Are some people just more or less natrually social than others?

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In all ways and situations I mean. Not just with dating and women. Why is it some people always seem to have something to do,and some are at home more than they should be? Maybe its partially because for me its always work then home.

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,what about being less reserved,more out going,less introverted,if I am...????

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people are naturally more social, but if you aren't it doesn't mean you can't change.

Introverts are naturally more sensative. However you can desensatiza yourself to any situation by exposing yourself to it.

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some kids were very outgoing, they participated in clubs, sports, parties, exposed to many many social situations. They are social experienced.

Kids like me, were very shy growing up, stayed home and played computer games. A lot, less social experience. But I went out a lot, just to get social. Now I have the social experience I need.

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think everyone has areas they are naturally more confident in than others.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

It all has to do with what personality type you are.

Extroverted is being outgoing while introverted is you mostly keep to yourself.

mcs

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm naturally very unsocial but working every day only with people has given boost my confidence and social skills. i've always known that i'm funny etc but i wasn't interested form displaying it around random people. now got no problem with that.

SparkleMotion

Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

Everyone is naturally social.

We lived in social groups for 100s of thousands of years. It's genetically built in us to have a predisposition to socialize.

The reason certain people grow up to be less social then others is due to experiences growing up. Being mocked in a group situation and not having a strong emotional safety net to fall back on, etc. People who are more social once they get into adulthood, had the experiences that reflect either being accepted easily into social groups or when rejected had a strong emotional safety net to fall back.

Basically it comes down to conditioning. Using statements like "Oh, he's just not naturally social", to excuse introverted behavior and in thus further engraving this pattern of behavior as not only acceptable in the child's head, but that it's the right behavior. Could be as simple as parent trying to emotional protect their child from "cruel children" who pick on their kid. When the opposite should be happening, the child should be taught to have strong self-confidence and reintroduced to social environments.

Growing up all there lives this way, people view it as being natural. So it's natural to avoid situations which would help you pass on your genes? Yeah, don't think so. Your body exists for the simple reason of being a vessel to pass on your genes. And you can't do that sitting at home playing Halo 3 all day, because you are just naturally introverted.

However once old enough, anyone is capable of turning themselves into a 'social person'. All it takes is recognizing what is wrong with them and then realizing only they have the power to change it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there will always be one person more of a social butterfly in a group or family than compared to the others.
like a party cant start until they get there, or christmas dinner cant start until they get there...

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Introvert and Extrovert are human perceptions and their is debate about whether traits actually exist.

The problem is when studying nature vs nurture scientists are only capable of studying family enviroments when research gives weight to the idea that what happens outside of family time (with friends etc.) has a greater influence over a person