Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Dating apps and a drastically changing relationship landscape

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best place for dating/ game in the US is ironically universities. In most schools women outnumber men because of declining male achievement and record levels of women attending universities. Males are now affirmative action accepted into universities because there are not enough of them-- this is a pretty new trend, but shows how crazy college is for getting women easily. If you are in social sciences/ liberal arts/ communications/ arts realms women will outnumber men by large factor. Also in universities women are way less choosy because there are not enough men to go around; the total opposite of dating apps. At some smaller liberal arts universities the male female ratio is easily 45:55 or even 40:60, no joke.
If universities are the best place for dating/game, that leads to 2 observations.

1. While that is good in the moment for students, a lot of relationships formed in college don't stand the test of time. See chart below.
As college enrollments increased in the 1970s-1990s, romantic relationships formed during the college years increased. As soon as the Millennials started getting to campus in the early 2000s, LTRs formed through random introductions in college, such as through extracurricular campus activities, started declining.

How Heterosexual Couples Meet.jpg

2. If biological sex ratios in college are that unfavorable to women, what's stopping women in more populous areas (say 100,000+) from looking on the apps in their cities? Or going to bars in their cities away from the universities that are sausage fests?

Additionally, fitness classes have even more extreme ratio versions than college campuses. Despite fitness classes skewing female, they aren't that easy for pickup. It could be that fitness classes are a small portion of the day for generally post college women, whereas college is more encompassing in someone's life. I think it is worth discussing that the fitness class example.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vikings raided foreign lands, first and foremost, in search of treasure. They were no different from other raiders in that respect. Their favorite targets were monasteries (monks tended to accumulate gold and other material goods donated by the community).

Vikings did capture slaves, both male and female, as did pretty much all other invading tribes of that era. Some of those slaves were sold and some were kept as workers and personal servants. That was a natural byproduct of a marauding lifestyle. However, there is no historical basis for the suggestion that Vikings sailed to far away lands because they couldn’t get women at home. Pvssy was never their primary motivation.

In fact, there is no historical precedent for men of any civilization or culture undertaking dangerous weeks or months-long voyages to foreign lands in search of girlfriends. Pvssy shortage is a relatively recent phenomenon that first manifested itself in colonial America due to the lopsided ratio between male and female colonists. Historically, d!ck shortage was a far greater concern, because men had a low life expectancy due to constant wars.
From the article (for those to lazy to check it out)
In other words, just like people today gather material items - cars, a house, the new iPhone - to achieve a social certain status, so did Vikings. Except one of those was wives.

According to the team, this type of marriage likely created a shortage of eligible women, because powerful men married many of them, leaving the average Viking man wifeless.

This 'monopolisation' of women forced the regular men to get a bit feisty, the team says, causing many of them to perform riskier and riskier things to gain enough wealth and power to find a suitable match - or, matches because, you know, polygyny.

We already discussed many times how women in the past were (had to be)capable of completely shifting their lifes and family ties due losing men through wars , hard labor ect. The romantic idea is that women would be widowers for their remaining lives,, but more realistic is the theory that widowers at some point realized they had to move on and remarry to start a new family and survive.

Ironically enough the Stockholm syndrome comes to mind. A woman taken away from her original family and birthplace , at some point might've realized she is better of starting a new life with her new " boss". Slave trade was a normal thing, and no doubt you were better off if you managed to get a position where the boss viewed you as equal instead of hard labor for the rest of your life( think about Ragnar and Athelstan).

To me it makes alotta sense . The common Scandinavian man lived under harsh conditions, and a raid promised him money ,reputation and prosperity. Take the trip and you either go to Valhalla, or come back loaded with slaves and money( and get to pick your own "exotic wive".)

If I am correct I red somewhere here this might be a reason why women are capable of monkey branching so easily. It was basic survival, and women nowadays still possess this " skill".

