MatureDJ
Master Don Juan
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2006
- Messages
- 12,690
- Reaction score
- 5,129
Is Marriage Obsolete?
Maybe it is, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t good reasons to do it anyway.
I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.
The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.
Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
I think its been obsolete for a long time. Feminazis, hypergamy, and social media attention wh0res addicted to instant validation certainly have not been helping.![]()
Is Marriage Obsolete?
Maybe it is, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t good reasons to do it anyway.www.thecut.com
So marriage is used as a structure to control a man and lock in access to his resources?I think its been obsolete for a long time. Feminazis, hypergamy, and social media attention wh0res addicted to instant validation certainly have not been helping.
Most marriages end in divorce, and the ones that don´t, How many are truly happy? How many dudes do you know IRL that are actually happy in their marriage? For a long time, happiness in marriage has been the exception rather than the rule.
And maybe that´s just the tip of the iceberg? You go exclusive and in theory, only one girl in the whole world is your only access to sex. You feel like a quickie? Oh to bad, your woman is not available right now, or maybe she is but doesn´t want sex right now for whatever reason.So marriage is used as a structure to control a man and lock in access to his resources?
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
![]()
Is Marriage Obsolete?
Maybe it is, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t good reasons to do it anyway.www.thecut.com