Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are women even still open to meeting men the old-fashioned way anymore?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can we please stop pretending that somehow none of the women you would meet in person are on OLD? They are 95% of the same sets of women, yet people act as if they are mutually exclusive...like if you meet someone in person, it's because she wasn't on OLD.

It's nonsense...they are the same set of women for the most part. The only difference is she might not have given you the time of day online but you may have better luck in person.

Meet the right person online or in person and the result will be the same.
Makes no sense what you are saying bro

How come on old most of likes that I got are from average or bellow average women, and in real life most of the girls are above average?

There might be the same girls on tinder ( though I do not really think so), but it is extremely rare to actually match with them

And also, men have to put way more effort into online dating than women have to. For example, women can easily post selfies and other stuff like that, while for men selfies in the vast majority of cases is a big no no

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes no sense what you are saying bro

How come on old most of likes that I got are from average or bellow average women, and in real life most of the girls are above average?

There might be the same girls on tinder ( though I do not really think so), but it is extremely rare to actually match with them

And also, men have to put way more effort into online dating than women have to. For example, women can easily post selfies and other stuff like that, while for men selfies in the vast majority of cases is a big no no
You probably approach a certain type of girl outside OLD that’s your niche vs OLD you are going against a broader scope. I get hotter girls on OLD than real life so could be that reason.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably approach a certain type of girl outside OLD that’s your niche vs OLD you are going against a broader scope. I get hotter girls on OLD than real life so could be that reason.
Dunno man, not my experience and neither the experience of anyone that I know

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno man, not my experience and neither the experience of anyone that I know
If you have a particular type of woman and they are more inclined to be attracted to you then this makes outside approach way easier. This is why a lot of men struggle because they refuse to target their target market or refuse to raise their value.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To reply to @DonJuanjr please refer to @devilkingx2 for the why.

That’s a good summary of why. Trust me I’ve had dates in the past with very handsome men who had no personality. It’s strange. One was an accomplished lawyer….and I grew up with attorney parents so I understand that world rather well having grown up around it. I go to charity events and all sorts of social engagements. I’ve got to be with someone who can hold their end of a conversation or I am going to be like….NEXT!

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a particular type of woman and they are more inclined to be attracted to you then this makes outside approach way easier. This is why a lot of men struggle because they refuse to target their target market or refuse to raise their value.
Dunno man, I would say that overall I am quite balanced in my tastes and women are too

It is true that I am more successful with Latinas or North African women, because mainly they think I am like them due to my olive skin. But in the same time I can not say that i am not successful with proper European women

So dunno if this answer is actually a strong reflection of what is actually
Going on

I am in quite a big city and guess what. I ran out of people after like 1 week of casually swiping. Over 90% of women that appeared from my calculations were big no no ( really bottom of the barrel )

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true that I am more successful with Latinas or North African women, because mainly they think I am like them due to my olive skin. But in the same time I can not say that i am not successful with proper European women
The apps are mainly going to be full of careerist women predominately European depending on what city you live in. What is your city and did you use all three apps?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The apps are mainly going to be full of careerist women predominately European depending on what city you live in. What is your city and did you use all three apps?
Sevilla, Spain

And used only tinder and bumble . But bumble is quite small
In Europe

It is kinda tinder or nothing here

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sevilla, Spain

And used only tinder and bumble . But bumble is quite small
In Europe

It is kinda tinder or nothing here
I have no idea how it is in Europe. I have never been to that part of Spain either. My city is literally 7 times your population lol, that would be considered a minor city in the US tbh. For OLD to work, you need a major city attracting young professionals.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea how it is in Europe. I have never been to that part of Spain either. My city is literally 7 times your population lol, that would be considered a minor city in the US tbh. For OLD to work, you need a major city attracting young professionals.
Ywah, it is quite big for a city in Europe ( 1.5 mil when the metropolitan area is added ) though

But in Spain, most people do not spend that much time on apps as the culture is about going out + going to the beaches

Might be way different the tinder experience in Europe vs America

Lived in London for a while, and more or less I would not say that it is way different than the experience in Spain

The quality is quite bad on apps, in most Europe at least

Now… this does not mean that it does not work or is a complete waste of time, but for sure relying only on this is quite far away from the ideal. There are still some good looking women out there, but maybe you will match with 1-2 per month

Then when you start subtracting those that do not respond or just out there for validation, in an optimistic case you get a couple of dates per year . Not that great ROI if you ask me if the strategy is OLD

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is quite funny how it flipped

I remember when online dating was thought of as weird! People were embarrassed to be using it or telling people they met a girl from plentyoffish etc. It was thought of as a way for semi-undateable people to meet up!

