"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Are most of the chicks that work at tech companies fat?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I was looking at this, and it got me nauseous:
1200x-1.jpg

my opinion: Yes, it's a sausage fest, but the side order is buffalo. :down:
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
615
Age
48
I think USA in general has highest rate/% of obesity.... i think its like 65 or 70% .... i dont think profession matters although it may have some influence
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,087
No actually most of them are pretty cute. How do I know? I am a software engineer. There are not many of them but all the ones I have ever seen were thin/athletic and cute. Dorky, but cute.

My main plate is an IT project manager...she works out a lot and has a banging body.

This is undoubtedly false.
 

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2020
Messages
188
Reaction score
282
Location
USA
Worked in tech my whole life. No connection between obesity and tech as far as I can tell.
 

KindredSpiritzz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2019
Messages
498
Reaction score
500
Age
60
Location
Wisconsin
yeah we're just a fat nation with lazy people in it, nothing to do with occupation. Altho now that i think about it, i work at a library with 17 women and only 2 are what id consider fat in that group.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 29, 2017
Messages
768
Reaction score
1,068
Age
45
It’s probably like most of America... some regions you find sloppy fatties... and other regions you find fit and toned chicks. In my home town most females consume more calories a day than an nfl offensive lineman!...
 

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,330
Location
random
visit a tech trade show. then re-evaluate.
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
I worked at Google and Facebook. I would say 1 out of 50 are hot. This also could be a byproduct of the Bay Area though. Attractive women are quite limited
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
No actually most of them are pretty cute. How do I know? I am a software engineer. There are not many of them but all the ones I have ever seen were thin/athletic and cute. Dorky, but cute.

My main plate is an IT project manager...she works out a lot and has a banging body.

This is undoubtedly false.
I met 1. Via pickup. Glasses. Phat ass. Huge dork. Cute but didn't know it. A freak too. Hard right brain. Too analytical and not feminine enough for my liking. Fun though. I definitely didn't leave her better than I found her. I tore that ass up!
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
I think USA in general has highest rate/% of obesity.... i think its like 65 or 70% .... i dont think profession matters although it may have some influence
No it doesn't

Here are the 10 countries with the highest obesity rates:
  1. Nauru (61.00%)
  2. Cook Islands (55.90%)
  3. Palau (55.30%)
  4. Marshall Islands (52.90%)
  5. Tuvalu (51.60%)
  6. Niue (50.00%)
  7. Tonga (48.20%)
  8. Samoa (47.30%)
  9. Kiribati (46.00%)
  10. Micronesia (45.80%)
The United States has the 12th highest obesity rate in the world of 36.2% and is the most obese OECD country. Obesity rates vary significantly between states](/state-rankings/obesity-rate-by-state), ranging from 23% to 38.10%.
 

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
I have noticed women working in offices tend to be overweight.

Another important note is nurses. Their overall looks decline drastically. Walking through nursing school is like a wet dream. Walking through nursing admin is disturbing.
 

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
615
Age
48
No it doesn't

Here are the 10 countries with the highest obesity rates:
  1. Nauru (61.00%)
  2. Cook Islands (55.90%)
  3. Palau (55.30%)
  4. Marshall Islands (52.90%)
  5. Tuvalu (51.60%)
  6. Niue (50.00%)
  7. Tonga (48.20%)
  8. Samoa (47.30%)
  9. Kiribati (46.00%)
  10. Micronesia (45.80%)
The United States has the 12th highest obesity rate in the world of 36.2% and is the most obese OECD country. Obesity rates vary significantly between states](/state-rankings/obesity-rate-by-state), ranging from 23% to 38.10%.
Interesting.... thanks for that
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Obesity rates vary significantly between states](/state-rankings/obesity-rate-by-state), ranging from 23% to 38.10%.
I can tell you after living and traveling all over the US. Those percentages are VERY conservative to the say the least. There's a ton of fatties in the US
 
Top