Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are Super Bowl Parties a Primarily Couples Event?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to see if other people have had similar experiences with Super Bowl parties as I have had in the past.

I went to a great party for Super Bowl 48 in February 2014. Although that game was a stinker (Seahawks 43, Broncos 8), the party was great. In my social circle, it was all unattached/marginally attached men. The guy who had the longest ongoing relationship at that time had a 3 month long relationship and he didn't bring his girlfriend to it.

One year later, Super Bowl 49 happened in February 2015. It was a couples dominated event. A few friends had gotten into more serious relationship between February 2014 and February 2015 and one long term coupled guy who didn't attend in 2014 attended in 2015. It felt extremely uncomfortable to be around all couples when at that exact moment I wasn't in a couple. There were some subsequent Super Bowl parties that had similar vibes and either I was unattached or my girlfriend at the time didn't want to go. I stopped bothering to attend Super Bowl parties in my social circle because of them being all couples events.

Has this happened to any of you?

Also, this may be less relevant now since we're about to have the 2nd pandemic era Super Bowl. I doubt there were many mass gathering last year and it is unknown how many will happen this year.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump due to it being Super Bowl weekend.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the years, I don't recall reading any Super Bowl LRs.
Yes, I doubt that there are many Lay Reports from Super Bowl parties.

The thing I was noticing in my social circle between 2015-2018 was couples dominating the parties. These Super Bowl parties turned out to be very much like New Year's Eve style relationship litmus tests. I stopped going because of how uncomfortable that they were. I'm not sure established couples realize this with these sorts of events.

I could envision lay reports happening from parties in the Super Bowl host city but not random Super Bowl parties at someone's private residence.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Off topic, but tangential...

Even when I would go to Vegas in the past and hit the bars, if it was a regular football night (not say SB), I would find that it was very difficult to talk to chicks at the bar. But later in the evening, once there was no more football on the TV screens, and the TV screens returned to music videos/club music, then people were social again and you could talk to chicks.

Sports sometimes puts people in this sort of "trance" that isn't ideal for pickup.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Off topic, but tangential...

Even when I would go to Vegas in the past and hit the bars, if it was a regular football night (not say SB), I would find that it was very difficult to talk to chicks at the bar. But later in the evening, once there was no more football on the TV screens, and the TV screens returned to music videos/club music, then people were social again and you could talk to chicks.

Sports sometimes puts people in this sort of "trance" that isn't ideal for pickup.
Good tangent.

I have a similar experience.

I have been to alumni events for my undergrad alma mater. The alumni events that were a college football or college basketball game watching event were absolutely atrocious for pickup. At alumni game watching events, the women were in a trance and distracted from pickup. I stopped going to alumni events that were centered around game watchings. I care much more about playing sports than watching them. When I participate in athletics, I reap a benefit. When I watch collegiate or professional athletics, people/entities other than me benefit.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to make an impression? Go on SA and find some gorgeous 18-20 year old college girl looking for a good time. Take her with you. Overdress for the event and drink nothing but martinis when you're there. Make sure you know a lot about both teams and you're not a "who's playing?" guy.

Every man will envy you and every woman will hate you but also want you.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my first one night stands in college was at a Super bowl party.

As a Freshman pledge in my fraternity I was immersed in the University culture as part of my pledge education. Each Monday we would have lessons on gentlemanly behavior, etiquette, and Fraternity and University traditions. One of these traditions was Hello Walk. Along this stretch of sidewalk students were encouraged to simply say "hello" to students they passed along this stretch. In the Fall on the same two days a week, I passed a coed with whom I made eye contact, smiled and said simply "Hello". This occurred for the entire first semester two days a week. If I were to do it again I'd have stopped her and gotten contact information.

Winter break came and the new Semester started. It was Super Bowl Sunday, and I'd been invited to an off-campus party. Since I was under 21 I couldn't get into bars so this was my best social option. Sometime near the end of the game, Hello Girl came in the door. Right away we locked eyes, and I knew it was on. The sexual tension from four months of simply saying "hello" came to a head and before long we were in a passionate embrace in the party apartment's kitchen. Shortly after (15 minutes) we were in my pickup and drove back to her dorm room. I stumbled out of there at midnight and realized I had missed the curfew for the Fraternity event for that night. I spent the night at the off campus party site. The next morning I had to explain to my brothers the reason I had missed the curfew. I endured some pointed, and probably envious questions.

Other than her name I never remembered her dorm room number or hall for that matter. It was clear it was a ONS on her part, and I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Lesson: Sometimes women just want to have sex. Don't **** it up. A blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. Just enjoy the acorn and don't overthink it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's SA?
Seeking Arrangement, which has been re-branded to Seeking.

You want to make an impression? Go on SA and find some gorgeous 18-20 year old college girl looking for a good time. Take her with you. Overdress for the event and drink nothing but martinis when you're there. Make sure you know a lot about both teams and you're not a "who's playing?" guy.

Every man will envy you and every woman will hate you but also want you.
This plan could go well in a more public type event.

The ones that happened in my social circle from 2015-2018 were mainly smaller scale private residence parties, though one of the years was a larger party that went beyond my immediate circle at someone's big house. That one was the worst one because it was an ocean of couples in not only my social circle but also the people I didn't know. @Dash Riprock's plan would have been phenomenal at that one. The other smaller ones, it might not have worked with.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the social circle that the party caters too. If it is a couple hosting, then most likely their friends are couples. If it is a single good looking guy, there will likely be attractive females there. SIngle women with single friends will occasionally host but usually it is because they are 1) big football fans 2) hosting on behalf of someone else like their kids or friends 3) genuinely like putting in the effort of being a host.

