likely grew up through high school using it.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
I'm 28, pretty much every female remotely my age range in regards to dating is going to use social media and most likely grew up through high school using it.
Everyone has social media but not everyone is posting themselves in skimpy clothing nor do everyone has tattoos.

I'm in my 40's and date women younger then u r.

Actually I'm invited out for dates more then I invite women out.
 

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
Now you have to ask yourself this question:

Does she look like a slut?

Some dead give aways:

1. tatoos
2. body modifications aka excessive piercings and other strange sh1t.
3. tight pants or yoga pants
4. lots of skin showing or clothing that focuses on her body.
5. caked on makeup

Did I miss anything?
No, you are pretty spot on with all that lol. I avoid women with tattoos, odd piercings and unnatural hair colors (blue, pink, etc.) for obvious reasons, as should most men. Clothing can be a tough one because a lot of women dress kind of slutty now a days without actually being sluts, same for makeup. That's why I mentioned on my original post that I'm not sure if social media attention whoring can truly be seen as a red flag when this type of behavior is not only common but the norm, though the degree of which seems to vary.
 
R

Ranger

Guest
It stirs competition in them. A few girls do it and gets a lot of attention but isn’t shamed (socially rejected)
The other women see it and feel that it it’s an advantage in competition so they make the jump.

Competition can be fierce.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Clothing can be a tough one because a lot of women dress kind of slutty now a days without actually being sluts, same for makeup.
A old friend's wife had a funny saying for that:

"Dress like a goule, and goules will try to get into your pants.":eek:
 

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
Yes, good for banging only, no feels
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
We've all seen it, the girl who posts tons of pictures on her instagram in skimpy little gym outfits, shots of her cleavage, etc. I've long been of the opinion that for a normal woman to do stuff like this is a red flag. In my opinion, I feel that she is clearly trying to get attention and validation, whether or not this is out of insecurity or narcissism I'm not sure.

However, the main issue with this is that such behavior on social media is totally the norm today and it's almost hard to say whether or not this could still be considered a red flag. I'm not even old but behavior that would have been deemed unacceptable or embarrassing just a bit over a decade ago is now completely normal.

What is your take on this?
Depends on if the skimpiness is excessive.

Some men are prudes who want their girl to wear sweatpants to the beach in the summer, but some women are slvts that would go outside in lingerie and a trenchcoat during the winter.

Also depends on if the posting itself is excessive or not.

There's a difference between daily selfies where she pulls down her pants to show off her ass and thong in a mcdonalds bathroom while at work, versus posting in a bikini at a beach trip. Or wearing short shorts during a heat wave.

In the end I think some guys need to get with the times, it's not 1942 anymore, your woman being sexual and sexy is a good thing unless your crippling insecurity is a bigger deal than having an attractive girl you can have fun with on your arm, etc.

As long as she isn't allowing or inviting other men to get some while you two are committed, and she dresses sexy for your benefit rather than primarily for others

Also most of the women I know who wouldn't wear something sexy have crippling insecurity. It's not that they're super good girls or anything, they're basket cases when it comes to their body and appearance.

Ironically a lot of women who self righteously take pride in """not being that kind of girl""" are just virtue signaling (whether it comes to dressing slvtty, having sex early or easy, etc.)

example: girl 1 I knew would always call girl 2 a slvt looking for attention behind her back because girl 2 was obsessed with crop tops and wore them even in the winter. in the end girl 1 ended up cheating on her boyfriend and girl 2 was 100% loyal. Funny how that works out huh?
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
More stuff

The valedictorian at my high school posts the sexiest pictures out of 99% of the girls I know. I've seen her entirely in various sets of underwear in various locations and skirts so short a breeze would flash you (which she implies that she wore outside by calling it todays outfit). She's currently going to a college on a full scholarship to an engineering major, rather prudish about sex, etc.

For contrast a girl I dated was a complete slvt by most metrics (half a dozen guys by 18, lots of crazy stories about them, etc.) And yet when I wanted her to dress sexier and show off her body more she basically refused because "she's not just some hoe" or some dumb sh!t like that.

(Then she gets drunk and "accidentally falls into a guys lap" or "accidentally ended up in bed with a guy but I got out immediately i swear" or "accidentally got a hickey from a guy at a party")
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top