Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are We All Hedonists Today?

Serenity

Reaction score
You missed the point of life.
Luckily I don't need your approval, I know very well the point of life. All the way down to our basic survival we are inclined to pick the option which we gain the most from, this is very easy to observe. If you feel you gain more from a shield against the harsh reality by believing in a God then you'll surely pick that and defend it like your happiness depends on it. I on the other hand feel better about seeing the raw uninterpreted reality, so I have the best chance of making choices that lead to a good life.

Religion is an interpretation of reality, not reality.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...this way of thinking, which is not thinking at all but mass thought, is de-humanizing.
Further to this, at the turn of the century [not this one but last one] there was a genre in German writing known as Bildungsroman. It involved the psychological and moral growth of the protagonist. Significantly, it was an exercise in portraying how personal interests coincided with social interests. This is difficult for us to perceive today as the 'paradigm' by which the world is made intelligible to us pits the individual against the social. What we are left with in literature now is Kafkaesque grotesques and the babblings of a Joyce. Literature soon writes itself into irrelevancy.

Of course, the development of the Bildungsroman made perfect sense, where in Germany you also had the home of philosophical idealism. On the continent, you had a tradition of thought that understood the human condition more akin to an embodied spirit than the ghost in the machine that it's devolved to today. This degeneration of thought is expressed in the scientific dystopias such as 'The Matrix' that abound today.

What does this have to do with Eros. In the bleak, despondent, and bankrupt environment we find ourselves in today, the erotic adventure seems to be the only adventure left open to us... and we are an adventurous animal. And yet adventure, and Romance, becomes a distorted and shrunken version of what it once was. In a world, where our inner most desires aligned with the cosmos, life itself was an adventure, where the erotic creative instinct was sublimated into something much greater.

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the continent, you had a tradition of thought that understood the human condition more akin to an embodied spirit than the ghost in the machine that it's devolved to today.
Interesting. Disregard for our bodies, as witnessed by all our people marking themselves up with at least one tattoo, is more evidence of this detachment of spirit and body or our machine (I can work as much as any corporation wants me to work for meager wages cause my body is nothing only my spirit matters). Our pre-WWII ancestors cared about their bodies more than the Obedient generation post WWII. It was the "I'm 'tough.' I am a 'Man' cause I fought in a WAR!" Power does not come at the barrel of a gun. Spreading Memes is where the power to change countless lives lies. Practical Politics, not methods that simply do not work.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
We seem to live in the shadows of the collapse of this rational ideal, where now everyone is out for themselves, where that equates with the maximization of pleasure, and where that in turn is just identified with sex. All a bit shallow, shabby and squalid no? What say you?
Of course sex with a good looking girl is everything. You think men would care about:

- their looks
- their wealth
- their height
- their money
- their job

If sex wasn’t on the table?

Actresses get rich and famous taking off their clothes for 6 minutes in a movie. We not only accept it, we encourage it. Sex is the be all and end all.

Put it another way:

Thousands of Syrian refugees left their home. Governments did not let single men in their country who were Doctors and Surgeons. Yet, they let Syrian men in their country who were MARRIED. The GOVERMENT is telling you: if you can attract and commit to a woman and marry her, we will let you in. If you study for 10 years and save lives, but don’t know how to attract the opposite sex, we don’t care about you as much.

It’s ALL about sex.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course sex with a good looking girl is everything. You think men would care about:

- their looks
- their wealth
- their height
- their money
- their job

If sex wasn’t on the table?

Actresses get rich and famous taking off their clothes for 6 minutes in a movie. We not only accept it, we encourage it. Sex is the be all and end all.

Put it another way:

Thousands of Syrian refugees left their home. Governments did not let single men in their country who were Doctors and Surgeons. Yet, they let Syrian men in their country who were MARRIED. The GOVERMENT is telling you: if you can attract and commit to a woman and marry her, we will let you in. If you study for 10 years and save lives, but don’t know how to attract the opposite sex, we don’t care about you as much.

It’s ALL about sex.
Sarcasm?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

2 Timothy 3 "This we know, in the last days perilous days shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 4. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good. 5. Traitors, heady, highminded, LOVERS OF PLEASURE MORE THAN LOVERS OF GOD."

Are we living in that type of world today? Is this what the Bible is talking about "the last days"?

I was inspired from the above song to post this.

Please do not miss the rapture and make sure you are right with God. I don't know when this is going to happen. People have predicted dates before and they were all wrong. Jesus said, no man knows the hour. As part of the signs of the times, people will love pleasure, as the OP is saying.

