Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are dogs taking the place of men ?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, your standard hopeless romantic starter pack is a medium or large sized dog or multiple dogs.
Parks and walking paths are filled with this type of woman and she's often wearing earbuds too.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
Large dogs are used to replace boyfriends and small dogs are used to replaced children is what I've heard. Regardless, they are used to replace men in some capacity.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Large dogs are used to replace boyfriends and small dogs are used to replaced children is what I've heard. Regardless, they are used to replace men in some capacity.
That's a part of it but not the entire story. My married and cohabiting friends are mostly dog owners too.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

CaptFinnBad

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen this happen. The best example of this would be a friend who got a dog soon after moving in with his girlfriend. They got the dog at a time in their life when it didn't make sense to have that dog. They selected a dog that needed more space to roam than their 2 bedroom apartment. The dog was poorly behaved because it was too big of a dog for an apartment. They eventually moved to a single family house with more space for that dog, then eventually married and had children.

They did such a poor job with dog raising that their child raising skills are debatable.

The wild thing about this story is that it was an example of an established couple owning a dog. Single women might even be less equipped to handle dog ownership than a woman part of an established LTR.
In my personal opinion (haha always use this statement when talking about dogs) , I don't believe room is an issue providing the dog has a decent owner.

Training, suitable play and activities for the breed, consistency and dedication are more important.

A small home space completly aduquite as long as the dogs needs are properly furfiled.

Dog owners tend to give every excuse and external factor under the sun to explain why their dog is so messed up. Very few take accountability.

What boils my blood is the purely positive wack jobs. It's almost cult like , which comes from this fur baby culture.

As a trainer, my training style is massively based on positive reinforcement, shaping and building engagement (I probably train and work on these things and hour a day with my dog) . It creates a beautiful relationship.

I don't often use corrections or aversive methods.

BUT I have and WILL.

To me it's important to have a vast tool box available to reach into to solve problems.

It's become a big thing in the dog world to be "purely positive" never do anything the dog may perceive as a negative.

The reality dogs are dying because of these people.

They would rather put the dog down ot re-home if they can't fix problem with a treat, then proclaim they did everything they could but the dog couldn't be saved (due to some bull**** external factor/excuse).

Last edited: