Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Astrological Signs and Your Success

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello all- today, I pose this question: Does astrology have any relevence to you when looking at a gf or mate? I never really had much interest until I started reading zodiac signs and was amazed at how accurate it described my character- I'm a Capricorn, btw.

I started paying attention on myspace and noticed that many of my friends and girls that I liked had compatible signs. As an experiment I'm looking to maximize my success by only talking to girls who are either capricorn, virgo, scorpio, taurus and pisces to see how it goes. I'd rather work smarter than harder as time is limited :rock:

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
godsgifttowomen said:
Holy crap...

Dude are you serious?

~Shazam~
Wow, first response and it's one of total disbelief! Is it that unfathomable that there may be some truth to astrology? Anyway, if you think it's horse sh!t then I'm not trying to sway your opinion. I've read your posts, you do fine...maybe there are others who are confident in their game and will post their experiences on this.

Chances are I'm already gonna be hated for posting something that doesn't have to do with becoming a DJ. lol

Fallen33

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The descriptions for astrological signs and their "fortunes" are so vague that anybody could relate to them.

Wether or not you believe in it is not the point. What you are doing is purposely limiting yourself, which is bad.

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fallen33 said:
The descriptions for astrological signs and their "fortunes" are so vague that anybody could relate to them.
I agree, horoscopes are vague. What is perplexing to me is why astrological zodiac signs have existed for centuries if it had absolutely no use whatsoever. Religion could probably get lumped into that category as well, but I'm not looking to discuss that :tongue:

Wether or not you believe in it is not the point. What you are doing is purposely limiting yourself, which is bad.
I do not intend on limiting myself, actually quite the opposite- instead I will talk to girls I wouldn't normally deem as my "type" in the name of social science :biggrin: However I would like to experiment by being more selective and choosing only women of certain signs to see if there's any truth to the characteristics of each.

If there is some correlation between birth month and character temprament then it could definitely save me a lot of time. I should've rephrased the question as "who has dated girls with non-compatible signs and how did it work out?"

I imagine for a lot of people that do not have an open mind it probably seems utterly ridiculous...then again if people didn't have open minds or weren't either a genius or completely crazy we wouldn't be living in a world that used to exist in science fiction novels. It's societies' job to convince people they're nuts for doing things outside the norm because anything unconventional that is unproven is bound to fail, right?

Well, I guess no one shares my interest in astrology :(

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ObieJuan said:
Hello all- today, I pose this question: Does astrology have any relevence to you when looking at a gf or mate? I never really had much interest until I started reading zodiac signs and was amazed at how accurate it described my character- I'm a Capricorn, btw.

I started paying attention on myspace and noticed that many of my friends and girls that I liked had compatible signs. As an experiment I'm looking to maximize my success by only talking to girls who are either capricorn, virgo, scorpio, taurus and pisces to see how it goes. I'd rather work smarter than harder as time is limited :rock:
Assuming this is serious....

The reason your sign describes you so well is because the ways its written could describe anyone, they make huge generalisations and vague statements that anyone can apply to their life if they want to believe it.

Read some of the other signs, I guarantee that they'll all describe you equally as well.

In terms of using these signs for PU....please, spend the time sarging rather than paying attention to this mumbo jumbo!! :rolleyes:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ObieJuan said:
I agree, horoscopes are vague. What is perplexing to me is why astrological zodiac signs have existed for centuries if it had absolutely no use whatsoever. ...
What people don't realize is that [Chinese]Astrology goes well beyond westernized horoscopes. It takes into account the day, time and location of your birth to create a birth analysis to identify probable character traits and influences. How they determine that, I have the faintest idea.

Most westerners can only keep track of the day and the month and they want some sort of guidance since so many look towards something larger than themselves to direct them. The easiest way is to create a simplified prediction (guess) that anyone could read and somehow relate to their personal situation. It's a lot like that guy who speaks to the relatives of the dead through asking probing (guided) questions of their living relatives. It's easy entertainment.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a certain sign I am highly compatable with - I can pick them out at a glance through a crowded room.