God does will all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim 2:4)

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
They could predict this in the Bible because man has ALWAYS been that way.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex does get boring...with the wrong girl(s). Many girls are uninspiring. You get one though, that seduces You and can hypnotize you, setting the traps, and spinning her webs, and can Be erotic and brilliantly energetic moving her body and directing you kissing you in HER room where She sleeps with Her music (or no music) and her decor (lights, smells, comfort). THAT in my experience in the past yonder years and just recently, has been my most otherworldly times on this planet. If I'm being taken into her lair (say maybe mirrors on 3 sides), if me and her are there for Sex as would be in a dim-lit concert or music performance, her moaning and you doing Everything to her.

Very few women can put a spell on you with hand gestures and speech, clapping or direction, changing subjects both wide and narrow, dumbed down or technical as the situation warrants. Very few women have studied the arts of encapsulating a man, him walking into Her territory, her ground, where she feels comfortable and confident to seduce with anchors in place to ensure her deception of you. There's nothing more erotic, the moaning especially, even if she's faking but I know she's not, she's indulging all pleasure she can eek out from your c0ck. That's when sex is something powerful to keep you wanting more and more and more...when the female puts in the effect. Maybe she wants a diamond ring on down the line. We don't know. Maybe she wants bigger and better COMMITMENT. That is most likely the motivation for pleasuring ALL your senses.

It's the girls who DO nothing that give a bad name to sex, and there are Many half-as5ed b!tches out there who get a lot but give very little.
You should be able to impart all that majic upon her.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They could predict this in the Bible because man has ALWAYS been that way.
KJV, 2 Peter 3:3- "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fall asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they are willingly ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water; Whereby the world was then, being overflowed with water, perished. But the heavens and the earth, which are now, the same word is kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But beloved, be not ignorant of one thing, that one day is to the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The reason it is ALWAYS been that way is because of God's patience to maximize the chances that people will repent and follow Jesus. Technically, 2 days have passed in God's time (i.e. if a day is like a thousand years to him) since that was written. To us, 2000 years have passed, and since the last flood, Date of Flood is estimated to be at 2304 B.C. https://creation.com/the-date-of-noahs-flood . Since the date of the last Flood that wiped out everyone is just over 4310 years or so. There has been no mass extinctions in 4000 years. This verse is suggesting in simple terms, the next one is a fire storm where everything is melted out. We are seeing the temperature of the world is getting warmer due to global warming and forest fires are increasing all over the place and Yellowstone could erupt at anytime, plus the sun is a wildcard (i.e. the movie "Knowing" 2009 with Nicolas Cage comes to mind) that could all see a prophecy like that be fulfilled. While I have a more elaborate view of the end-time time-line that what I may depict to know here, it just the principle that people think one way, and mis-interpret God's intention concerning a delay of time, take it easy, and then it happens like a "thief in the night" unexpected as being lulled in a false sense of security because of all the time that has passed since the prophecy. He is giving you a chance to repent, but He's not slack or doesn't care attitude, concerning these "delays" you are perceiving.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KJV, 2 Peter 3:3- "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fall asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they are willingly ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water; Whereby the world was then, being overflowed with water, perished. But the heavens and the earth, which are now, the same word is kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But beloved, be not ignorant of one thing, that one day is to the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The reason it is ALWAYS been that way is because of God's patience to maximize the chances that people will repent and follow Jesus. Technically, 2 days have passed in God's time (i.e. if a day is like a thousand years to him) since that was written. To us, 2000 years have passed, and since the last flood, Date of Flood is estimated to be at 2304 B.C. https://creation.com/the-date-of-noahs-flood . Since the date of the last Flood that wiped out everyone is just over 4310 years or so. There has been no mass extinctions in 4000 years. This verse is suggesting in simple terms, the next one is a fire storm where everything is melted out. We are seeing the temperature of the world is getting warmer due to global warming and forest fires are increasing all over the place and Yellowstone could erupt at anytime, plus the sun is a wildcard (i.e. the movie "Knowing" 2009 with Nicolas Cage comes to mind) that could all see a prophecy like that be fulfilled. While I have a more elaborate view of the end-time time-line that what I may depict to know here, it just the principle that people think one way, and mis-interpret God's intention concerning a delay of time, take it easy, and then it happens like a "thief in the night" unexpected as being lulled in a false sense of security because of all the time that has passed since the prophecy. He is giving you a chance to repent, but He's not slack or doesn't care attitude, concerning these "delays" you are perceiving.
Man was always greedy, man was always prideful, man was always warlike, man was always political, man was always immoral. The authors of the Bible to write these passages just had to look around and observe man's nature.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man was always greedy, man was always prideful, man was always warlike, man was always political, man was always immoral. The authors of the Bible to write these passages just had to look around and observe man's nature.
It seems like the OP is on to something by writing this thread. This is a more hedonistic society than ever before. Do you agree with this or not?