Don't try to hook up with someone who hosted a super bowl party because by the end of the 4-6 hour ordeal they will be wiped out and have to go to work in the morning.

Attractive women will have multiple options and will hit multiple parties throughout the day. By the second half end of the game they will be a little tipsy and have fulfilled their social obligation so that is the best time to isolate and escalate.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember a Super Bowl party for the last time the Bengals were in it :eek:. I remember the host having some of his girlfriend's friends there. I remember a super tall chick there; perhaps I should have gone for a "what the hell" number close. :rolleyes:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the social circle that the party caters too. If it is a couple hosting, then most likely their friends are couples.
This is probably the most important lesson on choosing which Super Bowl party to attend. If you are an unattached guy and your only invitations are to events hosted by couples, it is probably better to pass on those invitations.

If it is a single good looking guy, there will likely be attractive females there.
This happened once in my social circle where a single, good looking guy hosted. It was a small event, mostly all guys and one woman with a masculine haircut. Fun event because it wasn't overloaded with couples.

Single women with single friends will occasionally host but usually it is because they are 1) big football fans 2) hosting on behalf of someone else like their kids or friends 3) genuinely like putting in the effort of being a host.
Never seen this happen but I could see this happening to someone else.

Don't try to hook up with someone who hosted a super bowl party because by the end of the 4-6 hour ordeal they will be wiped out and have to go to work in the morning.
Good point.

Attractive women will have multiple options and will hit multiple parties throughout the day. By the second half end of the game they will be a little tipsy and have fulfilled their social obligation so that is the best time to isolate and escalate.
In reading this description, it seems as Super Bowl parties are probably good for single, attractive women looking to meet men. This might be how social circle game actually works for other people. I never had a viable social circle to make this. This was a good perspective to add.

I remember a Super Bowl party for the last time the Bengals were in it :eek:. I remember the host having some of his girlfriend's friends there. I remember a super tall chick there; perhaps I should have gone for a "what the hell" number close. :rolleyes:
That was January 1989. I bet Super Bowl parties were better back then. In January 1989, no one could be playing around on their smartphone. People had to be in the moment.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to see if other people have had similar experiences with Super Bowl parties as I have had in the past.

I went to a great party for Super Bowl 48 in February 2014. Although that game was a stinker (Seahawks 43, Broncos 8), the party was great. In my social circle, it was all unattached/marginally attached men. The guy who had the longest ongoing relationship at that time had a 3 month long relationship and he didn't bring his girlfriend to it.

One year later, Super Bowl 49 happened in February 2015. It was a couples dominated event. A few friends had gotten into more serious relationship between February 2014 and February 2015 and one long term coupled guy who didn't attend in 2014 attended in 2015. It felt extremely uncomfortable to be around all couples when at that exact moment I wasn't in a couple. There were some subsequent Super Bowl parties that had similar vibes and either I was unattached or my girlfriend at the time didn't want to go. I stopped bothering to attend Super Bowl parties in my social circle because of them being all couples events.

Has this happened to any of you?

Also, this may be less relevant now since we're about to have the 2nd pandemic era Super Bowl. I doubt there were many mass gathering last year and it is unknown how many will happen this year.
I doubt they're the best way to meet single women lol

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a website shilling a dating system that pretty much lays it out. SB parties are like any other party. It attracts party girls...

1. Outcome Independence
  2. Having Fun
  3. Comfort and Touching
  4. Sexual Tension and Escalation

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@HaleyBaron seemed to get an invite to a good Super Bowl party this year where he was able to meet some single women. He can tell us why his Super Bowl party was useful and some of mine weren't.

I think this depends on the host of the party as @2Rocky pointed out.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump due to it being Super Bowl week and this is a similar thread to the one below....

I didn't watch the February 2022 Super Bowl when I made this post. 2022 was the first Super Bowl I didn't watch. I ended up watching last year's game at a small private residence social event outside my primary social group. I don't yet know my Super Bowl plans for this weekend.

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 everything is a couple's event after the age of 28 :rofl:. I think the last time I got invited to a hangout where there were actually single women was pre-pandemic and this girl attacked me at the club too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 everything is a couple's event after the age of 28 :rofl:.
I think most people start to experience this around 27-32. I mentioned a Super Bowl party I attended at age 31 being overrun with couples. Beta males feel the need to bring their girlfriends (and later wives) to Super Bowl private residence parties.

I have never watched the Super Bowl from a bar or other public place. I saw a post on Instagram today about various Super Bowl events at bars/restaurants in my city.

I think the last time I got invited to a hangout where there were actually single women was pre-pandemic and this girl attacked me at the club too.
It's been a while for me too as my social connections are almost all in couples.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most all of the super bowl parties I've been to were couples events. I've been to a few single, but most of the time I brought a girl with me.

A few years ago, I went to one as a single guy hosted by one of my neighbors. There was a group of married women there trying to play match maker and set me up with other single females they knew. I couldn't help but think it was just an excuse to think about being single themselves and getting attention from a single guy(me) that was fresh meat and better looking than their husbands.