Just this week:

I was taking my food through a drive-thru window from this guy, I said "You are a ___________ aren't you?" He asked "How do you know that?" I said " I always know - you guys just do something to me."

I was entering a hotel that had a small jazz venue and spotted the aging doorman about 15 feet away, as he opened the door, I said "You are a _____________, aren't you?" He was stunned. I was right.

I definitely believe there is something to it.

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
L777 said:
The reason your sign describes you so well is because the ways its written could describe anyone, they make huge generalisations and vague statements that anyone can apply to their life if they want to believe it.

Read some of the other signs, I guarantee that they'll all describe you equally as well.
That would be the exact same statement I'd have made before I started reading about this stuff. I read through all 12 of the signs, but the one designated to my birth date was definitely the most accurate description. Take that as you will. I'm always skeptical but I want to give it a chance...

By the way I don't really put much thought into sarging anymore. I see, I approach and say whatever I feel like saying. I have been long past caring what some female's reaction is going to be when I walk up to her. I'd rather waste time reading mumbo jumbo :D

Francisco d'Anconia said:
What people don't realize is that [Chinese]Astrology goes well beyond westernized horoscopes. It takes into account the day, time and location of your birth to create a birth analysis to identify probable character traits and influences. How they determine that, I have the faintest idea.
Exactly...this is what is fascinating! People have been doing this for ages in different cultures. I'd like to delve deeper understanding of how it is done. If a character trait is probable doesn't that give you some idea of what you're in for? It doesn't provide any tangible answers, just more tools in your arsenal or even if to improve your relations with your fellow man.

It's a lot like that guy who speaks to the relatives of the dead through asking probing (guided) questions of their living relatives. It's easy entertainment.

John Edward used this very tactic and kept his audiences captivated for at least a whole season! I'm assuming that's what you were referring to. If anything I would say it's an unfair comparison since he would be better compared with Criss Angel, whom (if you didn't know) is a magician and a damn good one at that...I still can't even begin to understand how he does some of the things on his show.

I somewhat agree that it could be means of simple entertainment to foreign cultures of the ages for hundreds, even thousands of years...who knows. It's just a fun experiment that gives me something to do- like open girls, ask them what their birthday is and tell them all about themselves and their sign. Chicks like learning new things about themselves so this works pretty well to my advantage :cool:

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
There is a certain sign I am highly compatable with - I can pick them out at a glance through a crowded room.

Just this week:

I was taking my food through a drive-thru window from this guy, I said "You are a ___________ aren't you?" He asked "How do you know that?" I said " I always know - you guys just do something to me."

I was entering a hotel that had a small jazz venue and spotted the aging doorman about 15 feet away, as he opened the door, I said "You are a _____________, aren't you?" He was stunned. I was right.

I definitely believe there is something to it.
I work for a mortgage company and met a girl over the phone, she worked for one of the creditors I have to call on a daily basis. I heard her voice and was immediately attracted to her...we flirted over light work topics, next thing I know she's talking to one of my colleague trying to find out more about me. Eventually we exchanged contacts/pictures and I talk to her at least a few days a week...it's always fun and she always hears the smile in my voice when we talk.

Of course on most every myspace page it shows the person's sign, my interest was piqued so I tried to find some explanation as to why I was so attracted to this particular girl, who is a Pisces. I read up on her sign, seemed to describe her qualities very well. I agree there is something there, although it's not always completely tangible.

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
I can't believe people still buy into the whole Astrology thing. It's the 21st century. We have also stopped buring witches a long time ago.
so gone with the burning of witches were human's curiousity of all things intangible? There's something else millions of people believe in which is outdated as well...we should get rid of that too! lol

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Statistically any western person will fit the stereotypical banter that is associated with each sign (people in other cultures far different than western culture will often not associate with such stereotypes). So if it says you are outgoing and you are a DJ gasp it matches you.