And now it's the other way around! It's the standard. Every hot young girl grew up with social media and online dating. I personally cold approach all the time and would never advise to not do it, but I must admit that you certainly do get a lot of reactions where you can tell she thinks just the fact you're talking to her makes her think you're a bit odd lol. I even have good looking friends who get fairly 'bad' reactions simply because the young girl is so surprised/anxious/shocked/thinks you must be weird for talking too a stranger

If you read the FR's on seddit from some of the Euro guys (Brits mainly) you see lots of FR's where he opens and the girl is like 'Errr...I don't talk to randoms. Bye' and this is in a social environment like a bar! But she doesn't think it's weird for a 'random' to swipe and message her on tinder haha

It'll probably 'flip back' one day. Almost certainly, in fact
I remember those days well too. I was using online dating to supplement the women i met in other ways. Was almost afraid to tell people how i met my wife which was online also. Years later i find out a friend was using plenty of fish and it was like shooting fish in a barrel for him.

One of the ways i look at cold approach.. is when i get a bad response or weird response from women it makes for a great story later. I Truly don't give a f what some women i don't know yet thinks about me, so it's more a method to screen out the odd women than anything.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can we please stop pretending that somehow none of the women you would meet in person are on OLD? They are 95% of the same sets of women, yet people act as if they are mutually exclusive...like if you meet someone in person, it's because she wasn't on OLD.

It's nonsense...they are the same set of women for the most part. The only difference is she might not have given you the time of day online but you may have better luck in person.

Meet the right person online or in person and the result will be the same.
There isn't much data to either confirm or refute this statement. I've tried at times to figure this out. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

I believe there are some singles that a man can approach in public that wouldn't be app users.

Yes, there is overlap between app users and random singles men approach in public. The amount of overlap is unknown but I doubt the overlap is 95%.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, there is overlap between app users and random singles men approach in public. The amount of overlap is unknown but I doubt the overlap is 95%.
I do not think that it is even 30-40% for above average looking women

The lower you go the higher the overlap

tksniper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are still open to meeting men outside online apps. They still look at you in the gym, coffee shop, bar, park, etc. But their price is much higher nowadays. Don’t expect women to make the first move. Or even give you a blatant sign. It would be more like a subtle sign and you have to break the ice.

It’s harder for sure but for the men brave enough to break the ice with women giving out subtle signs, he will get the most pvssy.

Im not even saying this is fair, I’m just saying this is the state of dating in 2023. Men have to work a lot harder than 10 years ago.

Of course I am assuming you are a good looking and fit guy like myself. I can’t imagine how much harder it is for average looking guys. It’s harder for me now than it was 10 years ago but I still get subtle signs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are still open to meeting men outside online apps. They still look at you in the gym, coffee shop, bar, park, etc. But their price is much higher nowadays. Don’t expect women to make the first move. Or even give you a blatant sign. It would be more like a subtle sign and you have to break the ice.

It’s harder for sure but for the men brave enough to break the ice with women giving out subtle signs, he will get the most pvssy.

this is the state of dating in 2023. Men have to work a lot harder than 10 years ago.

Of course I am assuming you are a good looking and fit guy like myself. I can’t imagine how much harder it is for average looking guys. It’s harder for me now than it was 10 years ago but I still get subtle signs.
I have noticed that women have gotten much poorer at signaling in the last 15-20 years. I was making that observation as early as the early 2010s. I noticed a difference between the mid-2000s and the early 2010s in terms of female body language signaling. Compared to the early 2010s, women have gotten even more immersed in their smartphones.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women do suck at signaling, but the signs are there. It is not just about if they are looking at you, there are subtle cues with their behavior toward you vs others. If they are easy to touch you, they are grounds for gaming. If they are cold as a fish, do not even bother.

