"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Are YOU an AFC? (Many of you could be and not even know it!)

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
OK....

This is probably going to be my most controversial thread.

I see a lot of people here every day. I've noticed that there seems to be a term that a lot of people use to define a person who may not know the art of women and dating. This term is called an AFC (Average Frusterated Chump).

I use this term myself now because it is considered the norm. But has anyone ever sat down and asked themselves...."could I be an AFC and not even know it?"

Now most guys here will tell you that an AFC is somebody who is cluless in the world of women and dating, and who looks to women for approval or try to impress her. Most guys here will also tell you that an AFC is somebody who has a low self esteem, and is most of all, VERY INSECURE.

Now that you know what an AFC is, now it is time to apply this to yourself. However, you cannot see if you are an AFC or not if you do not look at your actions ALL the time, not just around women.....and this is the point that I'm trying to bring up.

Now like I've said, I see many people here posting things everyday, and I'm sorry to say that I've noticed some kind of pattern. It seems that a lot of people on this site look at women and dating as if it were some kind of puzzle to figure out depending on the woman. Most guys will go through some huge, complicated game plan to IMPRESS HER. Now I know this isn't making sense right now, but stay with me here....

It seems to me that a lot of guys here look at getting an attractive woman as if it were some magic formula they needed to create. They look at the process of getting the girl as if you needed 2 parts this, and 2 parts that.....no matter how YOU felt, or the situation, you had to follow the formula to prove to her that you were different from all those other "AFC's"

For example, a lot of guys here teach that in order to get a beautiful woman attracted to you, you need to do things that "put her in her place". Things such as "neg-hits" and "ignoring her", etc. are used to do this.

Here's a question.........Why are you using these techniques?

Are you using these techniques because some guy told you that this would make her more attracted to you? C'mon now....what does that sound like? That's basically going out of your way to IMPRESS HER. If you are using "neg-hits" and "blow-offs" to make her feel as if you're not interested in her because of her beauty or status or whatever, you want her to be IMPRESSED. Otherwise....you wouldn't be doing it! You want her to admire you by your seeing PAST her beauty or status......thus you're seeking her approval and you don't even know you're doing it!

Am I making sense?

When you first meet an HB9-10, do you honestly feel that most of them give you any reason whatsoever in the very beginning to believe that they are stuck-up attention *****s, besides their looks?

Probably not. You just ASSUME that they are because of their beauty or status. Now what does THAT sound like? INSECURITY in it's ugliest form.

Think about it......why on earth would you assume such a thing when there isn't any real proof that ALL exceptional looking women are stuck up attention *****s? Maybe it's because you feel these types of women have a REASON to be!? Maybe in some form you feel that a HB10 has a VALID REASON to think that she is better than you or out of your league, so you assume that she DOES!?

Now I'm going to get REALLY profound here, so read carefully....

Here's an analogy. There's three people that live in an apartment as roomates: Bill, Stacey, and Brian. One day, Bill steals 50 bucks out of Stacey's purse. When Stacey gets home from work, she finds 50 bucks stolen from her purse. She approaches Brian and asks him if he knew anything about it, and easily says "no". She then asks Bill about it, and he immediatly blurts out, "I didn't steal your money!". Bill immediatly feels like he's being accused because his MIND is accusing him.....not her. He's just confusing HER with his own MIND.

Now apply this to women.....when a "DJ" first meets a woman, he sub-consciously believes that this woman is out of his league...So when he finally meets the woman, he will assume that she thinks she's too good for him (kinda like the Bill feeling as if Stacey is accusing him), even if she is giving him no proof of her thinking this way. He will just FEEL like she sees him as lower status because his own MIND is TELLING him that he is.

I think you see where I'm going....

Whether you know it or not....you could possibly feel as if she is out of your league because YOU feel as if she is. So you feel as if she SHOULD feel that she is out of your league - therefore, you feel as if you have to BRING HER DOWN into YOUR league, so that you can handle her and she can be more manegable.

It couldn't possibly be because you've dated a ton of beautiful women and they ALL turned out to be snobby attention *****s, because you would not still be trying to hook up with them if that was the case.

A lot of guys here act as if they have to treat an HB9-10 DIFFERENTLY than they would treat any other woman. And WHY? WHY do so many guys here act as if beautiful women are somehow a different species from any other women? The reason tends to stem from their own HEADS than from the women themselves.

A lot of guys here act as if communication with a beautiful woman requires some sort of "tools" to make her attracted to them. And whether they feel right about using them or not; in order to win her heart they feel that they have to use them simply because of her LOOKS. These tools such as "neg-hits" and such are basically used to show her that they are "high status" and not intimidated by her looks. Here's MY theory......if you're REALLY not intimidated by her, then you wouldn't be trying to SHOW her that you aren't....

