Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are women so hypergamous these days that they will reject a man with a well-paid career because his job is "boring"?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was viewing this, and it got me interested (@ 6:05):

[bachelor] Hello Ladies, my name is Ben, and I'm a financial analyst.
[dumpy chick] When I go out with a man, I do like to talk about work at the end of the day. He's a financial analyst, and I think that would be a little bit boring to talk about.
[MC} What do you do, Jolene?
[dumpy chick] (Tee hee) Nothing at the moment.
:mad:
my opinion: It's OVER for careercels. :down:

Last edited:

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its absolutely a thing. I do a job some would consider boring or beneath them. Of course it pays well and I've saved my money so I'm basically a millionaire (not that I lead with that of course) but I've had chicks I was talking to on dating sites ghost me when I told them what I do. I honestly think women want a guy with a job that sounds cool more than they do one that pays well. In other words, if you can give them some BS, cool sounding, job title that doesn't really tell them anything about what you do or what you earn you're better off than telling them you work in a field that may not sound cool (and honestly probably isn't) but that pays far better than the cool sounding job. There's a reason people get their panties in a wad over their job titles.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They will. There are women out there who believe that they are entitled to a high earning and exciting guy.

I try to avoid all career talk (mine and theirs) on early stage dates.

Serenity

Reaction score
Once I start explaining what I do for a living, people stop asking more questions, they feel stupid because they don't have the faintest idea about what any of it means.

Anyways, I'm not interested in women who judge me based on my job. They're welcome to get the fvck out of my sight.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is BS. Those are excuses. “I don’t like his pants” “his job is boring”. Excuses because they don’t want to look shallow on national TV saying things like “he’s bald” “he has an ugly face” “beta as F”.
If George Clooney was a financial analyst, all of a sudden it would be interesting.
If Brad Pitt has those pants tucked into his shoes “I love his fashion sense”
He didn’t meet the basic looks requirements, it doesn’t matter what he does or how he dresses, he had no chance.

mickdollaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, maturedj focusing on an extreme, isolated, negative case to rationalize his giving up on dating.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
I was viewing this, and it got me interested (@ 6:05):

:mad:
my opinion: It's OVER for careercels. :down:
This was over for tv-showcels long time ago
Today if u wanna be a successful tvcel u needa be realitycel

Last edited:

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when the girls compare notes with each other it does like this...

1. what does he look like (does he look better than my guy )
2. what does he do ( meaning does he have more money than my guy )
3. how old is he ( meaning does he have money and also is he boring; as compared to my guy or prospect )

initially, the girls will lie until they have to prove it. the complicated title for work makes is really difficult to figure out how much the person earns and easy for the girl to inflate it to her friends.

financial analyst on average does not earn enough to be leading with that as a strength but should be ok as a support to good looks decent conversation.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So a financial analyst is boring now?

Guess supermarker cashier, clothes shops employee or most of jobs done from women are like an action movie right?

I also think that women definitely overvalue the contribution of that piece of meat between their legs, someone should tell them that its not the holy grail.

ps. we know that given enough look even being unemployed is fine nowadays.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also think that women definitely overvalue the contribution of that piece of meat between their legs, someone should tell them that its not the holy grail.
yep; but only after getting a sample....

seriously;
not for ltr, I guess; but for quick interest, the formula is something like 5 to 10 times the average income to be leading with it. A financial analyst is an awesome professional path and I believe above average across the board. To lead with money or job like the guy did in the OP it should be more if in a venue that includes visibility to equal or greater money. In a lower-income area even in the US it could be enough. If leading with money it needs to be enough to have an impact. IMO.

If not then lead with something else to create the opening statement identity.

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once I start explaining what I do for a living, people stop asking more questions, they feel stupid because they don't have the faintest idea about what any of it means.

Anyways, I'm not interested in women who judge me based on my job. They're welcome to get the fvck out of my sight.
yeah this is my mindset as well

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl just wants to bang, she doesn't care what job the guy has. If she's looking for a husband to finance her lifestyle or give her status in the eyes of her silly friends, then she'll care about this nonsense but in that case why would you want to be in a serious relationship with her anyway?

VictorSleazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont tell them what i do. My job isnt boring, im killing it in car industry sales. I drive luxury cars whenever i want but thats my joy. I will not allow the girls to date/f my job. Man can make every job the coolest job if you own it. If the chick doesnt follow -> next.