Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Nvidia CEO predicts the death of coding — Jensen Huang says AI will do the work, so kids don't need to learn

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThePrimeTimeAgean, who is a software engineer at Netflix, predicts that AI will widen the gap between experts and beginners. Experts will become better experts, beginners will remain beginners.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
ThePrimeTimeAgean, who is a software engineer at Netflix, predicts that AI will widen the gap between experts and beginners. Experts will become better experts, beginners will remain beginners.

Yes, because at the end of the day if you don't understand core concepts and how/when/why to use them in what situations and even more importantly when NOT to use them, no amount of AI will help with that.

That's what people who look from the outside don't understand. You actually have to know what the fvck you are doing for AI to be able to help in anything more than a basic situation.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I am a "retired" programmer, and I still speak with friends/colleagues that are still working. One guy in particular told me how his AI bot will, if given the proper prompt, generate the bulk of the code, with programmers like him simply making a few changes. IOW, it VASTLY increases programmer efficiency. And programmer efficiency inevitably leads to a sharp drop in the demand for programmers.
A "sharp drop"?

No. Sure there might be a drop with most of the jobs being junior/entry level type jobs. But there will not be a huge drop. They will realize they can build more things at once now instead of having to shelve projects for later.

Most places have years and years worth of things they want to do but simply can't because they don't have the bandwidth to undertake them and they end up in the backlog. Now they will.

We have things in the backlog still from 2017...other things just keep taking higher priority and it keeps getting pushed back. Most companies are the same.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AI is complete dog5hit for writing extensive code. I've tried getting it to write samples of code and it crashes every time.

What AI is going to do is take over the advertising world and by extension, the spam and scam world. I already come across videos and ads on youtube that have been made entirely with AI. There are likely already hundreds if not thousands of youtube channels that just spit out content for the sole reason of harvesting ad revenue. Blog entries and news articles will likely be victim as well. Why pay people to write thoughtfully when they can just get a computer to spit it out in a few seconds with no cost? Need a pamphlet written about triple pane windows? AI can do that 5hit. Need a script about maxi pads to create a 30 second ad? AI will write it.

But as for complex things like coding or writing a half decent piece of music, AI will fail every single time.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m sure the dinosaurs weren’t worried about an extinction level event either.

:p

p.s. “And on August 29, 1997, Skynet became sentient, deciding the fate of humanity in a nanosecond.” I do have a hard time understanding how half of talks have never watched Star Wars…

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m sure the dinosaurs weren’t worried about an extinction level event either.
On the other hand, there is the Gartner Hype Cycle. AI is at the Peak of Inflated Expectations. The Trough of Dillusionment happens when limitations are found. Until extinction does actually happen, it's nothing more than speculation.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Of course I’m using hyperbole to joke with you guys. It’s my belief that the state of the art is always a few years removed from our collective knowledge.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean it won't be the death of coding, new code will become far more valuable since it can be implemented essentially in perpetuity forever but the input still needs to be initially given to the AI.

AI is simply top tier pattern recognition, if the coding isn't able to be conceived through said pattern recognition which currently it can't be then we can't fully remove the human element and we are a long way off from AI producing unique functional code, however AI can leverage money against an objective and hire a human to form a unique code to fulfill that objective; we often forget that the abyss stares back.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy must not be a programmer looking for work, but rather a shill from industry wanting to continue to flood the job market with cheap H1B programmers. :mad:
My one-sentence post started with "A tech industry analyst." I'm starting to think the forum software is causing problems in the way it downplays the content of our posts, like it did with mine.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
My one-sentence post started with "A tech industry analyst." I'm starting to think the forum software is causing problems in the way it downplays the content of our posts, like it did with mine.
The "Forum Software" doesn't "downplay" anything. I have no idea what you're alluding to. Threads are bumped to the top of the Unread forum listing whenever someone replies and adds to it. Subjects are listed chiefly chronologically and by popularity, determined by how much activity is in the thread. No one has replied to your comment simply because they have chosen not to.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't say i'm surprised you ever try to build a website on fiverr!?

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The "Forum Software" doesn't "downplay" anything. I have no idea what you're alluding to. Threads are bumped to the top of the Unread forum listing whenever someone replies and adds to it. Subjects are listed chiefly chronologically and by popularity, determined by how much activity is in the thread. No one has replied to your comment simply because they have chosen not to.
I think you're missing the context needed to understand my complaint. I posted a comment [1] with a Twitter link. MatureDJ replied [2] speculating about who posted on Twitter. But my post introduced this person as a "A tech industry analyst" [1], so there was no need to speculate. It appears MatureDJ, and probably others, did not read my comment. I have stripped away the link to Twitter to make my comment more visible here [1]. You can scroll earlier in this thread to see my original post and compare. It is very easy to miss my comment and focus on the Twitter link, which I believe is a problem.

[1]
A tech industry analyst cited 11 past things that were supposed to kill coding - I think there's room for one more.
[2]
This guy must not be a programmer looking for work, but rather a shill from industry wanting to continue to flood the job market with cheap H1B programmers. :mad:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Years ago, robotics was supposed to replace all of the factory workers. We still have factory workers.

Years ago, ATM's were supposed to replace the bank tellers. We still have bank tellers.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Cognition AI can turn a user's prompt into a video game."

AI-generated video games will all be crappy games. The games may be technically playable but AI does not know a thing about Art Direction or things like affordances which go into video game design. The games will also be very generic.

Last edited: