article: Our OnlyFans Culture How prostitution is becoming mainstream

corrector

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't mean they can't be gigolos
He was referring to Mary Magdeline, who was not a disciple. Also Jesus ministered to harlots at that time to forgive their sins and give them a second chance.

Harlots of that time were often on the fringes of society, seen as unclean, and treated with contempt. But they had no man to take care of them, were likely divorced and had to do that in order not to starve to death. A much different situation compared to today where its glorified in feminist society.

Jesus said if a man looks with lust at a woman then he has committed adultery in his heart and is at risk of damnation. (Matt 5:28). To make such a suggestion about His disciples is beyond absurd.

corrector

Banned
Reaction score
Mainstream: having, reflecting, or being compatible with the prevailing attitudes and values of a society or group.

(Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
We live, sadly, in a feminist society. Prostitutes are another expression of freedom of what women can do with their bodies while guys are vilified for buying it. In Canada, its legal to sell, but illegal to buy.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus said if a man looks with lust at a woman then he has committed adultery in his heart and is at risk of damnation. (Matt 5:28). To make such a suggestion about His disciples is beyond absurd.
Absurd is a good word.

Reaction score
Outside of combat?
Absolutely. And I'm not just talking about one particular society - people are murdered all over the world for all sorts of reasons. And while we might pretend only certain (type of) people murder other people, that's not really true. Anyone can be driven to murder someone, if the stakes get high enough.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. And I'm not just talking about one particular society - people are murdered all over the world for all sorts of reasons. And while we might pretend only certain (type of) people murder other people, that's not really true. Anyone can be driven to murder someone, if the stakes get high enough.
Just because people are murdered all over the world for all sorts of reasons does not mean that murder is socially acceptable. To be socially acceptable, something has to a) be legal and b) not considered morally reprehensible.

Reaction score
not considered morally reprehensible.
Impossible. Morality differs all over the world, so what is acceptable somewhere is unacceptable somewhere else.
Anyway, your moral rectitude might have a problem with sex work(ers) but it's still ubiquitous and globally acknowledged and, in some countries, acceptable and legal.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Impossible. Morality differs all over the world, so what is acceptable somewhere is unacceptable somewhere else.
Anyway, your moral rectitude might have a problem with sex work(ers) but it's still ubiquitous and globally acknowledged and, in some countries, acceptable and legal.
I like how you seamlessly transition between subjects. Your previous post was about murder. Give me one example of a society where murder is considered morally acceptable.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of Jesus' disciples were men. 12 Disciples, all guys.
That 12 were elevated by St. Paul (who really founded the Christian Church) was in keeping with 12 being such a nice number, and was in keeping with the 12 tribes of Israel, etc. And of course, society was patriarchal, so they would only be me. :rolleyes: Mary Magdalene was a woman mentioned in the canonical Gospels (and seemingly the only one other than Mary the Mother).

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how you seamlessly transition between subjects. Your previous post was about murder. Give me one example of a society where murder is considered morally acceptable.
The Cosa Nostra? :rolleyes:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Guys, religious content. Please, all of you know the drill.