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's interesting about this graph to me is that meeting in bars and restaurants is also on the rise in the last few decades. It's the second highest at nearly 30% compared to the 40% from online.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true what you say - but who cares - let's take advantage of the situation. Its not hard to be in the top 5% of guys. Most people put no effort into their life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's interesting about this graph to me is that meeting in bars and restaurants is also on the rise in the last few decades. It's the second highest at nearly 30% compared to the 40% from online.
I recall seeing in the 2009 data set from those researchers that it was called "bars/restaurants/other public places". I think that's where daygame factors into it. My sense is that few relationships form through non-bar random stranger approaching.

SMU Brah

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a sales career and hate to say it, but everything's a numbers game. Every. Fuarking. Thing. Sales is sheer numbers. Job hunting. Networking. Social interactions. Day/night game. Dating apps.

Every male is playing the same game as far as dating apps are concerned, on average swiping right on 50 percent of profiles, but some doing that with nearly 100per cent of profiles. Online relationships may of jumped up to 35-40 percent, but that still leaves 60-65 percent for all other avenues. A cold approach, while ballsy, and with a high chance of failure still might convert if you do a ton of them, and integrate cold approach into your daily life. When you truly get it, you become outcome independent, and don't fear the rejection, which strengthens your frame and gives you more chances at success.

Just to reference the above graph, bar/restaurant equates to a cold approach, and it accounts for like ~25 percent of relationships. I like that number, it's way higher than I thought. A true blind/cold approach would be rare tho, because almost no male does this. It's sorta like cold calls or emails, people don't realize it's an effective sales method because they perceive the possibility of success of being zero. Untrue. You will get rejected **** tons, and resist doing it, almost everyone quits, but as the rejections build, you develop confidence, and start getting success because of the quantity/ which is almost like a universal thing/ rule. I did a very niche type of sales and it was something like rejection 99.9% of the time. However, this is an extreme case, but the sale always happened on the thousandth attempt and made all the rejection worth it.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the most attractive men i know, that date the hottest women dont even use dating apps. theres a lesson there.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the most attractive men i know, that date the hottest women dont even use dating apps. theres a lesson there.
Yes, there's it. It's the same idea behind why you'd never see a Rolex sold in a gas station's convenience store. It's not the right place to find a market for it.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s like saying Bill Gates doesn’t work a 9-5 so I shouldn’t. Dude you aren’t Bill Gates lol
as in, dating apps are filled with average men, expecting to get laid with average women at just a swipe. this is a pipe dream. its how they make money.

so the stats about apps and dating etc mean nothing. guys taking the apps seriously are inheritely loosers anyway. at most apps should be something in background you check from time to time, in between dating women from the real world

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the usual explanation for Vikings that I learned in school was that they ran out of food when it got colder and harder to farm (the little ice age) so they went south.
Hmm, the age of VIking exploration was in the Medieval Warm Period, when it was so warm, that Iceland & Greenland were considered as possible new places to live.

The Little Ice Age was was from 1450-1850; it caused Europeans to want to want to colonize the world, especially in the Americas.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of people that never use dating apps. This includes most women, because most women don't need to use them.
Yup or if they do use it they are out of there within a month quality women don't have to use dating apps. I would say 70% of women are not quality (not sure about the men since I don't date men)

WIth a recission and food shortage
dating is gonna get a whole lot worse for men
Men that are well off, well have the time of their lives though when a loaf of bread is a $100

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Key Points:
  • Dating opportunities for heterosexual men are diminishing as relationship standards rise.
    • What ever happened to the whole thing years ago that 20% of men are fvcking 80% of the women? That is still true. It's competitive out there, women are trying to find the best attainable man just as I'm doing the same.
  • Men represent approximately 62% of dating app users, lowering their chances for matches.
    • There are more men on these apps because women have far better avenues to meet someone than you typical male.
  • Men need to address skills deficits to meet healthier relationship expectations.
    • YES! Men need to develop themselves much more mentally than physically. It's all in your mindset. The author must have stumbled across this site recently. Nothing new, we've been preaching this for decades
I can't believe there isn't a Comments section. It would be so freakin' entertaining!
The first Key point is huge, something I learned my first year on Sosuave 2009
Most guys don't have the opportunities or access to meet women i.e. Social circle, hanging out with people their age
Sure guys can go to a bar/club and do dating apps but who wants to do that shyt in their 30s? (this is coming from a guy who is in his 30s)
Social Circle used to be shunned by the PUA's but this is how you see the average guy with an average girl, or average guy with a hot girl

a lot of guys don't have access to women in a setting where they already have value. Cold-approach? she doesn't know you value. IN the club she doesn't know but social circle she does cause you hang out with her for awhile and she gets to know the real you