Or if it says you are insightful and quiet you probably will be at some point so gasp there it is again!

Take Chinese Astrology for example. The personalities are associated by year of birth. So I started to think: wait a minute, everybody on earth (or in China) born on a certain year, every 12 years, is the same personality? C'mon now (I'm Chinese btw).

It just doesn't add up; don't worry about it.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ObieJuan said:
so gone with the burning of witches were human's curiousity of all things intangible? There's something else millions of people believe in which is outdated as well...we should get rid of that too! lol
The fact that millions of people believe something doesn't mean it's true. Take religion for example. No offence but i think believing in something because it's written in some ancient book is redicilous. As long as there isn't any scientific evidence for anything, it's BS to me.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK so which is the best sign then for PU? I'm a Scorpio, and Scorpio traditionally is linked with the reproductive system, and they are said to be the most sexual! :D

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The day you come out of your momma's p*ssy determines how u act? Give me a break.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ObieJuan, can I suggest you add Cancer to your list?

It is your polar opposite and will provide a balance for you that you will not find in another sign (although liking Scorpios and Pisces you are dabbling with what a Cancer will add to your life). The union may not end up as a lifetime relationship - but it will benefit you for a lifetime. You will find you are actually very different from her.

Cancers are generally brave about loving, not afraid to show you that they love you. They are not ashamed to be vulnerable, know all about feelings (their own and others) instinctually, and how to trust thier intuition.

Capricorns are good at shutting down emotionally. You will benefit eachother to grow Cancer's need to learn when to shut it down sometimes, too.

A "mature" sign is one that has mastered the qualities of it's polar opposite, so what you lack prior to the relationship (s) with your polar opposite, you have then embraced and grown from being with them and are balanced. But be careful with a Cancer woman's heart, because they are not wired to love casually.

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
ObieJuan, can I suggest you add Cancer to your list?

It is your polar opposite and will provide a balance for you that you will not find in another sign (although liking Scorpios and Pisces you are dabbling with what a Cancer will add to your life). The union may not end up as a lifetime relationship - but it will benefit you for a lifetime. You will find you are actually very different from her.

Cancers are generally brave about loving, not afraid to show you that they love you. They are not ashamed to be vulnerable, know all about feelings (their own and others) instinctually, and how to trust thier intuition.

Capricorns are good at shutting down emotionally. You will benefit eachother to grow Cancer's need to learn when to shut it down sometimes, too.

A "mature" sign is one that has mastered the qualities of it's polar opposite, so what you lack prior to the relationship (s) with your polar opposite, you have then embraced and grown from being with them and are balanced. But be careful with a Cancer woman's heart, because they are not wired to love casually.
It is definitely something to consider. I'm discovering that pisces is very imaginitive, dreams a lot and is sensitive emotionally but very compassionate to other people pretty much all the time. She cycles through pictures and names on her myspace page frequently and hates her office job- she went to school to be a nurse. It's surprising how much of this is true in regards to her sign.

True, I have a hard time opening up to people emotionally because they need to prove themselves worthy before I will share anything. Maybe I'll date a Cancer and see what happens...

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
L777 said:
OK so which is the best sign then for PU? I'm a Scorpio, and Scorpio traditionally is linked with the reproductive system, and they are said to be the most sexual! :D
I'd say Scorpio would be one of the best signs...you've got that "fire" and girls probably know it when they see you. Do you know the signs of any of the girls you dated in the past, btw? I'm just hoping people can share some of their experiences. It's a different thread on Sosuave, for a change :)

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ObieJuan said:

Not at all. But like anything, it's an interesting but useless fact to me. But I suppose that we're all biased in certain ways. I'm a skeptical christian AND an illusionist, so that puts me in the "skeptical" point of view in reference to Astrology, New Age, and Occult matters.