Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are you a slave, or a Free Man?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freedom of speech does not mean you can incite people to go on a murderous spree, that's premeditated murder.
Straw man. Nothing in my post suggest recommending murder. Only publicly expressing an opinion.
Freedom to choose ur own lunch pack does not mean you can enter any shop and take food without paying, that's theft.
Straw man. I never said anything about stealing. I only suggested about the freedom to SELL something to a voluntarily paying customer. Nothing about that has anything to do with stealing.

You are PURPOSELY misconstruing my argument so it's easier for you to argue with.
Atom offered an idea or solution to free oneself from the chains that bind men within the feminine imperative.
Atom asked if we were SLAVES or if we were FREE.

He certainly implied that the ONLY difference between being a slave and being free was how one treated the "feminine imperative."

My reply was simply a reminder that they are SEVERAL LAYERS of freedom and slavery.

But you needed to equate that with THEFT AND MURDER in order to counter my point.

I would also suggest that plenty of MGTOW types would say THEIR idea of freedom is much more desirable than getting married.

And I would also suggest that their arguments are JUST AS COMPELLING as Atom's.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Straw man. Nothing in my post suggest recommending murder. Only publicly expressing an opinion.

Straw man. I never said anything about stealing. I only suggested about the freedom to SELL something to a voluntarily paying customer. Nothing about that has anything to do with stealing.

You are PURPOSELY misconstruing my argument so it's easier for you to argue with.

He certainly implied that the ONLY difference between being a slave and being free was how one treated the "feminine imperative."

My reply was simply a reminder that they are SEVERAL LAYERS of freedom and slavery.

But you needed to equate that with THEFT AND MURDER in order to counter my point.

I would also suggest that plenty of MGTOW types would say THEIR idea of freedom is much more desirable than getting married.

And I would also suggest that their arguments are JUST AS COMPELLING as Atom's.
Freedom is an emotion.

Those examples I listed in my above post is different shades of that emotion so that it's easier for you to memorise it and store it in ur rational brain functions for future use.

It's not a strawman nor a strawberry, it's just facts of several examples within a singular emotion called freedom.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score

That’s what you got from it? That wasn’t what it was even about. Look deeper. That’s as shallow as Guru in a thread I just left. Surface understanding of life.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The exposure of habits of thinking and internal paradigms that this thread has drawn out is pretty fascinating. There are some who get it (the advanced thinkers), some who have a hint that there is something here for them (the thinkers and intuitives who are well on their way) and finally, the nay-sayers (who are not ready to escape their current comfortable living quarters).

Most of us here are getting overly philosophical and abstract about the subject matter in my view.

This is a site that is about getting our relationships with woman handled, first and foremost, and so I write with that overarching fact in mind. Secondarily (but a very close second), it's about self-improvement and living an effective, successful life.

Let's get back to the basics. How did I couch the concept of freedom vs. slavery? Freedom from what?

Freedom from your current story and your history. Both of these are shackles that hold us back from relating well with women and often, succeeding in life.

Your current story consists of the beliefs you hold about yourself, about women, and about your ability to change and succeed. It's your self-definition. Your history is where you came from, the events that happened in your life which helped to form your current story.

Freedom is understanding that both your story and your history are nothing more than a pile of beliefs and memories that together tell you who you are, and what you can and cannot do in life. I have seen amusing videos of cats where someone makes a box around the cat out of tape on the carpet. The cat is inside the tape box, and it thinks it cannot walk over the artificial border that it sees, so it sniffs at the border and walks around its perimeter and just "knows" that it cannot step over the border and escape the box. The reality of course is that it's nothing more than a visual representation of a box that can be easily stepped over.

I think of horses in the old westerns that are trained from birth that a little insignificant rope can hold them where they are. The principle works similarly with elephants. You can tie up and restrain a baby elephant with a small rope, and as the elephant grows up it "knows" it can't escape and do what it wants because that's what its history taught it as a baby. In reality, the adult elephant could snap that rope like a thread and walk away.

What I did about 10 years ago was ripped up my current story about myself and my history, declared them null and void, and created a new reality based on what I wanted it to be. It started with my relationships with women. I was completely unattractive to them, so I decided that the first practical way to rip up my story and history was to do the opposite of what I had always been doing (trying to please them). I did a 180, called them to task for their misbehavior and bratty words, just to see what would happen.

To my surprise, more and more attractive women started giving me inviting signals over the years. I eventually decided to apply this new technique of shaping my reality to other aspects of life.

It boils down to utter simplicity: Act AS IF. Throw all excuses out the window and act as if you are the King of your world.