For the average Gen Z and Millienaial it's rough people don't go out to socialize the night scene is dead a looming recission, sexual frustartion and loneliness will continue to rise oh and I didn't even talk about the Meta verse which will be main stream within 20 years

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most guys don't have the opportunities or access to meet women i.e. Social circle, hanging out with people their age
Sure guys can go to a bar/club and do dating apps but who wants to do that shyt in their 30s? (this is coming from a guy who is in his 30s)
Social Circle used to be shunned by the PUA's but this is how you see the average guy with an average girl, or average guy with a hot girl
I will demonstrate what a "social circle" looks like for a 30-42 year old single male who isn't living in the hometown where he spent his birth - age 18 years. I'm demonstrating what a semi-regular guy will have. This is a guy with social skills in the normal range. Adult males who live in the same area as where they grew up have a better chance of having a social circle capable of introductions but even that is far from a guarantee. What I'm about to describe might even be applicable for the more geographically fixed guy.

A 30-42 year old "normal-ish" male will have a social circle consisting of mostly other 30-42 year old people. Since he's 30+, the social circle will be mostly couples. The unattached male will have mostly male friends in committed LTRs or marriages. The girlfriends/wives from these committed LTRs and marriages have many other coupled up friends/acquaintances but there is an off chance that one or two of the girlfriends/wives knows an unattached female. The unattached female that one of these girlfriends/wives knows is likely a 30+ woman who has been riding the carousel, has a double digit notch count, likely a pet or two, and has an active profile on Hinge/Bumble. The only advantage you MIGHT get from knowing the girlfriend/wife is that you'll be able to get this unattached social circle connection's attention much more easily than you would on Hinge/Bumble.

Unattached 30 something men who have exhausted their social circles are going to nightlife venues or doing swipe apps (Tinder/Bumble/Hinge). In recent years (even in the 5 years or so prior to the onset of the pandemic), more of these 30 something guys were sitting at home in their underwear and swiping rather than pounding out 5-10 approach nights in the bar/club. Most 30 something guys in the past decade have been pusssy beggars on apps trying to get with carousel riding, similarly aged 30 something women. These men are fortunate if those similarly aged, 30 something women are childless. Many are childless, as White women with BA/BS degrees + working professional jobs are good at concealing their bed hopping with their diligent use of birth control.

A beta male is far more likely to have a relationship with his looks equal or slightly higher if he has a better than average social circle. If a beta has to fight it out approaching in-person or on the swipe apps, he's generally not going to have good outcomes.

For the average Gen Z and Millienaial it's rough people don't go out to socialize the night scene is dead a looming recission, sexual frustartion and loneliness will continue to rise
Right now, Millennials are 26-41 years old if we use the Pew Research definition (birth years 1981-1996). There are a lot of 1980s born Millennials (33-41 right now) who never developed good social skills. At 39, I'm an older Millennial. Even in the early 2000s to mid-2000s, an older Millennial could have gotten away with not socializing much as the online dating websites were developed and de-stigmatized by then and you could have slid into DMs in the early days of MySpace or Facebook. Swipe apps, Twitter, and Instagram were how those things evolved. Text messaging evolved from AOL Instant Messanger.

Tech-assisted dating didn't fully become the norm until about 2013, when Tinder was about a year old.

It's well known that male sexlessness increased once Tinder launched, but had actually been starting to rise around 2008 when the economy went to shiit.

The pandemic also made nightlife worse. It also ruined some forms of indoor daygame, like grocery store, book store, and mall approaching.