"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Arranging Manhattan Meet

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I've been talking to this one lady and she wants to meet. She actually is from around where I live, but has an apt. in Manhattan. She told me where her apt is, and I found a pub on Yelp which is cheap near her. One issue is she had some surgery on her foot or something and had a boot on her right foot until the 12th of February and she's up for meeting up soon.

What's the best way to play this?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
She is bored from sitting at home. Looking for something to do. Careful.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
She is bored from sitting at home. Looking for something to do. Careful.
I'm sure she is. I've been delaying the meet for a couple of weeks. Not sure if I can delay it anymore. Just wonder if the boot would get in the way of getting physical. I told her I was away on vacay for the next few days to buy me some time. Not sure if I can extend that until middle Feb. when the boot comes off. She had surgery on her achilles tendon or something.

She mentioned her apartment, suggest couple of drinks at her place.
A bit bold. I've never been able to get a lady to agree to let me met her at her place prior to meeting up.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
How do you picture a date with her having a boot on. Ok, firstly it is physically could be a challenge, secondly she will feel awkward out. So what you gotta do is tell her, let's have some drinks, and give her a choice, bar or her place. Maybe she can't go out because of that foot.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

steelpulse

Banned
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
92
Reaction score
37
Age
34
I've been talking to this one lady and she wants to meet. She actually is from around where I live, but has an apt. in Manhattan. She told me where her apt is, and I found a pub on Yelp which is cheap near her. One issue is she had some surgery on her foot or something and had a boot on her right foot until the 12th of February and she's up for meeting up soon.

What's the best way to play this?
It sounds like you are doing great with online dating. What sites or apps do you think are best?
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
We can meet at *yelp pub* for 7:30 on Friday. Or I can bring over a bottle of wine for us if you don’t want to stress your foot

Pretend like her boot doesn’t exist except when it really does matter - walking, potential sex, etc. Treat her normally otherwise. Frame, escalate, charm, have a good time.

Don’t think too much, Toad
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
We can meet at *yelp pub* for 7:30 on Friday. Or I can bring over a bottle of wine for us if you don’t want to stress your foot

Pretend like her boot doesn’t exist except when it really does matter - walking, potential sex, etc. Treat her normally otherwise. Frame, escalate, charm, have a good time.

Don’t think too much, Toad
I've done that before, via text, and it didn't work out to my advantage. She claimed all I was after was sex and said no thanks.
 

steelpulse

Banned
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
92
Reaction score
37
Age
34
Rick the toad is killin it on online dating. What sites and apps do you get best results with?
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
How do you picture a date with her having a boot on. Ok, firstly it is physically could be a challenge, secondly she will feel awkward out. So what you gotta do is tell her, let's have some drinks, and give her a choice, bar or her place. Maybe she can't go out because of that foot.
I have no idea. I am going to serious consider Flow's advice and find a pub close to her pad and say we can meet here or I can grab a nice bottle of wine and meet you at your place. I am just concerned about your ability to move around the city with a boot on your foot. Your choice.

It sounds like you are doing great with online dating. What sites or apps do you think are best?
Comes and goes. For the Jewish ladies, I get them on JSwipe. For the non-Jewish ladies, Bumble or Match. I am not Jewish, but these ladies do not seem to care.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
I've done that before, via text, and it didn't work out to my advantage. She claimed all I was after was sex and said no thanks.
That was with that particular woman. This is a new woman with different circumstances. This messsge I said is actually quite considerate; plus she did tell you where she already lives. I think she’s waiting for you to simply suggest now
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
That was with that particular woman. This is a new woman with different circumstances. This messsge I said is actually quite considerate; plus she did tell you where she already lives. I think she’s waiting for you to simply suggest now
I'll try. I expect a push back as I found a place a half a block away from her street. Most NYC ladies know when they invite a man over, something particular is on their mind. Unless she has a roommate. Who knows. I'll have a recorder on me regardless if we meetup at the bar or her place.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
I'll try. I expect a push back as I found a place a half a block away from her street. Most NYC ladies know when they invite a man over, something particular is on their mind. Unless she has a roommate. Who knows. I'll have a recorder on me regardless if we meetup at the bar or her place.
A recorder?
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Nope, she doesn't want to meet at her place nor at the second place that I suggested. She claims the place is dirty and seedy and suggested another place. She then asked what am I looking for and when are we meeting. Didn't think that would fly, not really sure how to respond. Think this one is dead.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
A recorder?
Yes, just in case. She just got back to me and okay'd my original meetup place. Though I'm having second thoughts. I wonder if I'll be wasting my time. After all, I do not think she believes me that I'm looking for "something real and to building something" after I just asked to meetup at her place. You know she'll have her guard up.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Nope, she doesn't want to meet at her place nor at the second place that I suggested. She claims the place is dirty and seedy and suggested another place. She then asked what am I looking for and when are we meeting. Didn't think that would fly, not really sure how to respond. Think this one is dead.
You could go to the place she suggested. It’s simply a first meet to see if you even like her. She does sound a bit like a princess though.

To answer her question about what you’re looking for; tell her ‘someone I can connect with, and you?’ If she gives more headaches, her interest isn’t high enough.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Yes, just in case. She just got back to me and okay'd my original meetup place. Though I'm having second thoughts. I wonder if I'll be wasting my time. After all, I do not think she believes me that I'm looking for "something real and to building something" after I just asked to meetup at her place. You know she'll have her guard up.
They always have their guards up. This is why we learn to finesse and be charming.

Think of women as a house. They rarely let anyone in through the front door. Guys before you have taken advantage of that. It’s guarded and locked. Have to go inthrough a window, attic window, basement window, bedroom window, etc. Every person has an entry way which is open. Just have to take a look and see who she is
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
You could go to the place she suggested. It’s simply a first meet to see if you even like her. She does sound a bit like a princess though.

To answer her question about what you’re looking for; tell her ‘someone I can connect with, and you?’ If she gives more headaches, her interest isn’t high enough.
She agreed to the second place, which is a couple blocks from her apt. I'll set it up from Friday unless something better comes along. The princess vibe bothers me a bit.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Geeez JSwap! I wonder what kind of creative name they will come up with for black dating. AFSwap! Nah man, don't be concerned about her foot. First you find a pub near her, that's one extent to show high IL on your part, and then you are concerned with her foot. Maybe she is concerned about her foot as well, or even self conscious about it enough to skip the dating game until it heals. I too had a foot recently, and I would never consider going anywhere with it, going anywhere just takes forever, that walk down an apartment that takes 2 minutes, could take 10 minutes, it's a nightmare. Go for her apartment as a first suggestion in your sentence, and the pub as second to let her know you prefer her place and it's alright with you.

By the way you fvcked up a few things around in another thread about suggesting the guy something about 3 - 4 days waiting and then calling, you basically told him to be a champ and let the girl know he has nothing to do for several days.
 
Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,699
Reaction score
5,130
You should have said that you could come over to her place and figure out what to do. Then once over there, offer to get a bottle of wine to drink at her place. Then make sure when you are spooning her that you have her on her side that is the same as the leg with the boot.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top