And THAT is what ends my big old long rant. To sum it up, a lot of you guys on this site might be guilty of this. A lot of you may just be trying to put on this facade that you're some kind of "tough guy" for the exact same reason that an "AFC" would buy her flowers.......maybe you're BOTH actually AFC's?

Keep in mind that I'm not accusing anyone of being AFC's, but it really is something that every DJ needs to think about.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

THA REALNESS

Banned
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Location
Yo Momma 's Snatch
There is a difference between AFC and being a nerd. A nerd is a nerd is a nerd, a dork ,a herb,a puzzy.


An AFC is someone who is bad with women.That's it.
 

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
AFC stands for Average FRUSTERATED Chump. If these people weren't FRUSTERATED, they wouldn't be resorting to manipulative techniques that don't feel right to them. They'd be SATISFIED with their dating life if they weren't AFC's, and they wouldn't be resorting to "trickery" to get the girl.
 

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
Tha Realness, you actually bring up a pretty good, and obvious point here.

You say "An AFC is someone who is bad with women". I think what this site really offers is help for guys out there who are not great with women, especially emphasizing ones that they want but aren't interested. I mean, if anyone here did NOT have some AFC tendencies, whatever the definition, they would probably be getting the women they want already and wouldn't even know the existence of this site.

Rest assured though, even the best guy with women will have some AFC tendencies. It's just something that will manifest itself in the male (and female sometimes) species. For every girl a guy can get, there will be another bunch of girls that he can't, but wants. It's a neverending ladder.

For example, I'd absolutely love to get Jessica Alba to go out with me, but even if I didn't think she's a 10, you can't overlook the fact that she may be trying to get another guy to go out with HER. Because of this, her pursuit of the other guy places you in a position where you're chasing her whether you like it or not. Either that, or your next option is to move on to another girl. I mean, what else can you do in such a situation besides move on? Do you really think that you can somehow convince her to like you? You'd better be a damn good salesman to accomplish that.

I don't think that it's more about thinking that women are out of your league. I certainly don't ever think that way. The main problem that seems to prevail here the most is that you have guys pursuing girls that may not be interested in them. That's the issue. If there were mutual interest, the sailing would be much smoother. I've done some things that would be considered AFC in the past, but it scored me some girlfriends mainly because they were so interested in me already that those things won't hurt you much.

As for the neg-hits and blow-offs as methods to impress a girl, I'm not sure how much I agree with that either. First off, I was never a big believer in those techniques, and I don't follow too many rules here on the website. If anything, most of my posts are controversial in that sense as well, and I've gotten my share of flames. That doesn't mean I get all the women I go after, because it just doesn't work that way, and you have to accept that. This to me means that if you see a girl you like, but she doesn't like you, I really don't think there's a lot you can do whether you use these so-called "techniques" on this site, or just be yourself. In the long run though, it's better to just be yourself because the girl you're going to ultimately end up with will hopefully like you for the type of guy that you are, whether you're a dork or whatever. This may be a girl that perhaps isn't Jessica Alba, but hopefully someone who you'll be happy with.
 

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
358
Reaction score
3
This thread sucks and is boring. After first paragraph I stopped reading.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
Rest assured though, even the best guy with women will have some AFC tendencies. It's just something that will manifest itself in the male (and female sometimes) species. For every girl a guy can get, there will be another bunch of girls that he can't, but wants. It's a neverending ladder.
That's definatly the case, and I totally agree with you....but as a DJ one cannot let that effect him, and he has to move on. I think I do see what you are saying: that no matter how many girls a DJ gets there will always be some that he wants but cannot get. That is very true.

For example, I'd absolutely love to get Jessica Alba to go out with me, but even if I didn't think she's a 10, you can't overlook the fact that she may be trying to get another guy to go out with HER. Because of this, her pursuit of the other guy places you in a position where you're chasing her whether you like it or not. Either that, or your next option is to move on to another girl. I mean, what else can you do in such a situation besides move on? Do you really think that you can somehow convince her to like you? You'd better be a damn good salesman to accomplish that.
I think Jessica Alba is HOT too. However, if you were to ever have a chance with Jessica Alba....it wouldn't be because you believe that she is of higher status than yourself (this is why celebs tend to only date celebs...because other celebs won't believe they are of lower status).

I don't think that it's more about thinking that women are out of your league. I certainly don't ever think that way.
But a lot of people here do, they just don't see it until it's pointed out to them....

The main problem that seems to prevail here the most is that you have guys pursuing girls that may not be interested in them.
That could be the case. But I like to think of it more as if the girl might be interested in them initially.....but their little "tricks and techniques" end up killing the attraction that was created.
 
Top