Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Are Traditional Dating Sites Dead?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
It's a catch 22 since the gym's are closed so you can only do home exercises. Wealth could be limited depending on what industry you are in.
What I think is the pandemic can be good if you are relationship oriented and want to have a gf. I've noticed more and more people would rather settle down with someone and have some sense of stability rather than jumping from person to person and risk getting sick during the pandemic. Plus this pandemic has girls that are willing to put more focus and effort on a person due to limited and risky prospects.

Bumble and OKC has different categories for what you're looking for(casual, short term, long term, relationship, etc). I noticed a big decline in all categories other than relationships in my area at least from last year.
This is wrong on so many levels...

You mind, body, and wealth are prime targets for growth during this pandemic. The only limitations to these is the man between your ears.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
If I were single, I think the pandemic is a great time for men to focus on their mind,body, and wealth. Dating right now seems a bit dicey, maybe not even worth the time spent trying?
The primary focus of men is as you said, it has been the primary focus since ancient times and into the future will continue to be the primary focus of all successful men.

These are the men who will have women chasing after them.

After all, it is the primary focus of women since ancient times and will be so into the future.

It is the man, who constantly yearns for women who will constantly fails with women because he has neglected the cardinal rule of being a man.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
This is wrong on so many levels...

You mind, body, and wealth are prime targets for growth during this pandemic. The only limitations to these is the man between your ears.
I think I might've communicated this poorly and you might've misunderstood me.

I agree with you that this pandemic is a chance to work on yourself. However, it can be limiting with Covid to fully maximize yourself in certain areas due to the closures and downturn in some industries. Like if you don't have a good home gym, it's going to be a challenge to maximize your body with gyms being closed. It can definitely be done but just harder than before. If you want to work on your wealth but only have expertise in some areas, those areas might be the areas in a downturn during the pandemic too. Once again not a show stopper but just presents additional challenges.

My second point was just observations in the OLD space during the pandemic and nothing more.

The two points were not related to each other nor meant to imply that one affected the other.
 

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
245
Age
38
I feel like dating apps have always been pretty terrible, but especially the last few years. I forced myself to get off of them a couple years ago
 

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
245
Age
38
There’s only so many fat single moms/feminists/blobs that have a long list of requirements on their bios that could I take
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,090
There’s only so many fat single moms/feminists/blobs that have a long list of requirements on their bios that could I take
I've never dated a fat single mom/feminist/blob off a dating site...guess you have issues getting others interested in you. Maybe you should figure out why?
 

GeezerBub

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
12
Age
40
Location
Toronto, Canada
Patently false. The theories and logic people come up with and spout off as truths are just shockingly out of touch with reality in regards to dating apps most times. Sorry, this has not been my experience or most other people who regularly use dating apps experience. Only the people who use them here and there and then say they don't work because they might not get any responses or limited responses. They are also likely the ones who send boring messages or have nothing to say that is interesting in either their message or profile(and YES they do read profiles...I put a question for them to answer at the end of the profile and more than half send me their answer to this in the first message unprompted.)

I can promise you that if I message 15-20 women in any given morning that I will have at least 3-5 phone numbers by the end of the day and could have set up dates with pretty much all of them for later in the week. And they aren't going to flake.
Putting a question at the end of your profile huh?...Not a bad idea...
 
Top