Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are most men AFCs with women?

confusedstate

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m wondering roughly what percent of men are AFCs when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex.

Take an old friend, for instance. We caught up on facebook a few years ago, and I asked him how he’s been, and the first thing he says is “Have a new girlfriend, been busy with that” as to show off. His girlfriend would be a 4 to most guys regardless of taste…not a beast, but not attractive at all in face or body. I asked him if he wanted to hang out, and he said “I’m going out with my girl that day” once again as to brag.

For most men, is having a girlfriend, even an UG girlfriend, an accomplishment in and of itself?

I know a guy who’s more alpha…plays sports…doesn’t look AFC, etc., no homo, but not ugly…and he married a woman that would be a 3 or 4 to the majority…not even average…ugly face, average body and he’s only in his mid 20s.

Do most guys just take what they can get? And the guys you do see with attractive women, they just got her by luck or being in the right place at the right time?

I know there are naturals out there, and guys that are socially intuitive, or guys that start to “get it” at one point…but are most men just “I’m lucky that some girl is even paying attention to me?”

I’m also wondering, is it possible that with some of these guys, they don’t value physical appearance at all, maybe knew or dated a hottie at one point and she was difficult to please, so they went the other route and found an ugly, easy to talk to woman?

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will take a stabbed at this one!

IMO, 90% of men are afcs... With that said, there are varying degrees of afcism. Some more so than others. Most of us have some afc tendencies.

Then they are those who just do not give a fvck!!!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On this forum they will tell you that most guys are AFC. Like Sold My Soul above, he says 90% are AFC. I actually don't think guys are quite as bad off as they want to portray on this forum. Most of the guys I know seem to be doing all right. Of course these aren't high school age guys.

The main thing to remember is, like Sold My Soul says, there are varying degrees of AFCism. Things are seldom black and white, it's mostly shades of gray. Most guys have a mix of DJ and AFC in them. Few are 100% one or the other.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is a very quick test of your own AFC tendencies -

1. Do you go out of your way to avoid upsetting or offending women's sensitivities. Do you choose your words carefully?

2. When you plan a 'date' do you often ask her what she would like to do before you decide?

3. Have you ever been publicly "chewed out" by your G/f in public ?

4. Have you ever canceled your time with your buddies to do what she wanted to do instead ?

5. When she sulks or gets miffed with you, do you try to 'make it right' ?

Any "Yes " to these Q's indicates that you have some work to do on yourself .

Last edited:

Nkognito

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it depends, when you start to not care and really find what you want in a person and maybe they did. I know this sounds like a typical AFC reponse but I have seen my friends go through a nice set of HB8's and 9's but they just conflicted. One of my friends has a nice wife who is about 7 years younger but has bad acne. I don't consider her cute and her body while slim has little features. But one thing they both have in common....they are both get upset stomachs with dairy products.

I guess there is a balance between beauty and brains where we can connect.

FastMen

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think : yes , mostly because the chick flicks and media want to show you how to "win a girl" by being romantic etc, i think it works with the 10% of girls

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most pu$$y whipped guys are AFC through and through.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a sliding scale......

90% of AFCs are AFCs, and maybe 90% of AFCs are DJs just having a bad spell..... everyone has certain DJ qualities that come out, when they find their comfort zone with a woman and with themselves. Eveyone has had their "I'm so pimp" night. The DJs who get there, live that way most of the time.

The rest of the men are just at varying stages of figuring it out. I honestly don't believe in the AFC term, anymore. It's too black and white.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Here is a very quick test of your own AFC tendencies -
1. Do you go out of your way to avoid upsetting or offending women's sensitivities. Do you choose your words carefully?

Not any more. I used to all the time but I've got that handled.

2. When you plan a 'date' do you often ask her what she would like to do before you decide?

Nope. They perceive that as weakness.

Wouldn't stand for it EVER.

4. Have you ever canceled your time with your buddies to do what she wanted to do instead ?

Nope.

I used to in a sense. Now, I let her have her pity party for a while until her mood changes.

I guess I've been coming along fairly well.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The traditional balance between masculine and feminine polarity has been upset in the West today.

Women need men to be dominant to feel attraction. Yet women refuse to be subservient.

One of two outcomes:
1. Constant power struggle
2. Man betaizes into AFC chump, woman loses attraction

End result - women (and men) are miserable. Sh*t ain't going to work out.

If both men and women accept their natural roles, both parties are happy.

HeMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
judging someone based on how good looking their girlfriend is just wrong.

just because there girlfriends are not hot doesnt mean there weak.

all the super hot girls i know are annoying and pretty much undatable

my girlfriend is a 7 and an amazing girlfriend

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone already mentioned it, but its possible your profession, hobbies and general outlook on mode of living could determine whether you're a AFC with women or not, sometimes. I mean you could get a tough roughneck oil miner, who can be killed anytime on the job, but when he gets back home to his girlfriend or wife, could be a total sap. Another example, is you could get a dude who is more soft with his skills, but be a total alpha-pimp-slapping shmuck?

Just a little food for thought, can your profession, upbringing, social class and hobbies transcript you as AFC or not?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:

Not any more. I used to all the time but I've got that handled.

Nope. They perceive that as weakness.

Wouldn't stand for it EVER.

Nope.

I used to in a sense. Now, I let her have her pity party for a while until her mood changes.

I guess I've been coming along fairly well.
Congratulations AtomS, you are the 2010 Valedictorian :cool:

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PectoralisMajor said:
who cares? stop worrying about others and concentrate on YOURSELF.

enjoy.
Yeah... Also what I tought when I saw this thread. Why would someone ask this question, this is what I wonder.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would someone ask this question, this is what I wonder.
I'm not saying this is the case with the original poster, but:
A lot of guys who come here seem to want to fantasize that the entire world is full of wusses and chumps. This presumably makes them feel better about themselves, because they've read a few tips on a pickup board, so that makes them a REAL MAN compared with everyone else.

Fact is, all men have testosterone, and most are going to engage in testosterone driven behaviors.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Congratulations AtomS, you are the 2010 Valedictorian :cool:
Well, your test does help me realize that I've come along pretty nicely. And I used to be what would be considered a pretty hopeless case. I cringe when I think of my AFC days, and it's amazing how one can feel Mr. AFC trying to creep back in on occasion when I'm dealing with women. It's a good thing I recognize his foul stench and don't allow him access (for the most part).

confusedstate

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m just basing this on what I see around me. I don’t know any guys who are dating a HB, and the one guy I know who is dating a relatively cute woman, she has a lot of emotional problems and doesn’t feel she deserves better than him, and she’s just a plain jane 6 to begin with.

Of course, when you go to the mall or something, you see cool looking guys with pretty women of different levels, but it seems the majority of guys are content with an UG or fattie. I’m in no way saying these guys should aim for a 10…but you can definitely find a nice 6-7-8 that has the looks and doesn’t have the HB behavior or drama. They seem content that some 3 "likes them."

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know any guys who are dating a HB
Well, somebody's dating them.

This is the way it is where I live:
I'm thinking of some of the hottest girls I know. Most of the guys they're with are fairly average, really. They may have an outstanding attribute, like a great smile or are tall. People tend to pair up where I live, it's all about couples. It's a relatively small town.

Once the hotties are gone, then guys snatch up the more average looking girls. Most of the real hose beasts are unattached, not worth the effort I guess.

Then you have your player guy types, and a lot of younger guys, they make the rounds with the younger girls that are still available and the girls that will cheat on their boyfriends/husbands. You can usually tell them from the others, they carry themselves differently.