Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are Protein Bars Even Worth It?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hardly. I only choose them when I’m without food for hours, which is rare.

Meal and snack prep in advance and if you’re going to be out of the house for hours and not going to a restaurant or deli. Yes, like a bodybuilder with Tupperware and a mini-cooler. (Former bodybuilder here.)
I'd rather just go without food longer.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You think you do, but you actually don't. Constantly spiking insulin is not helping you.
Of course. No one’s gonna break down simply from missing a meal here and there.

I usually eat four meals a day. In the past I’d d five or six but I ate a lot more back then.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No. They are glorified candy bars. Stay away from them.
I view them exactly like this and don't kid myself about what they are. It helps me view my daily food intake from the perspective of if it's healthy food or if I'm skipping real meals with poor substitutes (and ultimately lousy sources of protein) such as protein bars.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Second what others have said. Full of sugar and mainly soy protein.

the Grenade brand are huge here and they are just candy bars.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admit there are some in the refrigerated section that at least taste pretty good. I ate powerbars back in the day… i get why they made them the way they did so they wouldnt melt during triathlons….

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admit there are some in the refrigerated section that at least taste pretty good. I ate powerbars back in the day… i get why they made them the way they did so they wouldnt melt during triathlons….
Realistically it depends how much muscle your carrying, if it's quite a bit the bar just is not gonna cut it but somebody with minimal muscle to reduce maintenance burn, it may refuel them although could you imagine trying to digest something during a triathlon, your probably much better off drinking your carbs

saige

Don Juan
Reaction score
On one hand they’re great for convenience, but if I had 5 eggs vs a bar with the same about of protein I’d feel much fuller on the eggs.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
On one hand they’re great for convenience, but if I had 5 eggs vs a bar with the same about of protein I’d feel much fuller on the eggs.
The protein in them is mostly junk protein and the insulin spiking issues they cause from all the other crap in them isn't worth it. IMHO, if the choice is have a protein bar or don't eat, then don't eat.

Carry some BCAA's around with you if you are that concerned, they will be a lot better choice

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Just because they say 20g of protein on them doesn't mean that is usable protein like from eggs or a steak.