Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

article : Why men are in trouble

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you don't believe the numbers, just ask young women about men today. You will find them talking about prolonged adolescence and men who refuse to grow up. I've heard too many young women asking, "Where are the decent single men?" There is a maturity deficit among men out there, and men are falling behind."

Is this the kind of crap CNN churns out nowadays..

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damnit you had to post this **** didn't you. you just had to go and do it

Men are more distant from a family or their children then they have ever been. The out-of-wedlock birthrate is more than 40% in America.
lol the author acts like guys are just screwing themselves. it takes 2 to tango.

In 2010, that share had risen to 27%. Men are also less religious than ever before.
because we have access to more information and are better equipped to make decisions on what we do and do not believe, our lives extend further now then the church down the street.

\If you don't believe the numbers, just ask young women about men today
who gives a **** about the numbers. i would not care if they were 90%,morality does not come from religion. that has been proven time and time again. Even so, how do you account for the immoral women out there?

You will find them talking about prolonged adolescence and men who refuse to grow up
what about the 26 year old girl who "kicks it" every night and can't hold a job.

, "Where are the decent single men?" There is a maturity deficit among men out there, and men are falling behind.
they are the guys that are giving you rides to the party that you are about to become the opening act to, and pck you up when you are done only for you for you to ignore them then cry and ***** 10 years late rwhen that exact same guy or guys like him aren't in the least bit interested in him

, "Where are the decent single men?" There is a maturity deficit among men out there, and men are falling behind.
I take it you have not played the new Battlefield 3. **** is off the chain.

? Increasingly, the messages to boys about what it means to be a man are confusing.
This, i actually do agree with

The machismo of the street gang calls out with a swagger
lol he said swagger

r. Video games, television and music offer dubious lessons to boys who have been abandoned by their fathers.
and songs like "I need a solider" and watching TV shows like "sex in the city" really do paint an oppropate view of what it is to be a woman

For boys to become men, they need to be guided through advice, habit, instruction, example and correction. It is true in all ages.
I can agree with this to a certian extent. The problem however, is that this, has nothing to do with the article. it's just a factoid about something thrown smack dab into the middle of something else to give it credence. You have women having sex at 14-15 years old, going around wearing the skankist **** on the face of the earth, last week Norte Dame' QB, his sister got arrested at teh game, and it came out that she basically screwed everyone in the local fertarnity at her brothers house, then when they wouldn't call her back, because she is well, a *****, texted them and said "you don't sleep with Reeses sister and not text back!". yes that's very lady like behavior.

This is the worst kinda guy. he's worse then the jerk, he's even worse than the AFC.

Like, if AFCism were like levels of hell like Dante's Inferno, he would be in the ninths circle (this just gave me an idea for a masterpiece post, which i will get to later tonight when joe goes to sleep). Guys, that not only suck up to guys, guys that don't even pretend to be men anymore, men who go out of their way to shame men, in order to seek the approval of women, are the lowest of the low.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
ears old, going around wearing the skankist **** on the face of the earth, last week Norte Dame' QB, his sister got arrested at teh game, and it came out that she basically screwed everyone in the local fertarnity at her brothers house, then when they wouldn't call her back, because she is well, a *****, texted them and said "you don't sleep with Reeses sister and not text back!". yes that's very lady like behavior.

ahhh classy.

Now see put this article next to the CNN one

http://bustedcoverage.com/2011/10/0...er-meghan-arrested-at-purdue-might-be-a-slut/

How does the whole 'women are taking over' theme look now? Too funny

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
LOL...let's blame video games. :rolleyes:

The reason that men are playing video games now, when they used to be the domain of young boys, is because the video-games made today are tailored and marketed toward older people.

