Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Artificial Sweetener Sucralose found to be "Genotoxic"

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
D@mn it. Gonna have to replace it with Monk fruit or Stevia.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sucralose is chlorinated sugar, I wouldn't be surprised if it's causing a ton of cancer since cancer starts in the mitochondria.

I go out of my way to avoid it ever since I saw the molecular structure. It also tastes like margerine to me.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only use Truvia (Stevia)

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post. I just read the article and seems useful to point out that is not sucralose per se what seems to be genotoxic, but a sucralose impurity that might make 0.67% of commercial sucralose. In addition, if you go to the original source then my interpretation is that Table 4 shows that you need more than 500ug/ml for a genotoxic effect. And in table 16 even if you take the worst example, that is ~800ug/57ml -> 14ug/ml. Thoughts?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Interesting post. I just read the article and seems useful to point out that is not sucralose per se what seems to be genotoxic, but a sucralose impurity that might make 0.67% of commercial sucralose. In addition, if you go to the original source then my interpretation is that Table 4 shows that you need more than 500ug/ml for a genotoxic effect. And in table 16 even if you take the worst example, that is ~800ug/57ml -> 14ug/ml. Thoughts?
Would you be in a house with lead paint because it wouldn't be "that bad"?

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Toxic concentration thresholds exist for everything. Under certain concentrations things are deemed to be safe, over it deemed to be toxic and that is how safety standards are established.

I am simply giving my interpretation of the original source of the article you posted, and provided concrete arguments based on the paper data, in case someone else would like to discuss their own interpretation of the paper data.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Toxic concentration thresholds exist for everything. Under certain concentrations things are deemed to be safe, over it deemed to be toxic and that is how safety standards are established.

I am simply giving my interpretation of the original source of the article you posted, and provided concrete arguments based on the paper data, in case someone else would like to discuss their own interpretation of the paper data.
Go look up the history of "safe" thresholds for lead exposure, then tell us how much you trust this stuff again...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go look up the history of "safe" thresholds for lead exposure, then tell us how much you trust this stuff again...
Or smoking cigarettes being promoted by doctors up until the 1950s.

Vapes are extremely dangerous and cause lung collapse and most people think they are safe. We can't always rely on Gov or Pharma.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't take their word for it. Many companies will finagle their serving size so that it seems like you're under the risk point, or the rounding error makes it seem like the content of something is zero.

A lot of products will claim that they don't have trans fats in this way, but in reality the content isn't zero, and it adds up pretty quick when you have more than the unrealistic recommended portion size.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guess all flavoured protein powders from big suppliers have to go.

Either stevia of natural taste from now on.

But as a general rule is better to avoid any product that is not single ingredient or comes in a package.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well guess all flavoured protein powders from big suppliers have to go.

Either stevia of natural taste from now on.

But as a general rule is better to avoid any product that is not single ingredient or comes in a package.
Don't partake in any of those. Just plain Green Pea and Brown Rice Protein Powders. No added flavors, no added nothing.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't partake in any of those. Just plain Green Pea and Brown Rice Protein Powders. No added flavors, no added nothing.
There was a moment I was used to mix them to balance each other amino profile but then quit cause it tasted bad and required work.

Anyway we dont eat for pleasure but for purpose so guess will move back to that.

There was a good mix from bulk nutrition which consisted of pea, rice, quinoa and stevia but somehow they dropped that one and made a new one adding also flax seed and pumpking seed which for my knowledge are not the best for a man.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There was a moment I was used to mix them to balance each other amino profile but then quit cause it tasted bad and required work.

Anyway we dont eat for pleasure but for purpose so guess will move back to that.

There was a good mix from bulk nutrition which consisted of pea, rice, quinoa and stevia but somehow they dropped that one and made a new one adding also flax seed and pumpking seed which for my knowledge are not the best for a man.
I use them in smoothies mostly with berries and either coconut or almond milk. Eliminates the taste issue, although I will drink it plain if I need to get some extra protein in for the day

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone bland on my food, no flavor enhancers at all, tastes like ****ing ass eating plain scrambled egg whites and plain oatmeal but I've never felt better, **** all this bull****

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this suprising to anyone? All artificial sweeteners are cancerous and genotoxic. Kind of par for the course when it comes to this category of food additives.
No they're not. Some are better than others. Lumping all of them together is reductionistic.

That said, I don't like them myself.