As Shakespeare said, "Assume a virtue if you have it not". Yes, guys, it's that simple.

An example apart from the subject of women might be a desire to learn a new skill. We often shy away from this, or choose what we want to learn very carefully, because our belief about ourselves might be that it will take too long, we probably won't be very good at it, we're not ready to start, whatever the excuses might be. Instead, we can erase that "story" we tell ourselves and just start.

Massive
Imperfect
Action

is my motto . MIA. Acting imperfectly but consistently reaps massive success.

Getting back to women, it's a good idea to start there as it is easily quantifiable. Most of us think we have to impress women. Most of us alter our behavior in order to get them to like us. That's the monkey dance that I despise so greatly. It's the dance I've done for most of my life. Now they dance for me, simply because I reshaped my reality by flipping the script inside my own head.

Women sense when you detach from them and when you judge them. A man who judges them is usually extremely intriguing to them. They are used to men sucking up to them all day long. When a guy comes along who has no interest in that (because he has reset his mind to be a man of abundance even thought he has nothing), she can't help but be intrigued and open.

Most of us find that women are closed and that we need to open them up. Monkey dance. By detaching and becoming the King of my world, first in my head only, I flipped the script and they work to open me up. By the way, this all occurred years ago. It has nothing to do with my current girl except to say that she is the reward I reaped by changing who I am from the inside out.

You, as a man, are the authority and rule-creator in this world. Not women. Men! Women know this instinctively and crave to escape their need to take on masculine traits because there are no authoritative men around whom they can look up to and submit to.

Some of you guys have been triggered into hand-wringing cries of "How dare Atom Smasher say he is free?! This is an outrage!"

That is sad to see, as it shows how deep down the rabbit hole those guys live. Others get it and are inspired by my experience and are able to understand that they can take some of these principles and experiment with them for themselves.

As for me, I'm just a guy who has been starving and destitute for most of his life when it comes to women. I eventually found my way into a banquet hall, and decided to tell you guys how I did it. My hope is that a few will eventually make it to the banquet. The ones whose hunger eclipses the safety of their cell and shackles will dine here. The ones who are angered are the ones whose shackles and self-imposed limitations will not be ready to dine freely for some time.

Your story and your history can be spirit killers. Turn your back on them and act as if. Start with your dealings with women and then expand to all aspects of life. How do you start with your dealings with women? Retire your monkey dancing shoes and detach. Judge them and call them out on their bad behavior. You can always dial that back to what's right for you once you start training the women around you that you require respect. You will find that higher quality women will start looking at you very differently.

Society is a fearsome, abusive mother to so many men today. The threat of mommy's punishment and rejection keeps so many men in-line in this day and age. Most men live life on the defensive, especially as pertains to women.

Go on the offensive, men. Create a world that you're comfortable in and proud of. Realize that the abusive societal mother who shames you year after year into being puzzled by women has no teeth at all if you simply turn your back on her and start forging your own path. You guys who rail against doing this are just like feminists who really know deep down that they believe lies. "But, Atom Smasher, this...", and "But, Atom Smasher, that..."... The cries of the inmates.

Freedom is getting your issues with women handled. Freedom is the pursuit of success (not the attainment, but the steady pursuit).

Is there nothing here that you can use for your betterment? Then move on. If there is something here, try it and see what you can do with it. Philosophical discussions about it all are pretty much circular time-wasters.

Acta, non verba...

Or, move on and read about how to impress women. Your choice.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that every time some random dude finally "figures out" the matrix, (e.g. he gets a girlfriend) he feels the need to post epic threads that suggest he's discovered the secrets of alchemy?

You think you're free?

Stop paying taxes and see what happens.
You're still free though. You can stop paying taxes - it's your choice. You have that freedom. The consequence is that the government may notice, demand your back taxes, and failing that, imprison you. If you resist arrest they may beat you and even kill you.

Most of us choose to pay taxes because it's better than risking jail time. Some people cheat because they think the risk is worth it. A lot of us do what we can to minimize the amount we pay.

This applies to your other examples. The non-gay-wedding-cake baker made his choice. Whether the laws should be written differently (or exist at all) is a different matter.

The concept of freedom does not absolve anyone of consequences to their actions. Even if a man holds a gun to your head and demands your wallet, you get to choose. He can attempt to take it forcibly, in which case you have an new set of choices before you. Etc.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if a man holds a gun to your head and demands your wallet, you get to choose. He can attempt to take it forcibly, in which case you have an new set of choices before you. Etc.
Valid point.

Essentially the point made by Vickor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning."