Maybe we should be like the previous generation and use alcohol to distract us from our struggles, instead of video games. That's how "mature" people handle their problems, isn't it? (South Park would seem to agree, based on last night)

But maybe they're right. Our generation was raised on video games. We grew up in a world where our need to accomplish things was measured digitally, where whenever you couldn't surmount an obstacle, there was a Nintendo Power sitting there with a tip or cheat-code we could use, and if we got stuck in a bad situation, we could just "hit reset" and re-load from the last save point. If we didn't do well, we didn't have to GET good at anything through practice, we just had to find another game.

Who are the "great men" of our generation? You have to wonder if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs would have ever done such great things in the world of technology, for example, if they had had video games.

Women have it bad these days. We've seen it...they gravitate toward the jocks and the *ssholes in high school because at least these men are DRIVEN toward goals. That drive, that drama, gives women something to support and nurture. Unfortunately, these men are often "early-bloomers"...after school is over, many of them stop growing, stop aspiring, and just become "burn-outs", men without causes. Not all of them, fortunately, but a great many.

In previous generations, this is when the "nerds" started to come into their own. The ones who were busy studying or trying other creative pursuits. They start accomplishing things in society, creating value, aspiring toward a greatness of their own. REAL men, businessmen, engineers, blue-collar, white-collar, doesn't matter. Good hard-working inspired men, the kind a woman WANTS to have her children by.

This rise was fueled by developing interests in their young years, finding things to stimulate themselves while they were "social exiles", finding unique paths to greatness.

In our generation...we had video games.

I used to have He-Man action figures, then more Transformers than I could count. Toys with moving parts. Legos...I loved me some Legos. I NEVER followed the instruction booklets...I built my own stuff. I got out my space-set and built stuff that never existed...starships that bent space-time to traverse large distances, carrying gravity bombs and macronuclear doomsday weapons that could destroy entire planets. My little brothers would steal all the "good pieces" for their own creations. :D

Then came Nintendo. Soon all I wanted to DO was play Nintendo. There's little room for creativity in Nintendo...you just play the game as it's laid out for you.

Video games create an immersion environment where your hand is held through everything. You are directed along a certain path, given everything you need to solve every puzzle put in front of you, gratification is just given to you right there, on-screen. Problem? Reset, re-load, re-code.

It's like a drug...it really is. I used to think my parents were silly when they restricted the amount of time a day we could spend playing video games. They used to make us "go outside". We felt like we were being punished. We would sit outside on a picnic bench and wait the required amount of time before we would be let back in the house.

In hindsight...if I ever have kids, they won't have video games until at LEAST middle-school, if not high-school.

So-called "men" in this society are constantly drifting back and forth between being video-game nerds and being *ssholes. There are very few genuine "good men" any more...most "men" in our generation aspire to become a cubicle monkey somwhere, in a job that pays them enough to either satisfy their video-gaming or their woman-gaming.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, video games are always the thing we see associated with these types of articles. Why are video games so bad for men, but every woman I see on the street is mindlessly staring into or talking into her smartphone? (And come on, these aren't Gordon Gekkettes.)

Plus the whole "education" trope is b.s. Educated - for what? Public relations, women's studies, and sociology? Americans have been brainwashed into thinking they must at the very least get a liberal arts degree (and go into debt as a result). Meanwhile, there is a skilled labor shortage in this country.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a crock of sh*t. Video games are a potential distraction, but to say that they are causing the downfall of men is quite absurd. A lot of those fat, good for nothings who eat potato chips and play video games all day would be engaging in some other sort of unproductive activity if video games weren't available.

Watching chick flicks, The View or American Idol is no more productive than playing video games. If anything, these activities are far less productive. Can people get addicted to playing games? Certainly. But that's not the games' fault and it has more to do with the people who get addicted. People can get addicted to any pleasurable activity.

Let's not forget the positive effects of video games. Go to any computer science or electrical engineering classroom. Chances are, these classrooms are full of people who played video games. Playing games probably helped develop these individuals' computer-aptitude. IT, computers and other high tech industries are among the few areas where America is still number one.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again the crusade against videogames?

Listen its not that hard, when a kid cannot even run without a teacher stopping him because "its dangerous" no surprise that kid will seek some other kind of action.