However gold diggers and hookers are still the king at showing interest. Not that I go out with either.

tksniper

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed that women have gotten much poorer at signaling in the last 15-20 years. I was making that observation as early as the early 2010s. I noticed a difference between the mid-2000s and the early 2010s in terms of female body language signaling. Compared to the early 2010s, women have gotten even more immersed in their smartphones.
The other day I walked by a woman who I thought wasn’t attracted because she kept looking at me and looking away. When I finally decided to snub her, she turned her whole body towards me and looked disappointed I didn’t reciprocate. So I thought to myself, alright the next woman I will be more aggressive. So the next woman looks right at me with a confusing and weird look. I took it as an ioi and looked back and smiled. She then proceeded to act as if she was smelling sh1t. Turns out this woman was just annoyed by guys staring at her so much that she looked at me just to see if I was “eye raping” her so she could be offended.

This happens to me all day. And I’m a guy who grew up as a natural with well over 100 lays. When I play the “eye contact” game, I become completed frustrated. And this is something I never experienced before Covid.

So nowadays I no longer play the eye contact game. I found a loophole. The loophole is that you have to park yourself. Whether at a park, bar, or coffee shop. Park yourself and the women who are attracted to you will look at you more than once EVEN if you give them the poker face and ignore them.

This new method is completely fool proof and field tested. Park yourself, wait for her to check you out 3 times (the first time she looks at you may be because she’s tired of dudes eye raping her), and then on the third ioi, look at her and smile, wave, or approach if she’s next to you.

This is the new way to cold approach in 2023 lol. It’s even worked for me in the gym. I’ve made the mistake of smiling at girls upon first eye contact only for them to look like they are smelling sh1t. But when I just park myself and wait for them to check me out 3 times, my success rate of breaking the ice is close to 100%.

Women are so socially retarded nowadays that we have to to compensate for THEIR social awkwardness lol.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yeah. Women are actually LONGING for real life encounters. That's what I keep hearing from most women I've dated in recent years. The fact I've somehow approached them made it all more worthy to them. And tbh, that always surprised me.

In our mind being a woman on old is like absolute paradise . You can swipe critically and be really reluctant to ever swipe right, and yet every swipe right is a match. But there's a catch..even though it seems this easy many women complain about the outcome of these dates . Why this is ? I dont know ,could be so many reasons. Maybe its the women and their choices, maybe the quality of men is also shyte .

Just the fact that men complain and that so many men DON'T date despite having the ability to present themselves to literally every woman in the world is telling. No ying without yang, so if men are unhappy that means there are equally as much women unhappy. There will always be a few exceptions. There will always be a dude married to his childhood love and having 5 kids with her. But he won't be on sosuave .

There isn't much data to either confirm or refute this statement. I've tried at times to figure this out. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

I believe there are some singles that a man can approach in public that wouldn't be app users.

This also depends on personal experience obviously. Like @Bigpapa stated, I've also managed to get much better results in real life than via OLD. I'm not using it now because recently the results where not too positive. Even if the woman was good looking, there were always huge redflags that immediately came up to the surface.

Look, lets admit we also have our preferences. And most of the times this is around hb8. Then she also has to behave and communicate on a certain level, and lastly she must be attracted to you fully so its easy to date her. Oh i forgot delete the app asap after she met me.I. o.w: a dimepiece.

If a man has lower expectations from women his experience might be better. I've ditched plenty of 6,s after one date, perhaps sex.

That being said, it does seem like there's a reward for the man who steps up to women vs the men who rather meets women through OLD. Somehow we rarely hear a man say that both work just as well.

Im not even saying this is fair, I’m just saying this is the state of dating in 2023. Men have to work a lot harder than 10 years ago.

I love this mentality.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are so socially retarded nowadays that we have to to compensate for THEIR social awkwardness lol.
I have noticed more socially inept behavior even from my friends' girlfriends/wives, all of whom are mid to late 30s right now. They were Millennials who reached adulthood as a lot of new technologies were emerging.

Redwood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed more socially inept behavior even from my friends' girlfriends/wives, all of whom are mid to late 30s right now. They were Millennials who reached adulthood as a lot of new technologies were emerging.
This is happening all across the board though.