Also the global population is greater than at any time in the past. Just based on the numbers alone, it's worst today than in any time in the past because there are way more people in the world. Even if your assertion were correct for the sake of argument, there being numerically more people that are "like that" would be a higher volume and sound "end-time"ish. Maybe a very high global population is being alluded to there.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not going to go well because "pleasure" as people definite it on this type of board is sin. To believe in God, that means your life is to please Him, rather than yourself and that means you have to repent from having sex with women that you are not married to. That's the only type of pleasure people understand here since people's live and value is constructed around how much women they can get or their ability to attract a hot woman and generally frown about the idea of marriage. The atheist or pagan pleasure model is generally (unless they are a sociopath) is to live for pleasure as long as nobody is hurt in the process....since the true God doesn't exist in their mind, then they are incapable of understanding godlessness in seeking human / self victim-less types of pleasure where God would be the victim of said pleasure as it's a sin to Him.

So if the government, parents or society imposed sex with a hot woman then that would no longer be pleasurable? That would be a first.
had a time then the model of a good woman was a fattie, the line is you and me know we are atracted to diferent things, you will want something and you will want to do it, don't matter what you don't like things imposed on you, even if it was suposed to be pleasurable, even if you work on something you like i'm pretty sure you won't like to send half your pay checks on taxes to the goverment. unless of course you belive the best way to do things its people not have any freedom to choose and need to work to support others don't matter what he feels

and religion was always a tool of manipulation and control, you can't follow what gives you pleasure you need to serve the church and the kingdom/nobles/goverment, for the greater good, don't matter if you are starving and sick you still need support that useless goverment becasue its law, what best way to control people then tell then your next 50 year or so will be of hard work, but after you die, you will be eternal living in a paradise, that is not so hard from a dude thinking I will study like hell now spend the next 3-5 years sleeping bad, not eating well having no social life so after i'm done I will get a good paying job and not have to worry about money, we know the studying part even if necessary will not give you any garantee of having a good life, yet a lot of people do so.

it also helps if you undertand how others cultures have expectations, on western is more religious based, see china, why most chinese are ok at being a slave working there? see japan on how most are too afraid of looking out of place or of shame, then see how europe are.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A rational discussion about behavior, about how we ought to act, is Ethics. Religion, on the other hand, is a discussion about beliefs. One may lead to the other, but I think it's poor form to introduce religion into an ethical discussion.

In ethics, you are constraining yourself to a rational discussion, where people of all persuasions might find a common ground by virtue of perceiving themselves, in the first person, as rational moral agents. It's a practical discussion as opposed to a theoretical one.

I think lying at the heart of all ethics is a rational desire for in-tegrity. I hyphenate the word in order to bring attention to its basic meaning, that of unity or wholeness. The biggest problem facing men at the moment is not the 'women question', but a split in themselves between the rational and the irrational. This invariably leads to ideologies on each side, which seek to justify the favoring of one side or the other.

Without this ethical dimension, life becomes splintered, not only within society but within ourselves. Sapere aude.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like the OP is on to something by writing this thread. This is a more hedonistic society than ever before. Do you agree with this or not?

Also the global population is greater than at any time in the past. Just based on the numbers alone, it's worst today than in any time in the past because there are way more people in the world. Even if your assertion were correct for the sake of argument, there being numerically more people that are "like that" would be a higher volume and sound "end-time"ish. Maybe a very high global population is being alluded to there.
I don't necessarily. I believe incest, bestiality and other craziness was more back then. Man was not Jesus like back then he was corrupt or controlled trying to survive.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does this relate to women. It comes back to self-mastery. The rational drive for unity/ integrity/ wholeness is also about overcoming the irrational passions which would otherwise drive our life. And then there is no longer a drive to solve the 'women problem' - this perceived problem is largely dissolved; women become less important and central as the passion for women is pacified. Reason is put in the driver's seat [this/ self-mastery is a process], and so now passion [for women] can no longer drive us. There is a freedom in this, whereby one can take or leave a women based on rational criteria. It opens up new possibilities.