"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Are you scared of success?

Recluce

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
Age
43
I've been here almost 2 months now and i've learned quite a bit about a topic that, previously, I learned that I knew very little about. I read article after article, for hours on end, day after day. Soaking in, memorizing and reevaluating my past relationships and experiences with the opposite sex that i've had in the past. I joined up in the bootcamp and decided to stay dedicated to it and all of the exercises.

In the past 4 weeks, i've read all of the articles, listened to the suggested music and completed each exercise to the fullest extent. Each week, I could feel the confidence growing inside of myself. Giving me new life and reasons to be more social and get out from behind this machine that i've become so attached to over the past 10 years.

Even with all my newfound confidence, all the information that I have learned, and all of the experiences that I've had in the past couple of months, I still felt like there was something inside of myself that was holding me back, keeping me coming back to this message board on a daily basis, for hours a day. It is something that I have felt for many months, possibly even years now. What is this fear?

The fear that I have found within myself is the fear of the unknown. The fear that I might actually know what I am doing in a certain situation, but not be completely prepared... or as prepared for the next situation as I was for the one leading to it.

Inside my head, I tell myself that I know the game now. I KNOW that I know it. Without a doubt. I've read the entire DJBible multiple times. I know the mentality that I should have, and I have it...up until I come to a point that I have not become comfortable with yet. That is when I step into the land of the unfamiliar and place myself inside my bubble until I can build up enough confidence to take another step into this unfamiliar land. With each step, I placed myself inside this bubble yet again, slowing down my potential progress. With each person this process starts over and ends with taking one more step into the unknown land then coming back to these boards to find the next step, even though I already know what it is!!

What I am trying to get across in this tip is that while you may feel like you are advancing by taking it one step at a time, sometimes you need to step out of the bubble and run free without worry of not knowing what might happen next or how you will handle it. By doing this you will learn this uncharted land much faster than taking it one step at a time. You are a man, your instincts will guide you. Learning to follow your instincts and gut feelings will not only help you in your dating life, but all aspects of your life as well.

Dont be scared of success, look forward to it as it presents you with new opportunities to learn from and enhance your life.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

smokez01

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I need to look at this more indepth i think, in the past whenever i would have a girl attracted to me, and everything, we would talk, blah blah blah, hang out once or twice, then id run and hide in my shell to be worried about what would happen, i dont know why, its basically still now these days also, id be so interested in tlaking with a girl, that id just be scared of the outcome, i dont do it purposly, it just happens, but im learning
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Shear willpower is the key.
 

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
416
Reaction score
34
Location
New york, New York
This is a very interesting topic because people don't realize that sometimes you can be as afraid of succeeding as you can be of failing.

Usually, this is because success or the prospect of it seems new and you know that things will change and we humans have a natural fear of the unknown and the unfamiliar.

Sometimes, it is easier to take success in smaller doses and look for small wins first and work your way up to bigger wins.

This way, success isn't as big a shock to your mind.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top