Screw the "we are social animals" theories, girls are social, guys are driven toward action wheter its building a lego spaceship or play with plastic guns.
Socializing for men is a team work not a tea meeting for the sake of staying togheter.

If you deny the soldiers to do war, dont complain if they all turn lazy and play cards instead of going to the shopping center to see the showcase, they're not simply made for that.

Give men a purpose and allow them to reach their goal with their means instead of doping the system with crappy rules and men will restard doing what they are made for.

And most of all videogames have benefit, they improve the responce of the nervous system, they stimulate to think whats the best way to solve a situation.

What does uploading mirror pictures on facebook does? what benefit comes from watching reality shows and soap operas on tv apart metabolize a crappy mindset? does learning any info about celebrities lifes makes you better?

So girls watch your yard before pissing on ours.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the point of view of some women, the definition of a man who has "fallen short" is a man who has fallen short of living up to WHATEVER their latest capricious, increasingly fluid, EXPECTATIONS happen to be.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This article doesn't reflect anything of what I've seen in my life. Just CNN stirring the pot because it costs too much to carry out an act of true journalism.

So much for the 5th estate

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he nailed that ****.

you know what's really fvcked up? It's that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

In other words, IT'S NEVER her fault. If you don't "man up" and get married, then you are a loser.

if you subscribe to some selfless sense of rightnessess, and get married, she falls out of love or gains weight or cheats on you, somehow, it's still your fault. You weren't man enough

I'm not pointing out women are the issue here, my point is, never do something, for the sake of being "rightous" or "doing what's right" beucase "what' right" is usually what's in someone else's best interest.

Dealing with women on that scale, is kinda like going to the crack house. For those of you who have never bought crack, which I am going to assume is all, let me explain lol. You get to the crack house, or maybe you don't get to the rack house. for this example, Sally the crackhead calls you up, it's the first of the month she knows you get paid on the first. She's just seeing "how you are doing". You say oh nothing, she asks if you want to come over and "kick it" (smoke crack), she paints this picture of the "party" you are going to have and how it's just going to be you and her land you are going to smoke crack and fvck all night long.

Enticed by this idea, you get in the car, cash the check, go to the dealers house, get your stuff and your paraphernalia, make the pipe, smoke the crack and the second you take a hit, you know that it's not going to be the same. she's not getting naked she's peeping out the window. she's calling up other friends trying to see if they want some lol. she's already trying to figure out what she's going to do when she runs out (you run out) of crack. damn it i just got here lol! You are throwing hints about how you would like to have sex but she isn't paying you teh least bit of attention she's high as a kite, and you are too, so you don't think about it too much.

So you run out of dope, and instead of having sex or pleasuring you or hell, even being nice and offering you a coke or some **** lol, she asks the same question heard round crack houses everywhere.. "you got anymore money". If your answer is no, she goes from being, accepting of you, to basically kicking you out the house or going to do what she does to find more money.

And will call you on the next pay day to do it all over again until you stop taking her calls lol.

At the end, it never was about you. It was about the money. you were a means to an end "(her getting high). For alot of women, men are a means to an end of them living alife that society tells them that they should live. That doesn't means she necessarily likes you or gives a damn about you just because she marries you. When that's the case you can do "what's right" until you are blue in the face and you will end up just another broke ass guy with nothing.

Guys need to realize, that if you get with the wrong woman and you don't screen her, it's not about you.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
At the end, it never was about you. It was about the money. you were a means to an end "(her getting high). For alot of women, men are a means to an end of them living alife that society tells them that they should live. That doesn't means she necessarily likes you or gives a damn about you just because she marries you. When that's the case you can do "what's right" until you are blue in the face and you will end up just another broke ass guy with nothing.

Guys need to realize, that if you get with the wrong woman and you don't screen her, it's not about you.
excellent. well said.