However, society does exist in a hierarchy, and some are much higher up than others, and have much more influence on the rules the rest of us must follow.

You may own your choices, but others are the ones who determine your options within which you must choose.

Most would rather not have to choose between handing over your cash or getting shot.

But that sounds like a endless philosophical argument.

That’s what you got from it? That wasn’t what it was even about. Look deeper.
I understand what the post was about. Don't seek approval, require approval. Call out women, etc. I get it.

Even if you don't have social proof, you can imagine it strongly enough and POOF, social proof.

His closing argument was either agreeing with him, as a free man, or continue to seek approval, as a slave.

Yes, and by releasing oneself from the validation and approval from women, one is SLIGHTLY more free, and SLIGHTLY less a slave.

My point was that there is a sh*tton more external elements that are attempting to enslave us, that are beyond our control, that hallucinating your own reality will only go so far.

I reiterate my point that the MGTOW argument is JUST AS VALID. Many make the SAME argument, that by releasing themselves from ANY DESIRE from woman, they are FREE and no longer SLAVES.

However, these arguments hinge too heavily on words that can easily be re-defined at will to main one's frame.

To wit:

It's not a strawman nor a strawberry, it's just facts of several examples within a singular emotion called freedom.
I don't even know what that sentence means.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I understand what the post was about. Don't seek approval, require approval. Call out women, etc. I get it.
That’s not what the post was about. LOL

It’s about creating one’s own reality and how it works and influences others. How creating a dominant reality when it comes to women affects women and how it influences and supports their inherent nature. Recreating oneself from the inside-out.

Everything you are talking about is outside yourself.
Is your ability to self examine that stunted?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It’s about creating one’s own reality and how it works and influences others. How creating a dominant reality when it comes to women affects women and how it influences and supports their inherent nature. Recreating oneself from the inside-out.

I don't quite follow your logic. Perhaps I am too stunted to self examine and understand your meaning.

What you speak about sounds like a means to an end, to get women to follow you rather than you following women.

Which sounds like my summary of the post.

Perhaps you think the means is more important than the ends, which is to create social proof via imagination, which is ostensibly to get women to become feminine around you?

It sounds very much like the same thing.

How does one simply "create one's own reality" when one doesn't have social proof?

For example, how would a pimply guy working at Taco Bell create enough inner reality to create femininity in highly sought after 9's and 10's?

Is there ZERO connection between one's ability to formulate one's inner reality and one's outer reality?

To what extent can one alter one's outer reality by augmenting one's inner reality?

Are there time considerations? Weeks? Months? Years?

If so, what is the difference then between old school self improvement (approach tons of girls, slowly improve social skills, etc. slowly gain confidence to the point one can hard qualify women, etc.) and the inner reality generation method?

Perhaps instead of just insulting me because I don't "get it," why not explain it so a dumb guy like me can get it?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Very well articulated. A perfect encapsulation of my meaning.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'll let you know how it goes guys. Got exactly this situation at work been given a bit of a non job. I ve started applying as a bit of optionality would be nice.

MTG with my boss Monday. Setup by me. want to know the scope of the role and what resources I will be given. I will be very polite but persistent. Going with the flow would be safer but I can't tolerate a job that doesn't create any value. For a man I believe meaningful work is one of the pillars of self-respect.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like the point that Atom is making is pretty simple? But it’s being overly analyzed and taken out of context to be morphed in to something else.

Simple..
Lead women, but that first means lead your own life while not looking to said women for validation and reassurance. By natural they will follow if the core of that man is genuine and unwavering in his own pursuits.

Much too philosophical.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like the point that Atom is making is pretty simple? But it’s being overly analyzed and taken out of context to be morphed in to something else.

Simple..
Lead women, but that first means lead your own life while not looking to said women for validation and reassurance. By natural they will follow if the core of that man is genuine and unwavering in his own pursuits.

Much too philosophical.
Another well-crafted encapsulation. You are right... the whole thing has gotten mired down in philosophy.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Another well-crafted encapsulation. You are right... the whole thing has gotten mired down in philosophy.
Actually that’s not true. Way of thinking IS philosophy!
I wouldn’t dumb it down but that’s me.
The background and encapsulation of thought was very well done. You have the gift.
The first thing a writer needs to learn is that he never lets a non-writer tell him how to craft his words to his thoughts.

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with paying taxes, we are social animals after all, and money is a social institution. The point is to find a balance between freedom and order [and by first of all rejecting the abstract dichotomy of freedom and power].