You summed up the situation nicely. For many women, men fill the role of 'credit card' in their lives.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would like to remind you that they are comparing families residing under the same roof in 1960 to today, whereas there are not as many "married with children under the same roof".
then i would like to point out that i do not believe that it is at an all time "high". perhaps it seems high compared to 1960.....but i actually know more fathers who have custody of their children or a form of joint custody and actually are involved with their children's lives, education and health than ever before.
i think we are seeing an all time high on mother's being more distant from their children than ever before.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Penkitten,
I agree with your post....in custody matters things are definitely improving.....I remember thirty years ago fighting for access to my kids..it was so Partisan in the Family Court that on the notice board in the waiting room was a magnified headline and photo copy that read Men you are wasting your time trying to get custody....the article went on to discuss 10,000 custody cases where male success rate was about 3%...It got worse..the chit of a girl sitting at the appointment desk came over carrying a file Ms ....will see you now....as we walked down the corridor she starts berating me...you don't deserve custody,you let your children starve when you last had custody and took them to Sydney...I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't think of what to say...then followed a terrible half hour of inquisition...I lost my temper,I told the Satans bride conducting this charade what I thought of her and her Court...Stormed out of the office...The Secretary called out as I walked past Mr.....there is some paperwork to do....I walked over to her,Fvuck you and fvuck your paperwork,I Wiped her desk clean with my arm,throwing everything on the floor...she pushes an alarm bell...people came from every where,I was restrained,taken away in the Paddy Wagon....Put in the Cells...The Sargeant took me for an interview,he was a veteran too...very nice sympathetic,seems many of his guys had been put through the cleaners too...One Gendarme walked past me....Good onyer mate he said,pity you didn't have a gun...they let me out and I never heard anything more.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear Penkitten,
I agree with your post....in custody matters things are definitely improving.....I remember thirty years ago fighting for access to my kids..it was so Partisan in the Family Court that on the notice board in the waiting room was a magnified headline and photo copy that read Men you are wasting your time trying to get custody....the article went on to discuss 10,000 custody cases where male success rate was about 3%...It got worse..the chit of a girl sitting at the appointment desk came over carrying a file Ms ....will see you now....as we walked down the corridor she starts berating me...you don't deserve custody,you let your children starve when you last had custody and took them to Sydney...I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't think of what to say...then followed a terrible half hour of inquisition...I lost my temper,I told the Satans bride conducting this charade what I thought of her and her Court...Stormed out of the office...The Secretary called out as I walked past Mr.....there is some paperwork to do....I walked over to her,Fvuck you and fvuck your paperwork,I Wiped her desk clean with my arm,throwing everything on the floor...she pushes an alarm bell...people came from every where,I was restrained,taken away in the Paddy Wagon....Put in the Cells...The Sargeant took me for an interview,he was a veteran too...very nice sympathetic,seems many of his guys had been put through the cleaners too...One Gendarme walked past me....Good onyer mate he said,pity you didn't have a gun...they let me out and I never heard anything more.

Since the 1970s the rate at which men get primary custody has indeed gone up....less than 1%. Women still get primary custody about 84% of the time in the US.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm deeply moved by the article. Next week will be my Man Up week. I'm gonna find a fat woman I hate and buy her a house.

Suvian

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I have is my own personal experience and this is what it is in respect to this article. I did everything society expected of me. I got good grades, graduated with a good degree, I treated I've ever known fairly, I developed my body to an elite condition, worked hard in a upper middle class job, and have had multiple relationships, some good some bad.

I always thought that this route would eventually make my life very comfortable with money and very satisfying with hot women to sleep with. I came to this website, and after reading a lot of people's experiences I realize that neither of those things is what I want. It's not even about what I want because what I want day to day isn't really important in life.

What is important is that I have enough self awareness to remember and recognize all the work I put into myself and have a high sense of self worth and self respect. What is important is to be in a place where my interactions with people are not about what they think about me, but what I think about them.

Thanks dad for being a living example of this, thanks sosuave for helping me put together the puzzle.