The main philosophies of the ancients were Stoicism on the one hand, and Epicureanism on the other. Where the first centered on reason, the second centered more on aesthetics, on beauty, on the good life etc. In our world, you could say that the Stoic aspect represents our public life, the one we must resolve ourselves to, where our behavior is ordered and constrained, and where we pay our taxes. The Epicurean element is our private life, and has largely degenerated from the ideals of the artist to mass hedonism, where we eek out the little pleasure we can in the privacy of our own bedrooms.

Sadly, it's a dichotomous existence, where we are divided against ourselves in our private life and public functions. The average man is miserable with his public function, with his job, and comes back home to his drug of choice, whether pornography or chemicals. It is surprisingly like the picture Aldous Huxley painted generations ago in his novel 'Brave New World' - recreational sex on demand [Tinder], and the drug of Soma [the mass proliferation of pornography]. The point of all the distractions is to keep us distracted from the realities that we are only too intuitively aware of in the rumblings of 'conscience'.

The task of any ethically responsible life is one of unification of the fragmented self, and then self-determination of that self. Such a project is real concrete practical freedom as opposed to all the abstractions you hear repeated ad nauseum. And this existential freedom is no mere end in itself, but the means by which to attain some dignity, integrity, excellence, realization, and nobility in our lives.

Is this all too intellectual? I think it helps to draw a distinction between theoretical reason and practical reason. The first gives you the fruitless abstract ideologies that so many are weary of, but the second gives you practical ethics, a guide to practical behavior and how to live a decent life. I don't think this is mere intellectualism.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right. Can I give you examples of how this doesn’t always play out?

Place I worked before:

Team of 6. 4 “yes men”, 1 indifferent and me, who regularly challenged management when I felt appropriate and often did it my way.

Prime “yes man” got heaped with praise and position and opportunities.

I got labelled a troublemaker and incurred often wrath and disdain of managers.

Prime yes man is the one who got the female acclaim.

I’m much happier being my own man and would physically throw up to take on the “yes man” role. However, I disagree that being a free man gets you the women.

I’ve said it many times, women go for the manipulator and narc who can obtain position by fair means or foul.

It has nothing to do with being your own man. It’s a hinderence if anything.

If I’d challenge the yes man group would round up on me. So I became somewhat the lowest in the group, despite having the biggest balls and having a DNGAF attitude.

Can someone please explain this?

As far as I can see, everything is secondary to social rank. If literally sucking off the boss got
you promoted, the girls would still be all over him.
I find these 'yes man' scary. It's like proto fascism, where people do what they need to do in order 'climb the slippery pole' of bureaucracy. They loose all ethical responsibility in their public life - it has a machine life of its own, and is something separate from their inner life.... they soon become the ghosts in the machine.

I guess I have a lively imagination [or an ethical core], but I can not help see it in terms of resistance and collaboration. It's about the principle, and in so far as men keep abdicating their moral duty for bureaucratic advancement, society as a whole is on a slippery slope.

Another Faustian pact.

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freedom is an emotion.

Those examples I listed in my above post is different shades of that emotion so that it's easier for you to memorise it and store it in ur rational brain functions for future use.

Freedom is a ethical imperative. It's what humanizes us. If we abdicate it [the fear of freedom], we are in for a world of hurt.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do not create your own reality.

First, reason should be considered a half way house to reality - it correlates in some way but is not definitive, or representative of it. Language is figurative and analogical, NOT literal.

Reason/ philosophy has largely fallen into disrepute because it too readily associated with rationalism/ ideology, where language is serious, literal, and artless.

The existential reaction to this is to say you can create your own reality, which is essentially irrationalism [a shadow form of reason]

Rather, reason should be seen in some kind of dialogue or dialectical movement with reality. Consider it a dance, even an erotic dance of sorts... as the Greeks did.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually that’s not true. Way of thinking IS philosophy!
I wouldn’t dumb it down but that’s me.
The background and encapsulation of thought was very well done. You have the gift.
The first thing a writer needs to learn is that he never lets a non-writer tell him how to craft his words to his thoughts.
You do make a good point.

I tend to see two brands of philosophy... I prefer practical, action-oriented applied philosophy over intellectual navel-gazing; circular arguments and eternal uncovering of tangential points.

I used to be a much more highly theoretical guy, but I've become a man who simply wants to think and act in ways that are practical and yield tangible results.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Freedom is a ethical imperative. It's what humanizes us. If we abdicate it [the fear of freedom], we are in for a world of hurt.
That too but to make a long story short, it's more towards an emotional feeling one inherently has embedded in the mind.

Always good to see you posting ChristopherColumbus.